Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: itstime on June 13, 2016, 07:03:09 AM

Title: Incredible trip
Post by: itstime on June 13, 2016, 07:03:09 AM
I'm not usually one for posting updates but last night we had such a wonderful time I'll make an exception  :) It's always difficult to find something different to do after more than 20 years of visiting Kalkan but last night was certainly new to us. We booked through the consistently excellent Abi Travel. Picked up in the most amazing new Mercedes mini bus at 6.45 and travelled the short distance to Xanthos. We've been before in the daytime but never in the evening. We were guided round the site expertly by Linda and stood in awe as we watched the sunset at the Harpy tomb. The sheer beauty can't really be explained but standing there amidst so much history, atmosphere and total silence is something I'll never forget. It was then on to Islamar for a lovely meal and back to Kalkan just after 10. A beautiful experience
Title: Re: Incredible trip
Post by: Babs on June 13, 2016, 07:06:42 AM
Sounds amazing!
Post by: RosiB on June 13, 2016, 12:52:25 PM
We did exactly that on our first ever trip to Kalkan in 1998! It's one of the experiences that made me fall in love with it, and one I'll never, ever forget.
So glad you loved it, too.
Post by: Lizilu20 on June 13, 2016, 08:40:34 PM
Oh that does sound good itstime. I love finding new things to see and do and experiencing new adventures that become our kalkan memories to reminisce about when we are having withdrawal symptoms.  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal