Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: AlisonD on July 20, 2016, 10:21:30 AM

Title: Meal and drink prices this summer?
Post by: AlisonD on July 20, 2016, 10:21:30 AM
Bucking what seems to be the trend of not going to Turkey we are thinking of having a week -ish in kalkan at the end of August. I've read a few posts that would suggest that despite fewer visitors, the bars and restaurants have put their prices up this year.

Would anyone be able to give me some ballpark prices of, lets say snack type lunches and steak dinners, Effes and cocktails?

I want to help give an idea of likely budget to some of our group.

thanks  :)
Title: Re: Meal and drink prices this summer?
Post by: DRBD on July 20, 2016, 10:41:11 AM
Food prices vary obviously on what you prefer, effes/Tuborg can be anything from 8tl up to 16tl that we are personally aware of. 
Post by: msr on July 20, 2016, 12:48:24 PM
We have just come back from Kalkan and ate out every night. We had a few expensive meals, Aubergine, some very good value for money meals, the best of these being Olive Garden and some  cheaper ones, Fener and Black and Gold. We only ever had one course, far too hot for more,plus when you are given bread,olives etc.you don't really need a starter.We had alcohol with most meals.The most expensive worked out at £25 each, the cheapest £6 each. Some restaurants seemed a bit pricier but if you look around there are plenty of options. Perhaps it's best to be a bit more discerning than usual!
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 20, 2016, 01:29:40 PM
Cocktails vary in price depending on where you go...expect to pay around 25-30TL for those - not far off UK prices - not too many deals either. Jimmy's (Yakamoz) were good value, good people watching here and the staff are just lovely....also their cocktails tasted like they contained a good measure of alcohol whereas some I tried didn't....
Post by: BeyazGül Apt. on July 20, 2016, 04:55:44 PM
Had lunch today at ÖZ Adana opposite taxi rank,1 x lamb shish wrap, 1 x chicken wrap, 1 x ayran,  1 x orange fanta + 2 x turkish tea and paid 28tl . 
Post by: DRBD on July 21, 2016, 09:49:08 AM
Some of the cocktails I have seen look like a verylarge & posh desert.
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 21, 2016, 11:32:58 AM
Not a fan of the over elaboration, have to say. Keep them simple with a decent mix of alcohol v flavours and you're on to a winner.
Post by: Welovekalkan on July 23, 2016, 10:11:54 PM
We are currently in Kalkan and I must say that prices so far are higher than last year. 16TL for a large Effes seems to becoming the norm. We have just got back to our villa and the town was dead, so sad - all restaurant staff trying everything they can to get you in. Almost getting too pushy for our liking.
Post by: Haybo on July 24, 2016, 08:21:18 AM
This is my recollection of prices for 2....typically main course, 1 or 2 wines and soft drinks plus water

Hunkar 71tl
Marina 130
Alternative 170
Olive garden 155
Begonvil. 93
Gourmet 180

Post by: Blue Lizard on July 24, 2016, 01:59:16 PM
That's why during our hols in June Hunker were one of the few consistently busy every night!!having expanded and invested good luck to them I say!!....we did notice after the brexit vote and the exchange rate dipped one restaurant owner who already is one of the more expensive put his prices up!! ::)surprisingly not it was very quiet most nights.Mental note made....that's one I wont be going too next year
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal