Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: kalkan4eva on October 15, 2014, 12:11:03 PM

Title: Thomas Cook - Winter Flights
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 15, 2014, 12:11:03 PM
There was an article on KTLN today saying Thomas Cook will be operating scheduled flights from UK to Dalaman this winter. Im not a fan of TC but it beats going via Antalya
Title: Re: Thomas Cook - Winter Flights
Post by: Cuddles on October 15, 2014, 04:03:48 PM
Don't get too keen to be squashed up with minimal hand baggage, website says no flights after 4 January or, before 10 February.
Post by: Chris_S on October 17, 2014, 10:44:50 AM
To say nothing of indifferent staff, lousy Customer Relations, and probably the worst timekeeping record of any charter company.

Don't try complaining, you'll just get treated like rubbish.

Gave up on them for exactly the above reasons.
Post by: samson on October 17, 2014, 12:24:06 PM
A recent report said Monarch were the worst for delays. Thomas Cook came out quite well. So a flight from Gatwick for £14.99 i think will be prepared to take a chance (that was a few weeks ago when they were first released)
Post by: alantj on October 17, 2014, 04:13:58 PM
I have only traveled on TC once, when Easyjet cancelled our flight home as we were standing in the check in queue at Dalaman. I was quite impressed by the service we got and the flight itself.

Re the service - I saw that a TC flight was boarding, it was oo late to book on the Internet so I rang the TC office in the UK and asked if there was any chance we could get on. In 5 minutes they had us all booked on and we got through check in just as it closed 10/10 for service.

Re the flight - 8/10 a new widebody jet seating was fine and took off/landed on time (NB Despite Easyjet telling us there were no spaces on flghts out of Dalaman that night and that we would have to wait 2 days to get home, there were at least 80 empty seats on the flight.  0/10 to Easyjet for cancelling the flight and telling lies to avoid them having to pay to get us home).

Post by: Babs on October 17, 2014, 04:16:06 PM
I'm now really hoping that easyjet cancel our flight home......we wouldn't be contacting anyone.....would happily wait two days!  ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 18, 2014, 03:34:31 PM
I'm not a fan of Thomas Cook, personally. The fact that they are flying to Dalaman weekly throughout November maybe of interest to someone. They also have a flight just before Christmas one in the new year then start again in February. Its certainly good news for those that like to visit out of season and usually travel from Antalya...even if you have had bad experience of them on the past, I would give them a go if I wanted to be in Kalkan during the Winter.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal