Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: Haybo on August 01, 2014, 06:01:41 AM

Title: Haybo's holiday - days 5 & 6
Post by: Haybo on August 01, 2014, 06:01:41 AM
Hi all - this relaxing business makes it difficult to actually do anything!

I forgot to mention on Day 4 that whilst at Cafe Leon, I asked Lev to come into the hairdressers next door with me to help me get some advice as my hair has gone a bit green due to the chlorine levels in the pool.  It has happened to other blondes ( natural and assisted!) at the apartments too. Firstly they wanted to cut the green out....not a great plan as I would end up going home bald....or re dye it.....not much point in that either.  I had hoped they would recommend a shampoo, but to no avail.  Back at Cafe Leon, the lady (debbie ?) googled the problem, so hubby was dispatched to Yali to by come bicarbonate of soda which I have been adding to my shampoo .  It has worked a bit.  Great holiday look!

So, day 5....generally a lazy day by the pool, hubby went to the gym, son and I did a bit of shopping - I am struggling to find hair accessories- got some eye drops for my very sore left eye and took it easy.  My eye made it difficult to go out in the sunshine at all, so either on the balcony or in the shade.

We headed into town for dinner at the small house starting with drinks at Baharat. I had booked ages ago so we had the balcony.  We have found ourselves eating or turning up in the same place as a german family all through the holiday, and guess what, they were in the small house!

For dinner we had mixed Mezze, chicken schnitzel , mixed seafood casserole and chicken livers, followed by ice cream, washed down with 2 efes, 2 bottles of water and 4 soft drinks - total of 145tl.  Exceptional value!  The lady over cooked the chicken livers and refused to serve them to hubby so he had to wait a bit, jan was beside himself with worry that he had upset us! We stayed for a chat afterwards.  What a hard working, gracious couple.  Hubby dropped his glasses into the optician ready for the new lenses to be fitted, we numbed into the german family a couple more times and headed home!

Day 6 - we decided to leave the market til later and headed off to kalkan beach club early - I think we were first there.  We did the usual then headed back into town around 2:30, had a freshen up ready to face the market.  It was very hot, but not too crowded at 4:00.  Hubby and son are now wandering about in matching beats by Dr dre headphones.  Does anyone know where I can get a box of paper clips? They can't hear a word I say to them, so need a way to get their attention!
Oh, on the way back in from beach club, we passed yildiz 3 in the harbour..we had a chat to see why they weren't out and they said their booking hadn't turned up.  How awful. I hope the people are ok, but equally, I hope they had paid Capt Adem.  I would have loved another day out on their fab boat.

Dinner was in Kosk.  Complementary starters, water, a moji to, 4 soft drinks, mixed grill, chicken Mediterranean, sea bass, cheesecake, baclava and pancakes - 190 tl.  A lovely meal.  No great views, but a lovely open terrace.  Give it a try!

We then went and booked a buggy trip for the boys  next week and a trip to Meis for us all on Sunday.  We then went into the shoe/bag shop under Doy Doy and the boys bought me my birthday present...a gorgeous LV copy that I had been admiring. I do wish they just sold nice bags here that didn't have designer badges on them.

Off on yildiz 2 evening trip tonight....hoping for clear skies.  Laters people!
Title: Re: Haybo's holiday - days 5 & 6
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 01, 2014, 09:32:09 AM
Hi Haybo,

I thin I have a soultion to your green hair - try tomato ketchup on it. It's supposed to neutralise the green. I'm sure any brand will do eg TAT and you can always use it on your chips as well! I'd try a small section first though! I think you're supposed to use it after shampooing and then wash it off. It worked for a friend of mine anyway.

Poor you, green hair, gammy eye and being totally ignored by your loved ones  :o  ;D
At least youre in Kalkan though if that's any consolation.

Have you tried simply chic on the Kalamar road for bags? I bought one last year there that wasn't designer (well if it was I didn't recognise the make) and it is a beautiful soft and summery cream leather shopper type and cost around £50.00 if I remenber rightly, so not much difference in price from say, River Island and it's real leather too.

Fancy the booking not turning up for the Yildiz 3  ::) The small house sounds lovely - somewhere we've not been yet but will try at some point. Maybe when the mad rush has calmed down a bit as I believe it's still fairly impossible to get a table without pre-booking well in advance.

Enjoy your sunset cruise and I'll look forward to reading all about it.  8)
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 01, 2014, 09:42:19 AM
Blonde Green and red?? :o ..it will look like the Italian flag!!  :P
thanks for taking time to report ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 01, 2014, 10:23:28 AM
I would also recommend the tomato ketchup thing for green hair - its been recommended so many times in women's magazines it has to have some effect....you'd think? Google it and see what the instructions are for how you use it - other than on chips as Lizilu says :)
I hope there's not some terrible reason the booking for Yildiz 3 didn't show. When you book them online they dont take payment, but I always pop down and see them shortly after we arrive and pay a deposit. Given how busy it is this time of year, they would have had that boat sold in no time with a bit of notice.
Yali have some hair accessories, but they are not brilliant or try V&B? I tend to bring mine with me.
Thanks for taking time to post, really enjoying your hols with you  ;D
Post by: itstime on August 01, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
Can also recommend the tomato ketchup. It happened to me several years ago and I applied ketchup, sat around for a bit then washed it off. Worked a treat but is rather messy ::)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal