Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: annav on September 11, 2014, 07:46:19 PM

Title: Date of close down this year
Post by: annav on September 11, 2014, 07:46:19 PM
Does anyone know when everything will be closing down this year ie when will the boats stop doing trips, restaurants and beach clubs closing?
I have guests going late this year, the first week in November and just wondered what will be available for them.
Thanks, Anna
Title: Re: Date of close down this year
Post by: hobbo on September 15, 2014, 08:47:21 PM
Last few years I have been in Kalkan at the very end of Oct into the first week of Nov. There is a big step change over that period,
Nov 4th 2013 (Nov 6th 2012) the boats were lifted out of the water, well worth watching (from a safe distance!). Most of the restaurants stay open until the last day of Oct, then over the 1st week of Nov more and more close each day. Kalamar beach club was shut before the last week of Oct last year, I don't know about the others. Apart from the planned lift of the boats (which depends on the availability of the crane) the dates of closure will depend largely on the number of visitors still around, which will depend on flights.
Post by: kevincat99 on September 16, 2014, 06:21:09 AM

and don't forget that the building season starts on the 15 th October [ I think -]  so could also be noisy depending on your location
Post by: annav on September 19, 2014, 05:57:38 PM
I thought the building wasnt supposed to start till 1st Nov? It seems to be getting longer and longer
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 22, 2014, 03:14:04 PM
It didnt finish when it was supposed to either..? Still noisy building work by us in June this year >:(
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal