Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Buying A Property & Real Estate => Topic started by: Brosley on September 24, 2014, 08:57:02 AM

Title: Planning permission
Post by: Brosley on September 24, 2014, 08:57:02 AM
Now that planning permission seems easier to obtain can anyone tell me how to get it. Is an architect required?
Also is there a procedure to challenge proposed changes to properties that may affect your property? Are current plans available for public viewing? If they are how are they accessible, in Kalkan (or Kas now) or on the Internet.
Sorry but one last question, is there a set of building regs available that anyone is aware of or is it up to the local administration to decide?
Title: Re: Planning permission
Post by: Cosetta on September 24, 2014, 09:56:45 PM
As I know, a Turkish architect is required to submit the design to the municipality to obtain a building permit.  Challenging changes to another property, for example, someone adding a floor that blocks your view, is possible but rarely gets you anywhere except to lose money.  I know people who have tried and spent years in the process and on solicitors with no success.  But in theory, you can.

The Belediye has an overall master plan for the town, but it is not necessarily faithful to the reality.  But you cannot view the building plans for someone else's house.

There are building regs, especially as regards how tall a building can be and how far away from the next property.  All architects know these regulations but you can probably also find out from someone in the Belediye ... maybe.
Title: Re: Planning permission
Post by: Brosley on September 25, 2014, 09:25:43 AM
Thankyou very much Cosetta for the valuable information you kindly supplied.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal