Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Living In Kalkan => Topic started by: Christina on August 30, 2016, 06:15:47 PM

Title: Power surges in Kalkan - Ecosense units
Post by: Christina on August 30, 2016, 06:15:47 PM
In May this year, an Ecosense engineer advised me that my three aircon sensor units had all failed. I had to buy three new ones (at around (£100 each) and I was advised to send my failed units back to the Ecosense HQ in the UK for bench testing.

I have just had the results of the testing back, and Ecosense advise that the irreparable damage to the units was most likely caused by a large power surge. They suggested I get a power surge protector fitted to protect appliances in the future. The sensors are hard wired to the mains along with the aircon units, so I would need some sort of central device that protects the whole property.

Has anyone else been affected in this way, or does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to deal with this?
Title: Re: Power surges in Kalkan - Ecosense units
Post by: M n M on August 31, 2016, 11:38:55 AM
We have always had a regulator that holds the current steady, and stops any surges.
Didn't think that we needed one any more as the new electric supply was supposed to be more reliable.
Obviously that's not the case.
M n M
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal