Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Buying A Property & Real Estate => Topic started by: edisrag on April 05, 2008, 07:42:42 PM

Title: Insurance Letting and public liability
Post by: edisrag on April 05, 2008, 07:42:42 PM
Hi out there, I bought a villa last year and I am letting it out for this first season.  I have obtained insurance locally but public liability is not included.  I have tried to contact some firms back in the UK but advised ''due to government rules in Turkey they were are unable to offer.''
Has anyone else had this response?  does anyone know what it means? has anyone be able to get separate public liability insurance? and where from?

If you assume potential renters will have their own insurance, do you include a statement of this in their booking instructions?  and do you do a health and safety statement at the beginning of the season.

Mrs Cautious

Title: Re: Insurance Letting and public liability
Post by: Kalkan-Mina on April 06, 2008, 04:18:35 PM
Hi Edisrag

We insure our apartment in the Emir development through HISCOX underwriting, both the building and contents.  They dont cover Earthquake so we have separate EQ policy with Andolu Sigorta arranged through our Turkish accountant Ali Tunc + the standard government required policy.

The standard government policy is not normally sufficient to cover the replacement of your property if there is an earthquake so check with your Turkish broker that you are fully covered.

There are very few UK insurance companies that offer cover for holiday homes in Turkey particularly when you let to paying guests but the Hiscox policy is very good and includes as standard £5,000,000 of your liability to others both in your property and in the grounds, pool etc plus similar cover for any Domestic staff ie maids gardeners etc.

Its better to be "Cautious" than sorry even if it costs a little more.

If you PM me I will let you have our UK brokers details.

Regards
Colin
Kalkan-Mina

Title: Re: Insurance Letting and public liability
Post by: Christine Kalkan on April 07, 2008, 07:32:01 AM
The accountant / insurance broker Ali Tunç has provided lots of people I deal with  with thgird person liability insurance. I am not sure exactly what cover this gives, but Anadolu insurance charge about 150ytl for this. 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal