Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Blue Lizard on December 02, 2016, 04:39:31 PM

Title: Wheres Everybody Gone?
Post by: Blue Lizard on December 02, 2016, 04:39:31 PM
Hello...is anybody there?   Whats going on? why has it gone so quiet ?  has everyone left Kalkan ? No posts ? Nothing happening ? somebody must be there !!!! ::)
Title: Re: Wheres Everybody Gone?
Post by: Sezkalkan on December 02, 2016, 05:23:55 PM
I'm here  ;D I was thinking the same!

Anyway everyone .... heads up .... Easyjet late Sept/early October flights released next Thursday 8th! Set your alarm.... :angel:
Post by: Blue Lizard on December 02, 2016, 06:27:35 PM
Wooo Wooo... the Kalkan Train will be leaving in 185 days!!..come on out Kalkan people ..we know you are watching!! :-* ;)
Post by: Kalkan regular on December 02, 2016, 06:52:57 PM
Thanks for the easyjet info.
Post by: Babs on December 02, 2016, 09:04:48 PM
Sezkalkan, I've just logged on to ask if anyone knew when the Sept/Oct easyJet flights were due to be released......brilliant, thanks!
Post by: Chris_S on December 03, 2016, 12:52:12 PM
Yes it's quiet - watching but got nothing to add - unless you want to know the sprouts are about to go on  >:D
Post by: chrissy1 on December 03, 2016, 02:12:50 PM
We are here weather is fabulous today was around 20 degrees and sunny, Fresh turkeys will aparantly be available at the Sunday Akbel market soon, sprouts are in the greengrocers, No xmas trees, decorations or frantic shoppers in sight. Been sunbathing round the pool this lunchtime,  cooked a Turkish chicken curry for dinner tonight after going out for a couple of tiddlywinks early doors. All booked up for xmas dinner at Marleys with all the trimmings and looking forward to New Years Eve at Mussakka. Loving life in Kalkan even though it's our very first winter here it's still paradise. Oh and the Lira was 4.49 in the banks yesterday happy happy days.
Post by: tortoise lady on December 03, 2016, 03:11:30 PM
Just booked flights for next June and September.   Going BA (tried for the first time this year) but they only have two flights a week now from Gatwick and no choice of flight times.   I will certainly be trying Turkish airline if they ever do direct flights from London.
Post by: Blue Lizard on December 03, 2016, 06:19:07 PM
Yes it's quiet - watching but got nothing to add - unless you want to know the sprouts are about to go on  >:D

You can tell a lot about about a man by his sprouts....oooooh! matron   >:D
Post by: Sezkalkan on December 03, 2016, 08:56:05 PM
Oh Chrissy, so envious. Sunbathing today???  :o
Enjoy your first Kalkan Christmas - we will get there one Christmas......
Post by: Lizilu20 on December 07, 2016, 12:31:03 PM
Well I'm still mooching about but haven't checked the forum for a few days.

Unlike Chrissy I've been frantically shopping for Christmas, buying frozen sprouts as a contingency plan in case there's a sprout drought this year as I've been caught out by that in the past and nearly had to rugby tackle a fellow shopper on Christmas Eve in ASDA to get out of my way when they announced over the tannoy that the sprout delivery had arrived. Talk about a stampede!

We've just got back from a very cold mini break up in the Lakes, couldn't even brace myself to get in the hot tub  -  I'd much rather have  been sunning myself in Kalkan. Sounds like your first winter in Kalkan is living up to the Kalkan dream Chrissy1, lucky you.

All the best to everyone and if any of you in Kalkan now fancy giving us a little snippet of winter life in our favourite place, it would be wonderful to help us along this cold and dreary winter.  :)

Post by: onelove on December 07, 2016, 05:44:49 PM
We can relegate on you Liz to liven things up on here 👍

Me & o/h are back in Kalkan from the start of Jan for a prolonged period
Not sure how long at the moment, we just tend to decide when we go home
when we decide to go !

Anyway I'm happy to put members to sleep with a redown on our
'Winter' in our most favourite place that's called Kalkan 😎
Post by: Mick07413 on December 07, 2016, 06:00:11 PM
Hoping to be out in January with my son to collect keys and paperwork for our appartment if everything goes to plan.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on December 07, 2016, 09:28:05 PM
I think we are all hibernating for winter :)
Perhaps its time to give the forum a Facelift, what do we all think?
Post by: Blue Lizard on December 08, 2016, 06:33:40 AM
Hey Jon....I think the forum is reflecting Kalkans season and Turkey in general and is like the Bjork(remember her?) song "it,s oh so Quiet"
Bad vibes in the UK press, the terrorist threat in the world and the Turkish Government upheaval have all taken it's toll..Some of the old posters on here who waxed lyrical about Kalkan have gone. Anything that you think might work is worth a try!!I am still here and willing to chat be it about sprouts or history or rubber crocs...anything! ;)
Post by: Chris_S on December 08, 2016, 10:36:57 AM
Tortoise Lady:

If yo're going to use BA, remember two things:

1.  You'll need to take your packed lunch with you >:D

2.  Get your drinks for the entire flight at take off.  They won't have any left by the time the aircraft gets to the coast.

The world's favourite airline?  To fly, To Serve?  Not judging by last year's flights :-X

I hope they will be better in 2017 than 2016 - Please report your findings…
Post by: Lizilu20 on December 16, 2016, 10:58:53 AM
Yes please Onelove, look forward to reading all your adventures in winter.

Where's DRBD? I really enjoyed your updates last year too.

Are you still wearing crocs BL? I find that with the holes, my toes either freeze together or get a bit wet this time of year  ;D ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on December 16, 2016, 01:31:38 PM
How Rude!!  I can assure you I NEVER wear those hideous croc things ..I will have you know i am  a fashion icon and crocs do nothing for anyones street cred....The very thought of the telltale Squeak Squeak Squeak of a sweaty foot inside a croc gives me the eebeegeebies..and is also why ninjas don't wear them >:D
Post by: Lizilu20 on December 18, 2016, 09:09:57 AM
  ;D ;D ;D ;D :o
Post by: kalkan4eva on January 01, 2017, 12:58:06 PM
Just catching up on EK...been a busy old time for me since the beginning of November and generally a terrible year for our family in 2016. Hoping for a much better 2017 and a bit more time to get on the forum would be good  ::)
Having an op early this year...they keep cancelling it so who knows when that will be, but I will have a lot of recouperation time so you'll be sick to the back teeth of me on here. Looking forward to your posts, onelove and anyone else who is out there too please.
Post by: Kalkan regular on January 01, 2017, 06:13:32 PM
Good luck with the op.
Post by: itstime on January 02, 2017, 12:41:04 AM
Good luck K4E 2016 has been a real mixed bag for me too. Absolute best thing was bringing a beautiful Kalkan dog over to live with us. Best thing we've ever done as he is simply a total joy. Won't go into the worst things but suffice to say 2017 will surely be better. Can't wait to return to Kalkan in June and already looking forward to hearing everyones holiday stories xxx
Post by: onelove on January 03, 2017, 08:13:53 AM
Just catching up on EK...been a busy old time for me since the beginning of November and generally a terrible year for our family in 2016. Hoping for a much better 2017 and a bit more time to get on the forum would be good  ::)
Having an op early this year...they keep cancelling it so who knows when that will be, but I will have a lot of recouperation time so you'll be sick to the back teeth of me on here. Looking forward to your posts, onelove and anyone else who is out there too please.

Will do my best Kalkan4eva
Post by: Mick07413 on January 04, 2017, 08:18:35 PM
Well I will be out back end of January arrive 24/01/17 so any ideas where I should head to for a couple of beers after a long journey. Also my wife and I have just booked flights for 3 weeks end March up to Easter. Can't wait.
Post by: pw on January 05, 2017, 06:34:52 AM
Well I will be out back end of January arrive 24/01/17 so any ideas where I should head to for a couple of beers after a long journey. Also my wife and I have just booked flights for 3 weeks end March up to Easter. Can't wait.

I would head to Bezirgans Pub and Kleo. Bezirgans will have a good fire going and their music is great.

pw
Post by: DRBD on January 05, 2017, 06:42:13 AM
Having a bit of a wet & very cold weather here at the moment so bring appropiate clothing.
Post by: Mick07413 on January 05, 2017, 03:21:31 PM
We are actually staying at Klee for the first night due to the arrival time as we haven't got keys for property yet.
Post by: Christina on January 06, 2017, 06:38:17 AM
My local is Marley's - (opposite Hunkar) - which is perfect at this time of year. Bright, cosy and welcoming with lovely (inexpensive) food, fab drinks and great music. Ozzy has a new funky turquoise wood burner which belts out the heat and makes you want to linger. Popular with a young Turkish crowd and ex-pats/visitors alike - there is always something going on there, at a time when the rest of Kalkan is extremely quiet. Tonight they are having a fish and raki night with live traditional Turkish music. Not a bad way to spend a cold January evening.
Post by: Potter on January 13, 2017, 10:45:04 AM
I'm here but not posted for ages. Kalkan return is on for June 26th 👌🏻
Post by: BeyazGül Apt. on January 13, 2017, 01:47:04 PM
Roll on May.
Post by: kalkan4eva on January 13, 2017, 02:56:30 PM
Roll on June....148 days!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal