Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Introduce Yourself => Topic started by: patchadwick on February 19, 2017, 09:21:12 AM

Title: Holiday to Kalkan & Patara
Post by: patchadwick on February 19, 2017, 09:21:12 AM
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a little information and advice. We have been to Kalkan several years ago but have been to Oludeniz for the last few years. Our friends have only ever been to Oludeniz. They love it there but are keen to see more so we are looking to spend 4/5 days in Kalkan and maybe 4 days in Patara then finish off our holiday in Oludeniz. I would like help with; where to stay, what we can do and see. We are a group of 6, ages range from 45 to 65. Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.
Title: Re: Holiday to Kalkan & Patara
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 19, 2017, 11:02:33 AM
To be honest although Patara is very nice for the beach and scenery the village is a bit tired..the accommodation is a bit limited and in general not to the standards you will find in Kalkan and Olu also at night it isn't exactly lively..i would stay in Kalkan and just visit Patara ;)
Post by: Chris_S on February 19, 2017, 12:35:40 PM
I would tend to agree with BL.

And if you're only doing a few days in Kalkan, then you may be best suited to a hotel, since the Apartments and Villas tend to do weekly (but I know that this may not be totally the case - see possible later posts).

Since the hotels, by and large, don't have so many package trips these days, with fixed departure days, you may be lucky and get the rooms you need for a few days where you will take up the 'slack' between longer bookings.

This could mean different hotels, or even changing rooms, but Kalkan's worth it, wouldn't you say?
Post by: Kalkan regular on February 19, 2017, 03:03:43 PM
When are you planning to visit?
Post by: mel on February 19, 2017, 06:24:53 PM
Look at Patara Viewpoint Hotel, it's a lovely small hotel with beautiful views and pool Very friendly and knowledgeable owners about the local area.
Post by: chrissy1 on February 20, 2017, 05:17:58 AM
For a hotel I would personally recommend Kalkan Dream Hotel in Kalkan small friendly  family run hotel with amazing pool and very close to town. They are very accommodating if they have rooms for the dates you need. You can email them direct, look on their Facebook page or website. I tend to agree with BL also regarding Patara. What ever you decide have a great holiday.
Post by: hobbo on February 20, 2017, 09:19:28 AM
If staying in Kalkan and visiting Patara (which sounds to me the best option) then thats 8-9 days, for 6 adults I would be looking at Villas rather than hotels, more space and more flexibility. I have sent you a PM with more info. 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal