Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Living In Kalkan => Topic started by: aellis on October 16, 2014, 06:10:18 PM

Title: Suite recovering service
Post by: aellis on October 16, 2014, 06:10:18 PM
Hi
Has anyone had a suite recovered in Kalkan or did they have to go to Fethiye?
Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated as currently in Kalkan and hope to get this done at the end of the season.
A
Title: Re: Suite recovering service
Post by: Mayday1 on October 16, 2014, 10:55:47 PM
I would avoid Brava Cassa,on the Kas road...........like the plague. They are so unreliable and you will chase them forever....Up to you !!...but in my humble opinion......the worst company I have ever dealt with in the UK or Turkey !!

Trouble with Fethiye is that it is not close to Kalkan.............and if there are any problems.......it is not close enough to sort it out.

We bought sofas from Brava Cassa.......nightmare service
We bought beds from Elba Mobilya in Fethiye....nightmare service.

I am not sure where you can actually get upholstery re covered....one place I would suggest is Utku,in Akbel.They may well do.

Wherever you go,make sure you pay as small a deposit,as possible....( if any ) to give yourself the maximum bargaining position if anything goes wrong

Once you pay a big deposit to these companies...they have got you...and I am afraid they tend to dictate the pace..........I know this from experience unfortunately.

Post by: hobbo on October 16, 2014, 11:36:40 PM
Across the road at the D400 roundabout keep going for about 800-1000 meters then very sharp left, about 200 m on the right there is a material shop on the right (just passed the new kitchen and bathroom shop and opposite a motorcycle showroom) They have made covers for various chairs at reasonable prices.. worth a try! 
Post by: Mayday1 on October 17, 2014, 12:16:22 AM
Hi Hobbo..............Yes this is Utku ! The new bathroom/kitchen shop is run/owned by Suleyman Boran........who is the manager of Fenner Bar.

We have used Utku for blinds,curtains,various alterations,cushions,pillows,sheets etc so they may be a good call.
Post by: Irene on October 17, 2014, 08:06:53 AM
Another oter for Utku - totally reliable, good quality and reasonably priced.  I would avoid Osman on the Kalamar road - the complete opposite!
Post by: Irene on October 17, 2014, 08:12:22 AM
Sorry - should read 'vote' :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal