Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Enjoy Kalkan on March 08, 2008, 11:25:51 AM

Title: Not long now until holidays.... but what do you look forward to most?
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on March 08, 2008, 11:25:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

Well the holiday season is definitely on its way, and for those of us that haven''t been lucky enough to be in Kalkan yet this year there is a real sense of excitement and anticipation.... so, I thought I would start a new thread.......

Describe what you are most looking forward to.... in 5 words!

For starters, mine is...........

"The stunning view and sunshine"
Title: Re: Not long now until holidays.... but what do you look forward to most?
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 08, 2008, 12:23:49 PM
Sun ,Scenery,Friends,Food, Beer  ;)
Title: Re: Not long now until holidays.... but what do you look forward to most?
Post by: yelkenite on March 08, 2008, 01:44:48 PM
Friends, Efes, stressless, ''Kalkan''    Bill
Post by: Chucky on March 08, 2008, 02:28:23 PM
"Friends, Efes, stressless, ''''''''''''''''Kalkan''''''''''''''''    Bill "????

"Bill" - You look forward to a Bill? Well, I can always make your day by sending you mine!!!LOL >:D
Nice one Bill
Mine :-
Seeing our name on the card the Transfer driver holds up at Dalaman
Turning the corner and seeing the view of Kalkan spread out below us
Entering our apartment and getting that "Oooh, it''''s good to be "home" feeling
That first walk down to the Marina seeing familiar faces and sights and noticing the changes
The first gin and tonic and feeling sooooo relaxed
Bliss
Joan :laugh:
Post by: holidayfever on March 08, 2008, 03:35:48 PM
joan you cheated that wasnt 5 words.
inner peace you get,bliss
Post by: felicity on March 08, 2008, 04:00:07 PM
Sun ,Scenery,Friends,Food, Beer  ;)
Blue Lizard sums up my feelings in 5 words too..but if I can have a a few more words than that - coming over the mountain from Akbel and seeing that stunning view and walking into my home and thinking ''Home again!'' - I just love it!
Post by: Chucky on March 08, 2008, 04:29:51 PM
Oooops, yep I cheated!!! >:D ;D
Am I bothered..........
Just cannot wait to get back ;)
Post by: felicity on March 08, 2008, 04:36:06 PM
No Joan - you say it far TOO nicely...you need to say..
AM I BOVVERED....???  >:D >:D
Post by: sally on March 08, 2008, 04:46:21 PM
Diving into warm blue sea.
Post by: Em1 on March 08, 2008, 06:46:24 PM
Efes, Efes, Efes, Efes, Efes...and that is just for lunch!
Em
Post by: itstime on March 08, 2008, 06:58:41 PM
Sheer bliss and complete joy  :)
Post by: Buster on March 08, 2008, 09:06:01 PM
Knowing I  won''t be leaving. ;D

Have a great Holiday whenever it starts:   Buster.
Post by: felicity on March 08, 2008, 09:21:13 PM
Buster - that''s not fair...putting a dampner on all of us who sadly have to go home... and rubbing salt in that already very sore wound...  :( :(

But truthfully - I hope you are having fun and hoping to meet you soon!
Post by: Buster on March 09, 2008, 05:27:39 PM
Hi Felicity

After reading your post I felt so guilty, as I worked in the Garden with my shorts, T-Shirt and floppy hat on  8). With the sunshine in the background, making the sea shimmer on Kalamar Bay.

I felt even worse for writing that last post as I sat by the harbour having sunday lunch in the fantastic afternoon sunshine, with the bonus of the temp on the shaded wall at 79F, I can now have a drink >:D

I really felt bad for gloating; honest:   Buster

Post by: Blue Lizard on March 09, 2008, 05:39:43 PM
watch out for wasps!! >:D
Post by: felicity on March 09, 2008, 06:04:10 PM
Grrrhhh...wasps trained on men in shorts and floppy hats.... >:D >:D
Post by: Buster on March 09, 2008, 06:24:42 PM
Hi Felicity

Changing the subject quickly before I get into anymore trouble. ;D

Not Wasps:

But the man with the van has been around recently spraying the swimming pool and septic tank to prevent mossies, so hopefully those little blighters might not be quite so numerous this year.

Buster.

Post by: Chucky on March 09, 2008, 06:43:56 PM
Hi Buster it is encouraging to know that you are not just idling your retirement away but are doing some work. I hope to call and see you and sample some of your Lemon Gin. So, where are you and Lynn going to go on your holidays, now that Kalkan is your home?
Joan
Post by: Buster on March 09, 2008, 10:10:52 PM
Hi Joan H

We are staying in Kalkan this year to see the various seasons for ourselves and generally settle in to this retirement lark.

We then intended next year to do some travelling abroad, but I have just been reading: The Lycian Way by Kate Clow who with the help of others set up a 500 km walk using the ancient footpaths and mule roads that linked the villages of the Turquoise Coast starting near Olu Denize -Fethiye and finishing in Antalya.

The Sunday times has listed it as one of the ten best walks in the world.

The book is quite slim but it is beautifully written and a fascinating read, it has really fired my imagination.

I don''''t think we will be doing the whole 500 km in one go,  ;D but next year during the cooler months I think you just might find us on one of the many stages of the walk listed in her book. 

Another batch of Limoncello is just about to be bottled, I will save a glass for you Joan.

PS: To make really good Limoncello you need to use pure Grappa or Vodka spirit (100% Alcohol) so I don''''t think Gin would work very well.

Best Regards:  Buster

Post by: Buster on March 09, 2008, 10:21:26 PM
Sorry my last post should read: Kate Clow not Clove.

Regards: Buster

Post by: Em1 on March 09, 2008, 10:48:20 PM
Hi
I have just been reading that book too, and am hoping to do a section at Easter...if the Efes stops flowing!
Em
Post by: morgan on March 10, 2008, 10:11:45 AM
Hi Buster,
Just a friendly bit of advice regarding the Lycian Way.last easter I walked the section from Patara to Kalkan with a friend.The first section of the walk was lovely,climbing slowly through forests.However ,the second half of the walk was really difficult.After the aqueduct,we took the coastal edge path,which takes you over very sharp rocks and is not clearly marked!It was a hard slog,and we were pleased to reach Kalamar without any damaged ankles!The efes in town went down really well,as you can imagine!
From the aqueduct,you can take a different route,which veers away from the coast,which I think would be preferable.We are coming out to Kalkan in 2 weeks time with the same friends,so we may try that route this time.If you want to join us,you''re welcome.
All the best.
Post by: jofoss on March 10, 2008, 12:01:56 PM
In 5 words a bit difficult but I look forward to having a;

CONSTANT SMILE ON MY FACE.

That''s what Kalkan''s magic does for me.

Jo

Post by: kalkan4eva on March 10, 2008, 12:57:28 PM
turquiose, sunshine, hills, alcohol & food.....not neccessarily in that order  8)

five words is a bit tough to describe paradise... ;)
Post by: msr on March 10, 2008, 04:04:47 PM
You don''t really need five words- one word says it all- Kalkan!
Post by: yelkenite on March 10, 2008, 07:20:17 PM
well Buster, I got grappa in my drinks cabinet with a Chardonnay base.  It''s very nice except it turns my lips blue! I''ll bring it over next time if Ros will let me.  Maybe we can collaborate? hahaha

thanks
Bill
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 10, 2008, 07:22:31 PM
nothing wrong with blue!! ;D ;)
Post by: lolly on March 12, 2008, 04:36:06 PM
Hi everyone, only 7 days till i''m off to Kalkan for easter......5 words  friends,paradise, views, sunshine, relaxing.
                                   regards Lolly
Post by: Buster on March 12, 2008, 05:36:49 PM
well Buster, I got grappa in my drinks cabinet with a Chardonnay base.  It''s very nice except it turns my lips blue! I''ll bring it over next time if Ros will let me.  Maybe we can collaborate? hahaha

thanks
Bill

Hi Yelkenites

Chardonnay Grappa is far too good to mess about with stick it in the freezer for twenty minutes along with two shot glasses and then drink it in the chilled glasses with a Turkish Coffee and it will turn more than your lips Blue. >:D

Have a great holiday when it starts:  Cheers Buster

Post by: Chucky on March 12, 2008, 06:17:07 PM
For those of you wondering what Buster''s Limocello is, go to the Turkish Cooking section and the recipe is under "Take 20 Lemons.."
Cheers, hic >:D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal