Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Introduce Yourself => Topic started by: marinav on April 09, 2008, 01:28:33 PM

Title: New to the website
Post by: marinav on April 09, 2008, 01:28:33 PM
I''m new to the "Enjoy Kalkan" website, although I have been to Kalkan twice before in 2003 and 2004.  Coming back at the end of September and can''t wait!  I''ve stayed both times at the Asfiya Hotel through Tapestry Holidays and really enjoyed it.  This year, I''ve booked the flights with XL via the web and staying at the Hotel Meldi.  I was very impressed with the number of excellent reviews I''ve read about the hotel and all the staff, and Fatih has been very efficient and helpful in dealing with my booking.  I''m hoping Kalkan hasn''t changed too much in the last 4 years as, to me, its appeal is in its charm and character, and not being "touristy".  Judging by the posts on this forum I''ve read, it still sounds wonderful (probably more buildings on the hillside, I would have thought?). 

Bringing the in-laws again (they came before) and they are so excited - they absolutely love the place.  We''ve been chatting about all our favourite restaurants from before that we''re going to visit again - Ibo, Alternatif Atlantis, Olive Garden, Sofra to name a few.  Probably some new ones opened in the last few years, too.  Read good reports about Doy Doy - where''s that?  Will probably have trouble fitting them all in!!
Title: Re: New to the website
Post by: Chucky on April 09, 2008, 06:48:11 PM
I am sure Kalkan will live up to your expectations. Whilst there is still lots of new buildings in the "suburbs", the old town retains it''s character.
Title: Re: New to the website
Post by: Lorretta on April 09, 2008, 07:13:29 PM
I agree with Joan and the people are still as friendly.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal