Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Living In Kalkan => Topic started by: soprano on May 19, 2014, 09:31:29 AM

Title: Building
Post by: soprano on May 19, 2014, 09:31:29 AM
I couldn't wait for the 15th May.  All that noisy building work and dust and rubbish would stop.  How naive was I?  4 days later and, although the heavy stuff has stopped, there is still drilling, banging, and general noise and the roads are still full of lorries, tractors and building materials and rubbish.  I tried the jandarma - they didn't want to know.  Who are the builders accountable to?  They certainly don't care about residents and the tourist trade.  It seems they are just motivated by their own greed.

I put up with it all winter, even their working illegally out of hours without a complaint.  However, I am extremely disappointed and my disillusionment with Kalkan deapens.
Title: Re: Building
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 19, 2014, 01:39:55 PM
Is there anyway you could contact the Ministry of Tourism..? It is their directive that building work must stop on 15th May.
The correct route is the Jendarme but if they aren't following the correct procedures I'm not sure what other options are open to you?
Title: Re: Building
Post by: happy days on May 19, 2014, 02:09:22 PM
I mentioned in a previous post that the building work had been extended by a further 10 days. I was told this was not possible. Just walk around Kalkan, especially in Ortaalan and there us still plenty activity. Truth is in Kalkan - developers are king!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal