Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: bankieken on October 18, 2015, 11:13:22 AM

Title: Chillies closed?
Post by: bankieken on October 18, 2015, 11:13:22 AM
Arrived in Kalkan yesterday afternoon for 10 days and thought we would visit Chillies for their delicious lamb shish. It was closed up! Seems a little early with a couple of weeks left of the season. Still closed this morning when I passed. Disappointed.
Title: Re: Chillies closed?
Post by: chickengeorge on October 18, 2015, 12:19:01 PM
Yes, they closed last Thursday and not planning to open for winter - at least that is what the owner told me last week.
Post by: pw on October 18, 2015, 12:54:57 PM
That's a shame, I hope everything is OK with the guys. My son is going out next week and will be disappointed if Chillies isn't open.

Anyone know why they've closed before the half term hols?

pw
Post by: Babs on October 18, 2015, 02:44:58 PM
They did the same thing when we were there last year!
Post by: DRBD on October 18, 2015, 02:52:08 PM
Think more will close early as it's been a quiet season, no good hanging on if no body about, running costs too expensive these days.
Post by: Lucy Lou on October 19, 2015, 09:27:57 AM
 I wonder if in part it is related to Mr Happy being off injured after a nasty road accident ?

But yes very early & was always my easy to get to standby lunch or dinner.  So I'll have to walk a bit farther my last few days.
Post by: pw on October 19, 2015, 06:01:56 PM
I am more concerned that it might have something to do with anti-Kurd feelings that some Turkish people in Kalkan seem to have. I sincerely hope this is not the case but I heard that Doy Doy was vandalised a little while ago by Kalkan locals as some kind of protest about the current troubles.

pw
Post by: ScotsinKalkan on October 20, 2015, 07:34:35 AM
Chillies closed at the same time last year so no difference there. There are plenty of restaurants open at present, you could even say to many for the amount of customers around. We have been to eat where only 2/3 tables in use at 8.30pm.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal