Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: Tatilde on June 05, 2015, 11:14:48 AM

Title: Books
Post by: Tatilde on June 05, 2015, 11:14:48 AM
I'm reading the new Stephen King book, Finders Keepers. The definition of a good book for me is you don't want it to finish, but you want to know what happens!
Title: Re: Books
Post by: kalkan4eva on June 05, 2015, 11:47:41 AM
I have just packed 5 books....and want to buy Girl on a Train in the airport but may now add this too. Thanks Tatilde :)
Post by: Lizilu20 on June 05, 2015, 12:38:45 PM
I read girl on a train while in Mauritius recently  - it was really good! What other books are you taking?

Thanks Tatilde for the heads up on the new Steven King book. I'll look out for that. I keep downloading books on my kindle for holiday, but then I can't resist and end up reading them.   :)

Also read Elizabeth is missing and The last days of Rabbit Hayes. Both really good books and very emotional too.
Post by: Tatilde on June 05, 2015, 01:35:00 PM
Stephen King does have a habit of referring back to previous novels. In the case of Finders Keepers, it's Mr Mercedes. It helps if you've read it, but not entirely necessary.
Post by: Babs on June 05, 2015, 02:42:32 PM
Another vote for girl on the train!
Post by: RosiB on June 05, 2015, 04:34:04 PM
Loved Mr Mercedes and looking forward to Finder's Keepers! Very different style for Mr King!
Post by: Tatilde on June 05, 2015, 04:59:06 PM
I've just finished reading it. Very good, but what do I read now? You can't beat Stephen King!
Post by: Lizilu20 on June 05, 2015, 05:14:31 PM
I watched a Stephen King film recently on the plane and i really enjoyed it. It was called a good marriage. Don't think it was very highly rated but I liked it and it was typical Stephen King style.
I must admit I haven't read any Stephen King books in ages. I remember reading The Shining aged about 14 and it scared me witless but from there I got my taste for Stephen King and avidly read his books for a while.  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal