Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: tortoise lady on August 30, 2014, 03:31:33 PM

Title: Kalkan magic
Post by: tortoise lady on August 30, 2014, 03:31:33 PM
Kalkan still has magic despite growing in size.

I would like to quote from a guest to our villa, just returned.   It came  before I had time to ask her if all went well.   She had e-mailed even before finishing unpacking to say how much she had enjoyed her holiday.  I should mention that she visited there 15 years ago and had not been since.  Also that a member of her group had a mobility problem.   I did so hope she would not be disappointed by her return to Kalkan - I had warned her it had grown somewhat.  I won't quote from the nice things she said about the villa itself - don't intend this as an advert for our place!

Quote: "Kalkan was as magical as I remembered - the people are so warm and friendly and extremely keen to help when we had awkward moments with the mobility scooter".   

Quote:  "We came home with memories of the best holiday ever".

Only a week before I go to Kalkan myself and certainly looking forward to it.

Happy holidays to any forum members who are shortly due to travel to Kalkan

Title: Re: Kalkan magic
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 30, 2014, 05:01:20 PM
What a lovely post tortoise lady, bet your so looking forward to your holiday even more now.  We were just saying this time last week, we had just boarded Pina X for the moonlight cruise.  Such a fab evening, one of the best evenings of our holiday.

Jayne

Post by: Haybo on September 02, 2014, 09:14:09 PM
What a lovely write up.....i am so looking forward to getting back to Kalkan! I just need a teeny weeny lottery win and i can go an half term!
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 03, 2014, 02:39:23 PM
Have a fabulous holiday tortoise lady. It's good to know that Kalkan still has that magic to others, that we with KCD syndrome can't seem to shake off.  :)
Post by: tortoise lady on September 03, 2014, 03:51:36 PM
I would enjoy writing about the magic of Kalkan whilst there - have so much enjoyed your blog Lizilu as well as that of Bob and Jayne, kept me going until I reached the packing stage!   However I will probably only have my Kindle and have really not grasped typing on it.   

Must now take out some of the clothes I have packed.   I know I won't wear them all.   I tend to get very laid back when under the influence of Kalkan magic and most of the time just wear very ancient and comfortable clothes, with the odd outfit a bit smarter for evening.  Whoever invented elasticated waists must have had the meals in Kalkan in mind.    I never weigh before or after the holidays........

Comfortable shoes are essential for me also.   Could be my age is showing but I will still feel the sprinkle of magic dust as we round the corner and look down over Kalkan bay.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 03, 2014, 05:22:15 PM
Just reading your post and I feel like I am back there again tortoise lady.  :D  Have a fab fab time.

J
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 03, 2014, 05:43:10 PM
Oh my goodness I don't blame you. My kindle fire has the worst predictive text ever as I have found to my grief! Don't worry about the reports while you are there but maybe you can give us a little taste of your holiday when you return if you get chance?
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms now!  :)
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 03, 2014, 06:03:07 PM
Have a fabulous trip TL and thanks for posting that lovely write-up from your guests. How lovely that they still felt the pull of the place and its what we always say about why we keep coming back...the people!!
If you can't get your head round the kindle whislt you're away let us know how you get on when you get home...oh and stay away from the scales. Forever! Its truly liberating :laugh:
Post by: Chris_S on September 04, 2014, 10:13:36 AM
Lizilu

You've probably already done it, but Android machines have the ability to calibrate the text entry, and thus reduce predictive text guesses by reducing mistyping.  Don't ask me how it's done on a Fire, but it may be worth looking into.

Incidentally, it's recognised in a lot of the IT world that the iPad is possibly the worst, though an Apple fan will never, ever admit it!
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 04, 2014, 12:55:59 PM
I much prefer my iPad chris_s. I'm on the Kindle now and having to be very careful to check the highlighted text or this message would read very differently. It's a completely different way of predictive text than the Apple devices and actually better, but you have to get your head around it or else it becomes very frustrating (just had to correct frustrating as it so wanted to print crusty!) I guess it's what you are used to and use the most that will set your pregnancy, see what I mean - preference!!!!!
Title: Joycies adventures in Wonderland
Post by: joycie on September 05, 2014, 06:51:07 AM
Yesterday was market day. It was hot and although I know the market at this time of year is directed at the tourists I've just got to go and look. With my bag in the window at BSG in mind I thought I'd go and see if I could match it. Got a lovely bag for my granddaughter who seems to a acquire all my handbags and then making them as tatty as possible. Try not to state the obvious but us Grandmas do have a little difficulty in this department. She's 20 but still Nannies little girl so a bag was purchased. No bag for me. Got out as soon as we could and decided to have a coffee at Cafe Ev. Just watching the world go by somebody pulling a suitcase that the'yd bought. When I pointed this out Brian was very quick to remind me that I bought another suitcase in Sidney and then proceeded to pull it round the Opera house. So I shut up before other misdemeanours came to the surface.
A coffee son became an Efes seemed rude not to and then as if by magic our bestest friends of 30 years trundled over the hill and after hugs and kisses we had another Efes and then trundled down the hill to get some shampoo. We met Mor and Dave on holiday camping with e kids in Dorset and we've remained firm friends ever since. We've been round the world with them including India and Africa but we've never found anywhere like Kalkan which Dave found in the Tapestry brochure and always return every year sometimes twice a year and now for three weeks at a time.
Anyway I digress. Decided to spend the afternoon by the pool. It's a lovely big pool and my water hammock which is always in my case was taken out and used lovingly by all and sundry.
After showering we decided to eat first and then go to Kleos for a drink afterwards. Weathe at Han right on the roundabout by the taxi rank. Big mistake not the eating but watching all the cars and bikes and taxis negotiating that island. Very difficult to eat with your hands over your eyes.
I must say Han was the first place where we've had a language problem. Normally the lads everywhere speak much better English than we do Turkish and a little mime and pointing normally gets us through. But last night my miming went awry. The meal although different to what we thought we ordered nevertheless was lovely. It was sea bass followed by cremecsramel two glasses of red wine an Efes 111 l.we had a complimentary Turkish coffee and an apple tea and wove our way through the town.
Kleos is lovely at night there's such a vibrancy down by the far our and after getting over the shock of our favourite waiter having his lovely long curly hair cut we enjoyed a brandy and lemonade and an Efes.
Tired we decided together a taxi back and lo and behold the first taxi driver we met was the one who picked me up from Adems last year and took me to Fethiye where Brian was rushed to hospital. I think he was surprised to see Brian still alive but I told him that I'd probably kill him first.
Anyway we returned safely mauled over our day and slept peacefully until the call for prayer this morning. Another per vector day.
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 05, 2014, 08:39:50 AM
Oh Joycie, you are a tease, these holiday reports are keeping us on our toes, popping up in the most unlikely places  ;D 8) ;D

Sounds like you had a fab day. I'm like you that I have to visit the market even though I know it's always the same old scene. I couldn't go home without my spices and DVD's!

The bit about the taxi driver being shocked to find Bri alive made me chuckle in a black comedy way! I could just picture his face when he saw you both!

Please keep writing these reports, wherever and whenever you can as I'm loving them  :)
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 05, 2014, 03:11:32 PM
Oh yes I second that Lizzie, please keep posting Joycie, fab fab reports, and thank you.  :D

J
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal