Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: kel70 on June 21, 2015, 04:30:43 PM

Title: Sending large items to Kalkan
Post by: kel70 on June 21, 2015, 04:30:43 PM
Hi all, we have an apartment in Kalkan and was hoping to send over some artwork from the UK.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this who can suggest the best way to go about this?

Many thanks
Title: Re: Sending large items to Kalkan
Post by: MartynE on June 21, 2015, 09:15:11 PM
Hi kel70

Frankly, I'd suggest that it might be more trouble than it's worth.  Customs procedures in Turkey are difficult at best and a nightmare at worst.

Sorry to be negative but from our own experience of trying to get stuff moved here (and from knowledge of other people's experiences) you could find it an expensive and traumatic process.

If anyone else has a more positive slant, by all means prove me wrong!
Post by: DRBD on June 22, 2015, 07:05:59 AM
Have to agree with the above, what is your art work, if paintings are they too large to put in a suitcase, framed or unframed? 
Post by: Christina on June 22, 2015, 08:24:40 AM
As Martyn says, probably more trouble than it's worth trying to use a freight service. Why not take it with you next time you go? I've taken large canvases to Kalkan, well packed, and checked in with my suitcase at the airport. Pre-purchase extra baggage allowance online if you need to, and make sure your package complies with your airline's size restrictions.
Post by: Irene on June 22, 2015, 08:33:48 AM
We have also taken very large items, mirrors, canvas work & light fitments - all arrived safely with no damage.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal