Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: philb1963 on June 01, 2016, 10:45:39 AM

Title: Sofra?
Post by: philb1963 on June 01, 2016, 10:45:39 AM
We paid our first visit of the year to Moonlight last night. As we were sat at the table we looked up at Sofra and realised it wasn't there any more!? When did this happen, Sofra has been a constant during our 10 years of visiting Kalkan - can't believe it's gone!
Title: Re: Sofra?
Post by: samson on June 01, 2016, 12:23:03 PM
 :( just this year. called The Terrace now. was one of our special places as well !
Post by: Charlie on June 01, 2016, 03:04:59 PM
Newly opened this year by Sedat, the jeweller below.  Unfortunately it wasn't ready when we were there last month but will try it when we visit later in the year.  Still the same wonderful views, give it a try :)
Post by: philb1963 on June 01, 2016, 04:28:22 PM
I think we will try it t, but just wondered if anyone knew why Sofra had closed?
Post by: kalkan4eva on June 01, 2016, 06:55:52 PM
Sofra was one of our "go to" restaurants in Kalkan but over the years we've noticed a steady decline in numbers. Mehmet was always a good front man but after his accident the front man they replaced him with was shockingly bad - a lot of new visitors would most likely walk straight past it. its a shame because the street is now very vibrant... I noticed from someone's photo on social media that Sedat has some new seating on the opposite side of the jewellers which might be part of Terras. There were old Moonlight seats there last year, which made me laugh. Mehmet did do a bit of front of house last year, but he has definitely lost some of his cheekiness. I hope he has found a job with the new venture or elsewhere in Kalkan. philb1963, ask Muhitidin in Moonlight, he will know what happened to Sofra.
We will give Terras a try, as Charlie says, the view is unbeatable - one of the best in Kalkan IMO. But we will raise a glass to Sofra and their fabulous food whilst we are there :(
Post by: Charlie on June 01, 2016, 10:02:36 PM
Yes the seating outside is part of Teras restaurant so if you want to sit in the lovely little street you can.  We too will miss Sofra and the lovely food and staff but look forward to trying the new Teras and wish Sedat much luck in his new venture.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal