Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: Christina on April 17, 2014, 05:46:29 AM

Title: Fire safety equipment
Post by: Christina on April 17, 2014, 05:46:29 AM
One of the agents advertising my property has asked me to sign a contract to confirm that the facilities meet certain standards. One of the requirements is that I have fire safety equipment in the kitchen. From this I take it they mean a fire blanket and small extinguisher. Does anyone else have such equipment, or can anyone advise where I might source something suitable from? Thanks all.
Title: Re: Fire safety equipment
Post by: satovod on April 24, 2014, 06:35:15 PM
you can find it  in homeware store (next to greengrocery and opposite turkcell office)
Post by: Christina on April 25, 2014, 04:48:01 AM
That's so helpful - thanks satovod. I will go later today.
Post by: lynda on April 25, 2014, 08:38:43 AM
Hi Christina
I've looked in that shop and I'm afraid they don't stock fire extinguishers and said that there were none in Kalkan. They suggested Fethiye. I did get excited (sad I know) when I saw two in the shop next to Kalkan Electrik on the road out of town but unfortunately they belonged to the shop!
We'll probably have another trip to Kas next week so will try there. In the meantime if you find one I'd be grateful of you could let me know.
Post by: hobbo on April 25, 2014, 10:09:31 AM
We have a fire blanket purchased in the UK. A fire blanket is preferred to an extinguisher for things like a pan fire where incorrect use of an extinguisher can make the problem worse.   
Post by: tortoise lady on April 25, 2014, 10:22:59 AM
We asked our local agents to purchase a fire blanket and fire extinguishers for us.   They now have the extinguishers  checked annually as part of the maintenance of the villa.   They can be "topped up" when necessary to have them in proper working condition.

I am sure almost all properties will have smoke alarms but if you are a new owner now is the time to install them at the beginning of the season.   We took ours out from England so don't know where in Kalkan stocks them.   Ours in England came in very usefully last week when my enjoyment of a pre-dinner drink meant I rather forgot the a small pan of potatoes boiling merrily away .......................   The pan looks a bit sorry for itself  and the potatoes had to be thrown out but at least the wail of the smoke alarm prevented anything worse happening.
Post by: lynda on April 25, 2014, 10:36:21 AM
Thanks for that Hobbo. Good idea, we'll bring a fire blanket out with us next time.
Obviously have smoke alarms but hadn't really thought about fire blankets etc in the 10 years since we've had the property.
Christina.... Hope you get sorted.
Post by: satovod on April 25, 2014, 11:15:43 AM
http://www.hepsiburada.com/liste/search.aspx?sText=yang%C4%B1n+s%C3%B6nd%C3%BCr%C3%BCc%C3%BC

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal