Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: chrissy1 on November 07, 2016, 04:55:44 PM

Title: ADSL or Point to Point advice please
Post by: chrissy1 on November 07, 2016, 04:55:44 PM
Hi all. We have Point to Point internet at the moment getting around 8mbs most but not all of the time however have just acquired a box for watching sports and uk tv etc in the winter months but really need a bit faster speed. The next option for us with Point to Point is to get 12 mbs but that doubles in cost monthly. We are thinking of using TT NET as there's looks relatively cheaper but have heard that it can drop considerably whilst using. Anyone have any experience or advice that can help us decide as its all so complicated has the ASDL service improved recently. Any help would be appreciated by the way we live close to town near the market if location is relative. Thanks
Title: Re: ADSL or Point to Point advice please
Post by: onelove on November 07, 2016, 06:34:43 PM
We have internet service via TTNET. 95tl per month. Fantastic speed, never had a problem.

Hope this helps
Post by: chrissy1 on November 08, 2016, 05:50:59 AM
Thanks onelove helps a lot can you tell me what speeds you get for that please and at that price am guessing it is unlimited
Post by: onelove on November 08, 2016, 06:12:39 AM
Yes unlimited. I'm not very IT savvy but here goes....download average 80, upload average 12, ping 13.

Hope this makes sense & helps
Post by: chrissy1 on November 08, 2016, 07:12:26 AM
Thanks I think it does lol
Post by: mark on November 08, 2016, 09:03:47 AM
Just one other thing to ask onelove: is your's a Fibre connection?  We have two Internet connections one of which is fibre.  The fibre has increased in price from ~60tl to 100l after two years.  The other has not increased as much 60-75tl.  The speed is not as good as fibre but even in the high season we have not experienced big issues.
Post by: onelove on November 08, 2016, 10:04:17 AM
Yes it's Fibre. Fixed price for 2 years from memory
Post by: chrissy1 on November 08, 2016, 10:13:00 AM
One more question please who supplies yours if you don't mind me asking
Post by: onelove on November 08, 2016, 01:57:16 PM
TTNET
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal