Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Tomcat on June 26, 2014, 08:34:35 AM

Title: Transfer of existing evisa to new passport?
Post by: Tomcat on June 26, 2014, 08:34:35 AM
I have an existing evisa that was obtained in May and it will still be valid when we return to Kalkan again this October.  However I have just had to apply for a new passport as, by October, my existing one will be close to expiring and will not be valid.   My question is can I use the evisa with my new passport?

Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Transfer of existing evisa to new passport?
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 26, 2014, 09:19:47 AM
We did this a few years ago when it was the stamp vis. We took both passports and he just pit the date stamp in the new passport. Don't know if that will still work with the on line visa as you put your passport number in the application I think.
Title: Re: Transfer of existing evisa to new passport?
Post by: kalkan4eva on June 26, 2014, 10:03:46 AM
I don't think the evisa is transferable to a new passport. The printout isn't required at passport control, it's automated to the passport so unless that new passport number has an evisa assigned to it, you will be required to get one on arrival. That's my understanding, but why don't you contact the website directly of its not covered under their FAQ's?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal