Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: Haybo on July 31, 2015, 06:23:28 AM

Title: Watch out, watch out, there's a Haybo about!
Post by: Haybo on July 31, 2015, 06:23:28 AM
Morning folks,

Sitting by our backdoor at home, and i can honestly say it's freezing! Hard to beleive that in less than 24 hours I will be sipping my coffee looking down onto that wonderful, heart, body and soul warming view.....KALKAN!

Just a few jobs to do around the house - we are having a house sitter as we were burgled again 2 weeks ago for the 2nd time in 4 months.  So, any potential burglars reading this.....there are no motorbikes left at Chez Haybo to get your ever-so grubby hands on! Thus means i have to leave the place super tidy!

Then we need to drop the dog off...we have some lovely friends who literally fight over having him. we are very blessed!

So, we are in town the same time as Bob & Jayne, Kalkan Gems, Lizilu20 and many other regulars, so no doubt some of our antics will be in cahoots with them! I will tell you the true version of events as I don't really drink!  watch this space....

See you on the other side xx
Title: Re: Watch out, watch out, there's a Haybo about!
Post by: BarbH on July 31, 2015, 06:59:05 AM
Morning Haybo,

I do hope they leave your house alone, what a rotten thing to happen.

Sounds like there will be quite a big party going on when you all meet up, all of them sound a real good bunch to holiday with. Have a great time.

Not stepped out of the door yet but looks nice and sunny here in London, off to a BBQ later for my sons birthday.

Have a safe flight and a great holiday.

Post by: Lizilu20 on July 31, 2015, 12:40:32 PM
Hi Haybo, so sorry to hear about you burglaries, that's awful. Good idea to get a house sitter, it should help ease the worry.

So, off to Kalkan you go  8) 8) 8) 8)

Very much looking forward to hearing all about it and hopefully joining in with some of it very soon!  :)
Post by: suzyq1 on August 01, 2015, 08:09:51 AM
Hi Haybo

How awful for you. I hope the worry won't spoil your holiday.

Well all being well I'm guessing you have arrived? Have a fab holiday and I'll look forward to reading all about it.

It's actually a glorious day here so maybe summer has finally arrived. Perfect for topping up my fading Kalkan tan, but I know where I'd rather be!  8) 8) 8) 8)
Post by: Haybo on August 02, 2015, 05:04:37 AM
We have made it! After 51 weeks of Daily visits to the forum and the webcams, we are really here in person!

We had a decent flight from the UK, were off the flight in record time...about 9 minutes from touchdown to being inside the building, but then the visa hall......what a joke! We got in a queue which just didn't seem to move, others were moving really fast...do we jump queue or stick where we were so we did the British thing and just politely stayed there.  After nearly 40 minutes we got to about 3 parties from the front and the chap in the box just picked up his butty box and left! No replacement, shutters down...gone!   

Into another queue and thus guy tried to do the same! We were not happy campers.  Still, once we were through there was no waiting for our bags as they were the only 3 left on the carousel! Can you believe that Shirl! How funny!

Another great transfer down and we arrived at the apt around 11:45.  Quick loo stop then off to get some tea.  I have been in contact with Ata Mezze and they knew we were coming, so yet again they guys there really looked after us! Home at last !

Got to bed at around 2am so what a surprise when everyone was up and about at 7am.  Very lazy day spent doing a spot of shopping, pool time and catching up with Facebook friends, plus folks that were here last year too!
As expected the gang were dropping to bits late afternoon so we pulled ourselves together early doors and headed out around 7 to a family fave hunkars! I had been dreaming Of doner betyi for a year!  Great food at a great price.

Quick mooch along to Lucky to change a bit if cash, the bank wouldn't accept our £20's in the cashpoint and get an icecream from romantica.  Not sure about the stalls etc along that stretch....its maybe busier because of seaport and mussaka, but it felt a bit like a german market....sorry!

Early to bed for us ....days of excitement ahead...boat trips, Ephesus, jeep hire,more boat trips and beach clubs..... Oh and most important of all..BAG SHOPS
Post by: Mayday1 on August 02, 2015, 06:57:18 AM
Glad you are there in paradise safe and sound.I hope your holiday goes brilliantly.I know what you mean about the " German market " stalls.Also the young children trying to sell you little trinkets and bracelets etc.It is getting a little like Marmaris just there.It is not for me at all.

Look forward to hearing about your many adventures to come.Have a fabulous day.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 02, 2015, 08:19:06 PM
Hey you finally made it! Sounds like a nightmare through the visa check. I didn't realise that you could still get them at the airport - just glad we've done ours online, although the queue at passport control will probably be the same. It's brilliant in April when you can walk atrIdht through.
Well we spotted you all tonight on the webcam!!! Hope your meal went well and looking forward to hearing all about it.  :)
Post by: Haybo on August 02, 2015, 10:07:16 PM
Lizilu- that was with the visa already! It was a shambles. Glad you saw ys, passersby thought we were bonkers!
Post by: Haybo on August 06, 2015, 07:18:12 AM
Hi all, sorry have been a bit tardy, but we have been taking it easy and internet acess has been a bit hit and miss.  So, what have we been up to?

Sunday moring saw hubby and I walking along to Enes to pay for the car hire later in the week, but guess what, they didn,t want our money until we were finished, when you live in a society where they want all your personal data and a hefty deposit to borrow some armbands at the leisure. Centre, its seems amazing that someone will let you drive off with a valuable asset like a car! Humbling to say the least! Anyway, we got to see Antlers Yellow Villa so that looks a prospect for the big 5 0 holiday!

Rest of the day spent chilling out before a meal with Bob &Jayne and kalkan Gems in Symrna, run by Rami.  Excellent meal.  I had parmeasan chicken and it was lovely. 

Monday was spent on the fab Yildiz 3. Nothing more to add really, except those kids are golden.  What a fabulous work ethic. 

Tuesday we got the car, so a bit of 'heavy stuff' shopping from Yali and a trip to simply chic just to get the feel of the car, then a quiet afternoon before heading up into the hills to find Bodamye Tepe.  What a lovely spot up there! Sadly it was a bit hazy so not a lot to see.  Great food but ruined by the wasps up there.  We had to move inside in the end as we had gone early and it wasnt yet dark.  Top tip - go in the dark! Early night for us as we were off on our big road trip on Wednesday!

So, alarm went of at 04:30 and the Haybo clan gladly and willingly (!) leapt out of bed......quick coffees, gathering together essentials etc and we were off at about 05:20! Googlemaps said the journey to Ephesus would take about 4:22' but the satnav said 5hrs! I was not happy, but off we set.....hardly saw a car at all! Stopped in a shell garage with the most amazing toilets ever...stop at one! Made great progress and hit the nearby town in 3:30! Had breakfast and then hit Ephesus.  It was already very hot and very busy with tours and stuff. 

Tom bought me an umbrella to shade me...i dont think i would have coped without.  Ephesus is a magnificent place.  I have recently become a Christian and to think that this place is mentioned in the Bible and that Paul wrote a letter that became a whole book in the Bible was quite something for me.  A special day!

Journey back was almost as quick, we got home just before 18:00, planned an early tea, but didnt actually eat until 9.  We went to Bread & More on the stength (not recommendation!) of Antler, and had a lovely meal.  I had bread and more meatballs - what a huge meal! Delicious.  Sadly, we were their only customers.....if you fancy a night away from the hustle and bustle...give them a try! Jut up the Kalamar Road. 

Late start for me today, but we should be heading to a beach club late via the opticians to get my new specs. 
Oh my epic fail for today is buying coffee beans instead of grounds...need to ask all the neighbours ifthey have a grinder they can lend us!
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 06, 2015, 08:58:45 AM
Good to hear from you again haybo.

I admire your stamina re that trip to Ephesus. I think we'd have probably stayed somewhere overnight and done it in 2 days. Many, many years ago, a friend and I did a road trip from Izmir to fethiye and it was a long drive if I remember rightly.

We stopped off at Ephesus and it was amazing. I know exactly what rosiB meant when she said about the feelings that overcame her at the ruins in patara because even after all these years, I remember that overwhelming feeling of awe and wonder in Ephesus. Somewhere I'd love to go again.

So, I bet it feels good having another couple of weeks left doesn't it? This time next week we will be very excited as its our K day!!! Can't wait!!
Post by: MartynE on August 06, 2015, 09:45:33 AM
We had a trip to Ephesus last October and it was amazing...but we broke the journey up with an overnight stay in Bodrum (which was ok, I guess, if you like that sort of thing - I think Kalkan has spoilt us for other seaside resorts in Turkey ;) ).

Not sure I would have fancied doing that journey all in one go, but Ephesus is just spellbinding and, yes, quite overwhelming when you think about the two thousand years that has passed since its construction. Definitely worth the effort of making that trip. Glad you enjoyed it too.

Post by: Blue Lizard on August 06, 2015, 12:07:45 PM
We went to Ephesus many years ago while staying in Kusadasi...we got a dolmus from the town and went by horse and cart to the village of Selcuk nearby to the museum which houses much of the stuff from Ephesus very interesting..it was quite strange to see the History of all those years and imagine all that had happened in Ephesus to learn that the repairs that were being carried out to the main Amphitheatre at Ephesus was to repair damage caused by the sound equipment of the Pop band "Police" (they held concerts in there) ...naughty Mr Sting!!  ;D
(Paul Young did a concert too but the earth didn't move ..apparently ;D)
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 06, 2015, 01:10:43 PM
Oh that does bring memories back - we also did Ephesus whilst staying in Kusadasi in the 80's and likewise did the horse and cart thing. I think this place is truly remarkable - and the fact that you could walk down streets and look into houses and really feel as though you have been transported back 2000 years...its incredibly well excavated....and the site is huge! Oh Haybo, what a brave lot you are tackling that trip in one day - I would have been exhausted but 3hrs30 to Kusadasi is good going - it can take that long to get to to The Lakes from where we live and we've often done that in a day.
Looking forward to hearing more about your stay :)
Post by: Mayday1 on August 06, 2015, 10:03:42 PM

What an amazing trip.We have been to Euphesus in May but also stayed over at a lovely hotel just outside Bodrum,in Bardaci bay at The Azca hotel.You are so brave to have done it in one trip.I think Sting loves this type of arena but damage is being done,but an amazing venue to see a concert.Glad you are having an amazing holiday and love reading all about the reports..please keep them coming

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

o direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298

Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 07, 2015, 04:56:09 AM
Haybo your trip sounds amazing, we have never been, you must have had a fabulous day, look forward to hearing all about it later.   :D
Post by: Haybo on August 07, 2015, 06:02:35 AM
Thanks everyone.  I couldn't bear to be away from Kalkan for any longer than was absolutely necessary hence the big trip in a day.

As it was market day yesterday we headed in the opposite direction and went into town! First we walked over to enes to pay for the car hire.  Those guys are the best.  They werent fussed about being paid, bought us cold water, offered us a lift into town and have undertaken to get Tom back to the airport next Friday by either putting him in a car with another party if they agree, or sending him in one of the cars that was due to go empty. 

So we walked into town from there, waved frantically to my Mum and Dad at the Mavi webcam which they loved, and then went in a few bag shops, had a drink in Merkez, booked a table at Alternatif and then went to Goz opticians as i have a completely new prescription and need new specs and the lenses changed in my sunnies. 

Back home for some sunbathing and watching the kids at Emir being  given a diving lesson by anothe guest.  Great fun...they all really improved!

Out to Alternatif for dinner, where the boys had the best steak they've ever eaten and i had a lovely prawn dish.  They had sorted out a bitrthday cake for me so we had all the flares and fireworks too! It was great!   The kids that had been diving in the afternoon were in the restaurant too so we shared the cake with them.  They were so pleased and polite.  A true credit to their parents!

All in all a simple, but great day!
Post by: suzyq1 on August 07, 2015, 09:09:17 AM
Happy belated birthday wishes :)
Sounds like you had a fantastic trip to Ephesus! Like Lizilu20 I think I would have needed 2 days as it must have been very tiring, but hey, just think, you have another 2 weeks to recover  :) :)

Post by: Lizilu20 on August 07, 2015, 09:37:05 AM
Sounds like a lovely relaxing day after your mammoth road trip.

Happy belated birthday - I know all about birthday celebrations this year, as I'm having an official birthyear, rather than birthday, so you can join in my kalkan birthyear celebrations too soon  ;) ;)  :).
Post by: Babs on August 07, 2015, 06:34:35 PM
Happy Birthday!
What a trip, when you asked for suggestions no one thought you planned to tKe on something so huge!
Glad you had an amazing time  :laugh:
Post by: Haybo on August 07, 2015, 06:51:21 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It was actually my birthday on 19 july but i was away looking after my Mum who has broken her wrist and ankle, so the boys arranged the special surprise for me last night!
Post by: Babs on August 07, 2015, 07:19:54 PM
Excellent plan......I celebrated my birthday late this year....in Kalkan!  :laugh:
Post by: keith on August 07, 2015, 07:50:54 PM
Well done to the boys for arranging the birthday surprise. I probably won't get a chance to visit Ephesus but it sounds like a really exceptional place. It is the type of historical site that I would love to explore and I should probably be more adventurous!!
Post by: Haybo on August 09, 2015, 05:38:51 AM
Well I honestly don't know where the days are going! They are flying by at breakneck speed and are seriously melting into one!

After the excitement of the fl ates etc from Alternatif, we spent a lovely day aboard Pina X with Bob & Jayne, Kalkan Gems and 2 lovely ladies from out apts.  it was so lovely knowing all of the people on the boat, thee was no territorial stuff and the constant 'excuse me's!'

The food was fab, there was plenty of jumping in and mud bathing.  The currents seemed pretty strong as at the last stop, we found ourselves constantly drifting away from the boat! Great exercise getting back - especially to eat cake!

After the trip we had a lively cool down drink at Cafe Leon - iced mocha - i had been looking forward to that for a couple of hours! Then back to Emir to cook.  Dave did an exceptional job with a spag bol, with ingredients that weren't quite what he expected....who puts a hole down the middle of spagetti?

We then discovered that we only had 2 magnum icecreams in the freezer, so had to play cards for them!  Apparently they were very nice ....as you can tell I am no card shark!

Yesterday was a pool day - i am determined to get my legs brown! So, the odd dip in the pool, reading my book and chatting with new friends was he order if the day.  Several apartments were leaving last night if first thing today so there was lots of beetling about getting packed, borrowing case scales etc! I am very thankful to Patricia and her family who gave us all their left over produce....especially as it included instant coffee...we were still perservering with grinding our own beans in a pan with an olive oil bottle!

I was very sad to say goodbye to Kalkan Gems.  It has been lovely spending some time with them.  I hope they had a safe flight home. 
We decided to aim for a cheap tea last night and went to Adana Kepab.....i think we all ate
and drank for 112tl! That said, I think our allegiance remains with  Hunkar.
On the way back up the hill, i popped into Kaya. As i had arranged from the UK to go on their BBQ trip on 11th, but couldn't get them to tell me what time.
it was a good job I did as they don't have a trip on 11th! That would have been awkward! We go with them The following day!

Before i started to type this, I saw the FB Message from Coriander.  I am sorry to hear that they are having problems.  We had a booking for 10 there for last Sunday and they cancelled so we knew something was amiss.

The plan today is to hit a beach club then eat in tonight.  We need to pop to see alper as i think we have a jeep booked fir tomorrow so that will be fun!

Will try to pull together an interesting report for you!
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 09, 2015, 12:17:14 PM
Very sad about coriander, we were looking forward to going there this year. I know the restaurant is still open but I believe that the chef is different and all staff changed?
I hope they manage to sort out their differences. Seems like a sad end to a new and thriving business with such good reviews.  :(

Glad you are having a lovely time though Haybo. Made me laugh about the magnums!

Have fun in the jeep.  :)
Post by: Haybo on August 10, 2015, 06:28:03 AM
Yesterday was Kalkan Beach Park for us.  We like it over there, we even have favourite beds...bit sad! We were a bit late getting over there so they had already been taken .  We managed to find a nice shady and sunny spot so everyone was happy.  Even tho alot of the faces were the same, it seemed a bit different organisationally.  I think we only saw our at tendent twice all day.  Right at the start we had to ask him to take a drinks order rather than him being on it. 
Tom took himself off for a full english which he said was awesome, only to join in with lunch Jess than an hour later.  We shared club sandwiches and chips.  We had been warned by others and the at tendent that lunch orders might be slow.  It took about 35 minutes so that was ok.

There are 2 turtles hanging out in the swimming area at KBP so we spent some time stalking them and got to swim with them for a while when they surfaced.  It was lovely! There was quite a chop to the sea though as it was breezy over there.

We made our way back over around 4 as we had to pop to Goz Optician to get my and matthews new secs.  Gosh. My per scription has changed! Made me feel abit queasy wan i out them on.. It has made it impossible to read wearing my prescription sunnies now so i will have to invest in some cheap ones for reading whilst sunbathing.

Whilst he was sorting out my sunnies, we went for a drink in Cafe del Mar.  The guy in there has offered to grind our coffee beans for us! Yay!   We went foam there to Yali to get provisions for D to make a curry. We dragged the shopping IPA the hill only to remember we had forgotten to drop into Alper re the jeep hire.  D and T went down there to sort it out and then came back up and straight into the pool!   Consequently it was gone 8 before we started cooking tea.

It was worth the wait as it was delicious.  Had enough mini magnums to go around tonight, but had a couple of games of cards anyway!

We had a power outage at 5:30 this morning that went on for about an hour, so the sudden silence when the aircon went off woke me up.  I got up and only Patara Prince had any light on, everywhere else was dark.

So, we have a jeep today...where will we end up? The only thing I know for sure is Guru's Place for dinner!

X
Post by: Chris_S on August 10, 2015, 10:52:26 AM
Just curious:

Did you not get photochromic reading glasses?  No need for sunglasses while in the sun then.
Post by: keith on August 10, 2015, 08:14:27 PM
Hi Haybo.....sounds like you are having a great holiday and I'm pleased that the turtles are still around. Can't wait to hear about your adventures in the Jeep.
Post by: janeb on August 10, 2015, 08:26:04 PM
Really enjoying your posts. Thank you.
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 10, 2015, 11:20:59 PM
Touch of the Joycies there Haybo  ;D ;D
Enjoy Guru's, little mentioned on here, but lovely traditional food and Huseyin had sourced some very drinkable locally produced wine last time we were there.
Hope you have fun in the Jeep :)
Post by: Haybo on August 11, 2015, 05:20:18 AM
I don't think the spell checker is my friend!
Post by: Haybo on August 11, 2015, 06:14:52 AM
Jeep day! What a great day we had.  We loaded our trusty cool bag up with frozen and chilled water, biscuits and fruit and set off...first dropping back down to pay Alper...i went in as i hadn't met him before, and he had sent a 'hello' back up the hill with D!

We went to the filling station up by the D400 and had no idea how much fuel this thing would need....we put in 50tl as a start, but as we drive off, the fuel guage barely moved! We decided it was best to have too much than too little so stopped off again in Yesilkoy and put in another 50!

We trundled along the D400 to the Saklikkent turning...boy it was warm with the sun beating down.  We passed lots of kids sellingnstuff by the roadside,so there was lots of waving and calling out! We were surprised as we approached the river that there was no evidence of any early 'tubers' or even more surprising, no jeeps safaris...it was almost 11am.  We hit Saklikkent and the place was deserted.  When we went on a trip a couple of years ago onthe dolmus it was heaving when we got there at about the same time of day.

We weren't stopping either and continued the climb up to Tlos.  The scenery is so beautiful.  I was cooking a bit so was glad when we went through shady areas.  We could see Tlos looming in the distance.  The boys who all love things like this were getting very excited!

We parked up at a little cafe and made our way across.  It costs 5tl to get in.....it is a fascinating place.  D and T did a bit more exploring than M and I as M was struggling a bit with the heat so I graciously volunteered to escort him back to the cafe for an ice cold Sprite!
the others joined us after about 40 minutes so we had another drink...i think 2 sprites, 2 fresh orange juices  a coke and a water cost  21 tl!  Before we left we boughtna couple of apples from some kids inthe car park.

From there we headed off to Pinara......heading back down was quite dusty and we could see that it was absolutely chucking it down off towards Fethye.  We wanaged to skirt around the edge of the rain, just getting hit by a few big drops, but when we hit the D400 again we could see that where we were heading looked very dark.

Still, being the fearless adventurers that weare, we pressed on.  Pinara, although signposted is a very little visited site.  It is similar to Tlos in that there is an amphitheater, acropolis and necroplois, but it much more hidden away, looking over the Xanthos valley.

We were the only people there and it was wonderful.  The boys got to climb up to the tombs and we were able to use the jeep to get us to other parts of the site.  The ticket man told us to follow a road to the next car park, but after 30 minutes af climbing uphill in the jeep, we figured we were going nowhere! The road was unmade and it was very bumpy! The boys spent most of the journey stood up in the back whooping and hollering as there was a geeat echo.  Thankfulky the rain stayed away

The risk averse person that I am was less keen on this and was relieved when we turned around to head back down.  We made it back to Kalkan for about 5 and all threw ourselves i to the pool!

Dinner was booked for gurus place so we headed out there in our jeep.  I dont want to post what seems to be a negative review, but things just didn't go our way! Firstly the table we were offered was in the car park...not keen on that.....thenthe table we did have was i. A force 10 gale...not their fault.  There was a large table in that were getting lots of personal attention so we felt a bit neglected.  We asked for the dessert menu about 4 times but didn't get given it...so headed home to the magnum stash!

Lazy day today........

Post by: Babs on August 11, 2015, 10:32:16 AM
Haybo....your jeep day reminded me of a day we went out on a rather battered jeep and were rather too intrepid for our own good.....but that's a very long story  :laugh:
As we came down from the mountains towards Kalkan were being chased by the rain, but thought it would be fine when we got back as "it never rains in Kalkan in August" how wrong we were, we arrived back in torrential rain with me with a towel wrapped round me as the jeep leaked.
Still.....happy ending, we bought baclava on the way home and when we got back our friends who were staying in the apartment above us invited us to share our baclava with them and their nicely softened ice cream.......as there had been the inevitable power cut.
By the time we went out in the evening, everywhere had dried up and normal service was resumed!  :laugh:
Post by: Haybo on August 11, 2015, 03:27:39 PM
Babs that does sound a bit like our day....would have loved some baclava!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 11, 2015, 06:59:03 PM
Your Jeep day sounded fabulous Haybo  :D
Post by: keith on August 11, 2015, 07:21:01 PM
Haybo......if only I could be as adventurous. Sounds as though you had a really great day in the Jeep. I daren't even drive on the main roads in Turkey let alone up unmade roads.
Post by: suzyq1 on August 12, 2015, 09:59:14 AM
Sounds like you are having a great holiday Haybo. Thanks for sharing it with us. Like Keith, we don't venture far on holiday so its great to hear about other peoples  adventures.
We have a weather warning in place for tomorrow and Friday, so you are definitely in the right place.
Post by: Haybo on August 15, 2015, 05:10:44 AM
What have i been thinking! No report since Monday? Bad!

We got up earyish on Tuesday so that we could make the most of having the jeep before handing it back at 9so D and I went to Yali and did some shopping which we then didn't have to carry on up the hill.  We had agreed before he took it back that we would ask if it was available for another day and he came back with the news that he had booked it for2 more days! Excellent!   

Whilst the boys were pulling themselves together, i wandered into town to seee if incould find somewhere to get my nails redone.  I phoned my folks and had a good wave to them at the Mavi webcame, much to the amusement of other folks, then I went to the Wella place near Samphire biut couldn't get in until later, so booked a slot before dinner rather than walking back down in the afternoon.  So, it seemed rude not to go and do a bit of bag shopping whilst I was there so went into BSG to look at the mulberry i had seen earlier in the holiday.  Instead i fell in love with a cream gucci that was in the sale! YES!   I was also in the market for a messenger bag and again had seen a mulberry, but then, there in front of me was the true object of my desire...a Louis Vuitton messenger...sold to the lady in green shorts!   Flushed with success, i bought a couple odf Longchamps for our dog sitters and treated myself to a taxi home as i was about £50 better off than i thought i would be!

The rest of the day was spent chilling at home, before heading back into town for the nails and dinner at Alternatif.  My usual nail lady would have kittens if she saw rpthem doing nails here...a metal nail file and sitting with the light box on your lap.  Not the greatest job on my hands, but my toes look good!   Dinner at Alternatif was excellent as usual. Had the jack daniels steak.  So soft snd velvety! I had dessert fir the first time as i have been curious about fried icecream......curiosity satisfied........don't think i,ll be doing that again!

Wednesday was another jeep day, so loaded up with snacks and water, we boarded the chariot with plans to go to Sidyma and Letoon, but on the way out D decided he wanted to see tow to get to the top of the ountain here, so we tok the Elmali road to see where it took us.  Wow, the scenery and countryside the other side of the ountain is glorious.  As a result we just keep driving and ended up in Elmali! Boy it was hor in the jeep.  The new plan was to stop in Elmali for lunch, but when we got there, it was all a bit traditional, lots of groups of men sitting around...i had planned for ending up at Patara so i wasnt really dressed appropriatley, so we just picked up the Fethiye road and  headed out!

We stopped for fuel and light refreshemnts and then headed into some more beautiful countryside.  We found ourselves in a rocky canyon full of goats, wandering loose!   The boys were starving so we had our eyes peeled for somewhere to eat and eventually found a roadside restaurant ...the issues of my attire were still there, but we felt that we would be ok.  A young lady (about 14) showed us to our table and we asked for the menu...no menu...didnt they want us to stay?  Eventually she took D and the boys off into the kitchen where she pulled a large metal box out of a brick fire to show them several dead creatures being cooked.  Thumbs went up, salad, water and soft drinks ordered and we were good to go!
The salad was enormous and covered in a delicate balsamic dressing...the bread was in a pretty bread basket that has so much bread in it, it was brought to you in a carrier bag!   Then a platter of lamb meat over a flame was brougt to us and we tucked in.  Simple food, but so welcome and delicious! 95tl and we were on our way.

We eventually joined the D400 and headed back to Kalkan driving straight past our original destinations... We, along with that delicious lamb were getting cooked so we needed the sanctuary of the pool!   Dinner was again a fairly simple affair in Hunkars, followed by a wander into town to the mavi camera to wave to my sister who was back from her hols in Egypt.  Coffees in Cafe del Mar and a pop into goz to see if D's specs were in - they weren't and home for us.

Thursday was another jeep day, but to be honest i couldn't do another day, so I opted for a trip to the market with Bob & Jayne.  First I went to look at their lovely apartment and then we set off to walk to the market, but passing Emir I could see D was still here, so popped in to ask him for a lift to the market!

jayne leapt into the back like a young gazelle, whilst I was less graceful.....i will leave it to her to describe my mthods for on boarding and alighting!

The market was fairly quiet still, but soon started to fill up....spent a fortune on 3 nectarines and some mushrooms! £2 maybe!   Had the rest of the morning and early afternoon to myself , then the boys came back and we had pool time before heading down to our moon light cruise.......
Post by: Haybo on August 16, 2015, 06:28:34 AM
 :).......we still had the jeep so we set off early to make sure we coukd get a parking space down by the harbour.  Bob &Jayne had managed to get on the same trip to do some meteor shower watching and we had offered them a lift back up the hill later so we were really pleased to find a space.  Dave popped along to get his glasses and by 18:15, after an issue with the anchor which required Adem to dive into the harbour, we were off! First stop, Firenk bay ...blimey that was cold! Then off to mouse to watch a superb sunset.  We then headed into another bay for the bbq and star gazing.

The food was marvellous as usual, but the choice of stargazing spot was not! We had kalkan directly behind us, and 15 other boats and their lights to contend with...the boad right next to us was full of partying teenagers playing loud music.  The lightnpollution was too much.  Is saw 3 shooting stars and 1 meteor, but had hoped for lots more.  That said, it was still a lovely trip.

We got back to the harbour at about 23:30' paid our bills and wandered back to the jeep.  Rather than wait for Dad to come back for them, our boys decided to walk home, with us , bob&jayne going up the hill in the jeep.  D dropped me off first then dropped the others a few doors down and headed back into town to scoop up the boys from wherever they had got to.  The boys got back here before he did.

As D came in, he said "who's got my phone and wallet?" To which we all replied "Not me!"...so we had a quick hunt around the bags,mthe apartment and the jeep, but they were nowhere to be seen.  D and eldest went back to the jeep to go down to the harbour, when T had the bright idea of calli g the phone so they could hear the ring tone......but they couldn't hear it.  A few minutes later, T looked at his phone and he had a missed call from Dads phone! They called it back and a guy answered and arranged to meet them at Chillis to hand it back! It's not absolutely clear where they found it, but it may have been near  AKBank, which is odd because we didnt stop there! There was no sign if the wallet though. Still, a massive relief to get the phone back, so a big thank you to the guys that handed it back.

They parked up again at the harbour and went to the boat, spoke to the taxi guys, followed the route back up on foot but no sign of it.  They came back to the apt at around 01:00 and we started the process of cancelling cards. What a nightmare! We reckoned there was between £100 and £150 in the wallet plus cards, licenses etc....having been burgled twice this year, we were getting familiar with that feeling of despair!

Up early on friday morning to do a daylight search ask in Yali etc but no luck, so we picked the jeep up from the harbour and came back to the apt.  D had to return the jeep by 9 so he told Alper what had happeded.....he was really great and took D to the Jandarma to report the loss inncase it was found.  I posted here and asked John at KTLN to post something there so that word was out.!

2 jarndarma bought D back here to collect the site manager Aytac to act as a translator, and off they went again.  Job done. 

T was leaving at 17:50 to get his flight home, so they went down to the gym one last time before we had late lunch at Ata okabasi and said our farewells.  Whilst they were out,mAytac came to the apartment to say there were 2 ladies here that had got Dave's wallet!

A very lovely german lady staying further along at Ada villas had found it on the floor just by Bob &Jaynes apartment just before midnight! We are so blessed. Obviously everything was intact.  we had told everyone at the complex what had happeded so i stood at the top of the pool shouting " they've found the wallet!!!!!"

When D got back from the gym he went aling to see them.  We are SO SO GRATEFUL to everyone that helped, especially people we don't even know offering us money to tide us over.  As Kalkan Regular said. "ONLY IN KALKAN!"

So, fed and watered, T left for the airport and we jumped in the pool!   One week left!
Post by: Kalkan regular on August 16, 2015, 02:09:22 PM
Just think Haybo, if you'd stuck to your original 2 week booking you'd be home now instead of having another week to enjoy!
Post by: Haybo on August 16, 2015, 04:17:01 PM
Yes, Kalkan Regular, i would be watching countryfile, thinking about work tomorrow, instead, it's beach club or pool.,

Chris s - only just spotted your question about glasses - i got ordinary distance glasses and chenged the lenses in the sunnies i got lat year.  I prefer different glasses for sunnies!
Post by: keith on August 16, 2015, 06:24:24 PM
Haybo......I really hope that you enjoy your last week  and really pleased that the wallet was returned. Would this have happened anywhere but Kalkan??
Post by: Haybo on August 17, 2015, 06:34:27 AM
So, after having sent T on his way,and having had "lunch" at about 17:00, we didn't really need dinner, but decided to wander into town for a mooch.

On thw way down we finally booked a table at Chillis! We have passed that place nearly every night for 3 weeks so we took his breath away by booking a table!   As we walked towards the taxi rank, there was a guy outside one of the bars all done up like a one man band......he decided it was a great idea to follow me singing i cant get no satisfaction! Nasty!

Dave took himself into Eddies barbers for a tiidy up whilst Matthew and I relaxed in Merkez doing some people watching.  Even tho we were reunited with the wallet, we did a bit of wallet shopping then ended up inmour new favourite haunt...cafe del mar for iced coffees.  The guy in there who's name escapes me is really lovely.  I had an iced coffee baileys and i strongly dispute whether there was any coffee init...just icecream and baileys...no complaints from me!

We then booked a table for the restaurant upstairs which wa the ivy but is now part of cafe del mar.  We have had a 2 week "joke" running with the greeter there because on one of our first days we were chatting and he asked my name.... A bit later on he called me Jenny which caused huge hilarity because that was the name od Daves first wife! Ever since then there was been huge cries of "hayleeeeeey" whenever we passed or visited the cafe!

We then got totally busted going for a taxi by Bob&Jayne and Lizilu&Automan who were eating in the Marina.  Quick chat with them, then home for us!

saturday was supposed to be a beach club, but M didn't fancy it so we stayed at the apt and joined the crazy crew for dinner at Kaya...lovely meal and Kadir was amazing with his magic.  Even if you study his hands and movements you cant see how he does it!   Mass magnum shop by all of us at Yali on the way home.

Sunday it was my turn to feel a bit off my game so Dave headed i to town to watch the Moto GP at Yali bar and M and I chilled out until we went down to see him at about 14:30 for the last race....town was quiet.  Bit of bag shopping in bsg...not buying just looking and then home for some pool time before dinner at Cafe Del Mar.  The roof terrace is lovely.  We had a lovely meal at a ressonable price, then went downe to Fener for ice cream.  They wer in a bit of a crisis as their dishwasher was broken so we got an icecream and a banana split dlivered 25 minutes before the 3rd dessert! We tried to cancel it but it came anyway and then insisted on not charging for it even tho we ate it! Another lovely day in Kalkan! 5 to go!
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 17, 2015, 05:14:26 PM
oh just catching up with your blog Haybo...what a nightmare losing a phone and a wallet :( It all ended well thankfully, but not before you've gone through the bother of cancelling cards - and of course now you are without them for the rest of your holiday. Bit weird that they were found in different places but can only assume he dropped the wallet when he took Bob and Jayne home..? Anyway, I think he needs a little man bag to stash his stuff in future...Nuri has some lovely Mulberry Messengers. Or perhaps he pops things in your bag, like my BH does...!
Enjoy your last 5 days...they're sure going to go at a pace.
Post by: BeyazGül Apt. on August 17, 2015, 08:21:29 PM
If you eat in Chillis the owner is the same family as DoyDoy owners(upper road above the harbour) you can get a 10% discount card off your next meal at DoyDoy.

Stuart.
Owners Direct property ref. 8161882
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 18, 2015, 06:15:48 AM
Just catching up too Haybo on EK, people watching at Merkez, you know I haven't even done that this year, and I love it down there, will definitely put that on my list of to do things! Sunset 3 soon, you never know we may even get to go Kapatas way, left instead of right, that's where they all were going yesterday, apparently the wind was in the right direction!
Post by: suzyq1 on August 18, 2015, 09:11:08 PM
Iced coffees with baileys and Feners ice cream….yummy ..you are talking my language Haybo  :) :)
Post by: keith on August 18, 2015, 09:41:21 PM
Haybo.......we experienced the same challenge last year. Every night we would walk past Chillies and he always gave us a friendly greeting......we eventually decided to eat there and his face was a picture!! I can't say that it was the best dining experience but the staff were very friendly. I can't wait to be back in Kalkan on Monday and looking forward to some serious rest and relaxation. It has been raining all day today and already feeling like autumn.
Post by: Haybo on August 19, 2015, 05:53:25 AM
Spent Monday chilling by the pool....again! Well its the same glorious sunshine whether you are gadding about in a jeep, sailing the Med, or lounging at a beach club!  It was quiet around the Emir pool as some of the families with younger kids went out. 

We pulled ourselves together in time to go to Chillis.  I must admit I was pleasantly surprised! I had stuffed sea bass and it was delicious....makes it into my top 3 meals Of this trip I think! M had swordfish as he has always wanted that and D had food envy cos our meals looked nicer than his!

We then ambled down into town and took D into the shop that sells Turkish leather products...Need? Having temporarily parted company with his wallet, we had discussed getting a new one, so the time seemed right.  He was very pleased with his new purchase! We bumped into automan and the girls outside who were looking for Lizilu.  Without hesitation I volunteered to Go into BSG to see if she was in there! Of course she was! I believe she left empty handed, where I n the other hand left with 2 longchamps (gifts) a mulberry phone case and a large mulberry bayswater! Oops!

Weighted down with purchases we struggled down to Cafe del Mar for iced coffees, then a quick pop into the supermarket on the harbour to get milk and finally found bottled Sprite! We needed to replace a bottle in our drinks box in the apt so that was a relief.

Big plans to go to Chillis for breakfast before our boat trip with the crazy crew on Tuesday but in a bizarre turn if events I didn't wake up until 8!

A day on Sunset 3 for us.....its a pretty big boat and had about 30 passengers...we had a good day,but I think I prefer a smaller group.  We almost got to go to Kaputas...we had definitely turned left out if the bay, but then the Captain decided it was too choppy.  Maybe next time!   The boys got to do some fishing from the back of the boat, but to no avail!

After saying Ore goodbyes, we then said our hellos as we all regrouped at the taxi rank! A couple OD sugared taxis up the hill and it was time to drop into the pool and chat with other groups that had been in boat trips...we had seen them at various stops!

Dinner was at Akin....very nice.  I had Priest Fainted which is an aubergine dish, M had seafood spaget ti and D has Akin Special which he said was wonderful.  We had a dodgy start though....we were sitting waiting for our dinner chatting and sipping drinks, when D suddenly heaved and was up over the railings spitting stuff out.  It seems a bug had landed in his drink and he hadn't seen it. It got in his mouth and he bit it! He was coughing and heaving and spitting out water but went of to the loos as it was a bit offputting for other diners!
I don't think there have been any ill effects thank goodness.  M was falling asleep at the table so we were back home by 22:30!

2 more full days and then going home day!

Fortunately we can retain our apt until we leave so that helps a lot....we can be in the pool until 15 minutes before we leave!

Suspect we will have a quiet day today then Kalkan beach park tommorrow.  Yelkin Bistro for tea tonight then Chateaubriand at Alternatif on our last night! Awesome
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 19, 2015, 08:55:36 AM
Poor D and the bug  :o I'd have been right there with him over that balcony! Just tell him it's a trial for your next holiday that your thinking of trying - in the outback  ??? ;D

Lovely day with you yesterday on the high seas.  :-*
Post by: macrefield mom on August 19, 2015, 09:35:17 AM
Haybo do you mind if I ask how much you paid for your Bayswater bag? My niece has asked me to get her one when I come out.
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 19, 2015, 10:02:29 AM
Hopefully the bug didn't drink too much of his beer before it got bit!! >:D
Post by: Mayday1 on August 19, 2015, 12:14:25 PM
Poor bug..........I hope he did drink lots of beer.....as it would help deaden the pain when it was bitten in to
Post by: keith on August 19, 2015, 07:17:19 PM
Now that's how to increase your protein intake. Bear Grylls .......eat your heart out!! D sounds as though he could easily tackle 'I'm a celebrity....get me out of here'.
Post by: Haybo on August 19, 2015, 08:51:59 PM
D is quite the tough guy...he had a heart attack whilst walking through Euston staion, but just kept going......24 hrs on he can't even discuss the bug eating without retching! He has not been well since so we have been to the pharmacy! Flying in 48 hrs!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 21, 2015, 08:24:30 AM
Haybo I do hope Dave is feeling better for your flight this evening, looking forward to seeing you later for brunch  :D
Post by: Haybo on August 23, 2015, 07:19:41 AM
Well, we are not sure what the bug was, or indeed whether it had anything to do with it at all, but in the middle if the night on Tues/wed, Dave "took poorly" ...is that right Lizzie?

He had terrible tummy cramps...you can guess the rest and was sooooo tired, so beach club was off the agenda for Wednesday.  We stayed around the pool enjoying the warm sunshine.  Dave rallied a bit around dinner time as we had a booking at Yelkin Bistro.  Our kind neighbour offered us a lift over there which was well received!

Dave decided it was "in for a penny, in for a pound" and that he would eat.  We all had the NumNum burgers and they were delicious.  For dessert I had the Meltdown which is vanilla and caramel icecream in a martini glass with an espresso, Tia maria and baileys poured over the top.....nice!

Dave started to look a bit rough again so we headed home via the pharmacy where they loaded him up with the necessary pills to sort him out!

Sadly Thursday still didn't get us to the beach club as staying nearer our own facilities was the preferred option, so it was sunbathing and general mucking about fir us.  I myself had a funny turn around lunchtime and just started to shiver and shake...i think it was a blood sugar thing.  We decided it would be a good idea to have lunch, so Dave went and got a small take out from Hunkar...donner meat, chicken shish and salad......they should prescribe that on the NHS in my opinion!

We spent a bit of time packing just so there wasn't that rush and panic on  Friday.

Excitement was high for dinner on Thursday night as Mustafa at Alternatif had invited us in for Chateaubriand.  We headed into town early so we could do some last minute shopping.  I bought a calendar in Ceme's shop and he signed a cookbook for us, then D went tomsee Eddie the barber whilst M and I got some Turkish delight and enjoyed a drink in Merkez.  It was very clammy in town!

Freshly barbered, we headed down to Alternatif for the treat of the trip.  Mustafa did not let us down.  The meat was FAB U LOUS.  They don't have this on the menu, but he wants to offer it.  We got caramelised onions, onion rings, salad, chips, rice and veggies, plus 3 sauces to go with.  I won't say how much he charged, but it was ridiculously low!   Go to Mustafa's fscebook page and you will see it!

From there we headed down to Cafe del Mar to say good by to Sarcat(?).  This became our fave hang out and he looked after us fabulously.  Taxi back to the ranch for us.  Just as we walked into the apt, i got a message from  the Gang saying ..we're in Black and Gold...but we were done in.

Dave was still not well so I arranged to meet the Gang in Chillis for brunch.  He decided to join us in the end but stuck to cay!  I agree with Lizzie completely on the standard of breakfast.  It was wonderful.  So sorry to hear that Mr Happy has been injured in an accident...we sere praying for a quick recovery.

From there we headed home to finish the packing and get in the pool to chat with our new friends.  We decided to hit Ata Okabasi for one final time for tea, getting back to the apartment at 6 for a 6:30 pick up and our driver was already there! Quick dash for us to change and pull ourselves together and leave.....big hugs and waves, facebook swaps etc and we were on our way home.....in 9 short hours, we would be tucked up in our beds.....or would we???????
Post by: Haybo on August 23, 2015, 08:26:21 AM
Sorry. Had to,pause to get another coffee and put the washer on!

Where were we, right , we left Emir at about 18:10 and waved frantically at the boats heading out of the harbour as the gang were on board Yildiz2 Egor their moonlight cruise...keep your eyes on your phone and wallet!

Reasonably uneventful trip to the airport, but when we drove up the ramp to departures at Dalaman, the queue to get into the terminal stretched outside and the full length of the building! I wandered off to join the back of the queue whilst the boys got the bags and tipped the driver.  They were ages but eventually m came and pulled me out of the line.  D had Left his cap in the car, so the driver had come back and directed D to a different queue that was really short.  When i got to it there was a bit of argy bargy going on about queue jumping, but it all seemed to sort itself out. 

Once in the terminal and through check In and d passport control, we decided to head straight to the gate rather than the food hall.  We were due to leave at 22:25 but we didn,t start to board until that time so we were already late!   The Capt said they were late in because the plane had been late getting to East Mids and it was the knock on effect.

We eventually pushed back fro. The stand at about 23:00.  The we stopped.  Same passengers had reported smelling fuel coming through the pitifully air con system so they needed to investigate.  Istarted to feel ill so needed the loo urgently! Th st sorted, we ended up sitting on the tarmac with virtually no aircon for 2.5 hrs.  Promises that the problem was fixed were untrue.  Eventually some parents with small children went up to ghee front to have it out will the Capt and he eventually agreed to get us off.  I guess that costs the airline money so they were happy to leave us to cook.

They took us off the plane at 01:00 and arranged a drink for everyone, then a sarnie and some crisps.  At 02:40 they cave us all a letter to say there was a delay! Never!   By his fume there were people asleep on the floor, benches etc.  some of the parents were still agitated and a coulee of the dads got past the security and went back down to the plane to have it out with the Capt.  Needless to say they found themselves excluded from the flight Sand their passports were confiscated.  That went well to improving the atmosphere!

At around 03:00 there was an announcement that the flight was cancelled and we were being taken to a hotel.  Then nothing more was said until we were given a letter that was very carefully and legally worded That seemed to say that if we Ches not to go to the hotel we were no longer Jet2.com responsibility and that we would be responsible for our own costs and flight home.  The plan was to bus us all to a hotel an hour away then return to airport at 10am.  All seemed a bit pointless, but what can you do in those circumstances?  A lady who was travelling alone decided we looked  like a safe bet and attached herself to us! 

A while later we were instructed To go and collect our baggage.  If we didn't it would be sent to lost property! So off we trooped only To find we had to go through the arrivals process again.  2 booths were opened ...we don't feel like we were being treated particularly well.  Bags located,outside to queue for buses to an unknown destination.  By now it was gone 0500.

The buses were well dodgy..with little to no aircon, but off we trundled.  3 buses went to Majesty tuana resort in Fethiye.....we got there at 06:20 and had to queue for room allocations.  Our room wasn't too bad compared to others we heard about, but we just wanted to sleep! Air con on, we got undressed and D had this angry red rash all over his left calf..it looked like cellulitis to me, so off the went to see the hotel doctor, coming back at 07:15 having had an anti biotic injection. 

We had to be back in reception for 10 to find our what was going on but super sleuth Bob had already texted us to say we were due to depart Dalaman at 16:00!

The news from Jet 2 was that we were scheduled to fly at 16:30 but the hotel wanted us put by 12.  They would pick us up at 13:00.  that left us about an hour and a half to get breakfast...it was a massive buffet service...we knew it had started at 07:00 so were very picky about what we had!
We left e hotel at 13:00...on the same shabby bus...it could barely make the hills towards Dalaman.
Thankfully the airport was quiet, but there was a near riot when they said you couldn't take though liquid duty free items you had bought the night before unless it was in hold luggage...then tried to charge for overweight bags!

They provided us with a sarnie lunch again and after a gate change last minute we were queueing AGAIN to board the flight.  But then we heard that the cabin crew were 't on board, then the Capt was no where to be seen.  We eventually boarded and left over an hour late as we missed our slot! Another hour plus sitting with limited  air con. 

Complimentary soft drinks served on board.  Finally back to UK for about 19:40 with just the 19 hr delay.  When we got off the plane the Jet2 Gounod staff had no idea what had happened as there had been no internal comms.  Their own website said we had landed T 00:20 that morning!

I suspect the Jet 2 customer service mailbox is filling up as we speak!
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 23, 2015, 09:22:31 AM
Oh haybo what a rotten end to your holiday. Glad you eventually made it home but what a nightmare you had.  :(  :-*
Post by: janeb on August 23, 2015, 09:49:47 AM
Poor you what a horrible end to your holiday. Take care. Thank you so much for the fab posts. Hope you all recover soon both from the illnesses and the nightmare of a journey home.
Post by: RosiB on August 23, 2015, 11:15:30 AM
What a disaster! Glad you're home safe now. Hope D is improving and that you don't still feel iffy. Loved sharing your holiday! Ros x
Post by: Lucy Lou on August 23, 2015, 12:09:35 PM
Haybo you have my deepest sympathy.  I had a 9hr delay some years back & got moved to Dalaman Hilton to wait it out just over the evening.  Flew at 1am instead of 4pm but we didn't even get to check our bags in just the hauling them about. 

Well assuming you were flight only booking (not sure how it applies on package deals) there is a small silver lining to that very big black cloud.  You can get 400 Euros each as compulsory compensation for the delay.  In fact the airline company is supposed to make you aware of these rights, I didn't get the impression from your tale that they did ?  Look at Martin Lewis website & apply yourselves whilst still have all the details fresh in your minds & any documentation 'proof'.  No need for lawyers to take a huge chunk  ;D

A bit of an over reaction to have passports confiscated for the cross Dads !  The problems I think are caused by appalling levels of communication to you, the paying customer.

Did you ever work out how you lost your wallet & phone as I thought you never even got out of the car on way home.  ???

Hope you all recover from poorliness & exhaustion quickly.

Lucy Lou  :-*
Post by: Kalkan regular on August 23, 2015, 12:15:10 PM
I've emailed you the KTLN guide to claiming compensation! You deserve it as they journey was horrendous. In those situations it's the lack of updated information that gets people really cross.
Post by: tortoise lady on August 23, 2015, 06:35:49 PM
Haybo, that sounds a most horrendous end to your holiday, especially feeling unwell.    You must have been so glad to be safely home and in your own beds.   I think I might avoid that airline - on the other hand when you look at some of the reviews of the different airlines it is surprising any of us fly at all.   On the other hand when "that view" comes into sight on arrival at Kalkan........

Hope you are all feeling better soon.   I hadn't heard of cellulitis but looked it up - just as well you recognised the symptoms.   
Post by: suzyq1 on August 23, 2015, 09:32:03 PM
Oh Haybo I really sympathise with you. It must have been awful for all concerned. Now that you are home safe I hope you can soon forget about the horrendous ending and concentrate on all those happy memories that you made during your holiday.

Thanks for sharing your holiday. 
Post by: alantj on August 24, 2015, 01:52:35 PM
Hi Haybo,

I wouldn't dismiss using one of the claims handling companies as you will need to be very determined to get your compensation out of Jet2. Like many airlines they have a track record of denying claims on all sorts of spurious grounds and dragging out the process for years.

I had similar problems trying to extract compensation from EasyJet for a cancellation that occurred 4 years ago, after several months of getting nowhere I handed over the claim to EUclaim. They progressed the claim for us and after almost 3 years of legal argument/court proceedings EasyJet finally paid up.

EUclaim took 30% of our compensation but this seemed a fair charge for the work they did (I imagine that if I had pressed on by myself I would eventually have given up and got nothing). 
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 24, 2015, 05:52:20 PM
Oh dear Lord, what an awful end to your holiday...shocking! Then busing you all the way to Fethiye - what was that all about? Dalaman is awash with hotels. Awful, awful, truly awful. Thank goodness you are all home, safe and sound -albeit after a nightmare delay. Hopefully it wont have spoiled your holiday - you seemed to have had rotten luck at varies points throughout your stay too.
Hope the cellulitis is improving - that's not pleasant :(
Post by: Babs on August 25, 2015, 08:48:06 AM
Nightmare......glad everyone's back safe and sound!
Post by: keith on August 26, 2015, 08:24:24 PM
We experienced an 8 hour delay two years ago and I can fully empathise with how it feels. We weren't given any information at Dalaman and had to contact our son in England to find out what was happening. Dalaman is not the best place to be hanging around in.
Post by: Haybo on August 27, 2015, 06:26:18 AM
Thanks everyone for reading this year and the words of encouragement when things went a bit  weong!

I am composing a short awards ceremony for the best and worst of the  holiday! Watch this space!
Post by: Haybo on August 28, 2015, 04:12:50 PM
And the award for BEST MEAL goes to

Stuffed Sea Bass at Chillies

Highly commended:-

Steak at Alternatif
Paremesan Chicken at Smryna
Bread &More Meatballs
Chicken Curry - bodamye Tepe

BEST ICED COFFEES

Cafe Del Mar

BEST ICE CREAM

romantica

BEST DESSERT

Meltdown at Yelkin Bistro

CHEEKIEST GREETER

cafe Del Mar terrace

BEST LOOKING TERRACE

La Terrazza

More to follow.....

Post by: Haybo on August 28, 2015, 06:31:04 PM
BEST BOAT TRIP

Yildiz 3

BEST TOILETS

Shell petrol,station near Fethiye

BEST DAY OUT

Road trip to Ephesus

BEST EXPERIENCE

Swimming with turtles at Kalkan Beach Club

Post by: Babs on August 28, 2015, 06:38:27 PM
This could be a new thread??
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal