Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: clara 50 on June 04, 2014, 01:05:11 PM

Title: Cafe Ev
Post by: clara 50 on June 04, 2014, 01:05:11 PM
Ì seem to remember that the lovely owner of Cafe Ev (fraid can't spell his name ) had moved away last year. Has it reopened, maybe by his  brother? Hope it has, one of our fave watering holes and only a hop, skip and a jump from our villa. Or in our case a slow crawl   :o
Title: Re: Cafe Ev
Post by: brian j p on June 04, 2014, 01:14:55 PM
It was open when we visited early may,  but much smaller layout  and has moved a little more around the corner , not sure who is running it though

Post by: baclava on June 04, 2014, 01:28:14 PM
It was open last week, but have not been past since.
The front area where the low seats were has been eaten away by the new road layout.
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 04, 2014, 01:32:49 PM
Such a shame one of our favourites especially after the market.....usually a hover around in Migros by the chiller cabinets before flopping out for cold drinkies in EV  ;)
Post by: Christina on June 04, 2014, 01:43:12 PM
I had a simple but wonderful lunch there one hot day in early May. I had a warm cheese and tuna pitta with salad and freshly cooked home-made chips. I was interested in the 'Magic Mushrooms' on the menu so they gave me a small portion on the side. I stayed all afternoon on the cushions outside enjoying their chilled rosé, and watching the perilous goings-on on the new dual carriageway. Life is so much easier when you can take pleasure from such small things.
Post by: clara 50 on June 04, 2014, 02:33:24 PM
Oh Christina ! That's my idea of heaven. Will definitely try that delicious meal and your relaxation technique when we're there at the start of september. Roll on  8)
Post by: DRBD on June 05, 2014, 07:31:06 AM
As already stated Cafe Ev up &  running, have been several times & must say think things have improved no end since the end of  last season.  Good atmosphere & food.
Post by: clara 50 on June 05, 2014, 10:18:13 AM
Excellent DRDB, always a relaxing atmosphere and makes a change from the busier bars further down, especially if you've had a hectic day and don't fancy going further afield or booking a taxi back up. Great for us to pop in for a last nighcap or two as it's five minutes stroll away. Will be even more handy this year, as I'm recovering from a pelvic fracture. Hopefully by then I will be fitter again but it's good to know there's somewhere we enjoy not too far away to walk, if it's a bit of a struggle still. Mind you I normally find the trek up from the harbour a challenge, so it won't be that much difference. Thank goodness for the taxi's.  ;D
Post by: Chris S on June 06, 2014, 10:54:54 PM
I agree with previous posters.
Cafe Ev is alive and well.
Had a delicious meal this week - their seafood special was excellent and the atmosphere was very relaxed - highly recommended
Post by: Joeyloveskalkan on June 07, 2014, 03:31:27 PM
What a shame we missed going there this year, they were just getting ready when we were in Kalkan early May.  We have had some lovely evenings there in the past.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal