Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Anne on March 28, 2014, 05:57:36 PM

Title: E Visa
Post by: Anne on March 28, 2014, 05:57:36 PM
I see the cost of a visa on arrival is to be increased to £20 per person to persuade visitors to buy an e visa.  Does anyone know when the increased charge is coming in?  I assume it is from 11 April and as we are arriving on 1 April I had thought we would just buy a £10 visa on arrival.  If the £20 charge is already happening then I'll buy an evisa before we fly.  Anyone know?

Thanks
Title: Re: E Visa
Post by: Mayday1 on March 28, 2014, 07:40:41 PM
Hi Anne,

You should be ok to get a normal "sticker" visa for £ 10 from the airport,up to 10 April, when the new rules come in to force
Post by: Kalkan regular on March 28, 2014, 08:48:22 PM
The on line visa is $20 not £20. The visa I bought a few days ago has shown up on my account as £12.02, slightly more than the £10 you paid on entry.
Post by: Mayday1 on March 28, 2014, 08:59:19 PM
Hi Anne,
You are right about the cost being £ 20...........This relates to the cost of a visa,by purchasing your visa at the airport.......after 10th April

Yes,if you get a visa on line the cost is 20 us dollars or about £ 12.00

You can still obtain your "sticker" visa for £ 10 prior to 10th April at the airport

They have made the visa charge £ 20.00 to discourage people from buying it this way........but I stress this is only after 10th April...........They really want people to purchase the visa on line and are charging people more for those who don't.
Post by: Anne on March 28, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
Many thanks for confirming the new charges come in from April 10th, after we arrive on April 1st so I can still get the £10 visa on arrival.  I did buy an evisa last autumn for $20 and it was about £12 after the conversion . 
Post by: Lynne T on April 20, 2014, 08:27:51 AM
I applied for our e-visa last night on my iPad . Go to www.evisa.gov.tr , on this site it is $20 but some were as much as $73 and you don't find out until the end ! Put the dates in with dots in between eg 18.4.2014 otherwise it just keeps throwing it back . On the iPad putting the card details in was harder than the computer , after each 5 numbers it made its own space and lost a number and put this curser before the last number , so by moving the curser after the number it works  ;) and do each visa one at a time .
After completing mine I wizzed through my husband's thinking I know it all ,never read it properly before sending it in and his birthday was down as 1/2 mine 1/2 his . So $20 wasted   >:(
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 20, 2014, 02:25:27 PM
Does the E Visa run from the day you buy it or the date of your planned arrival in Turkey?
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 20, 2014, 03:38:51 PM
It runs from the date of your arrival :)   You are better off doing it on your main computer if you can ....it seems to run smoother and you have to print it out as well(make sure you copy a spare of each in case you lose it or damage it)
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 20, 2014, 05:02:21 PM
Thanks BL, good advice on the copies. Just waiting for my new passport to arrive so we can get ours.
Post by: Chris_S on April 21, 2014, 09:51:35 AM
Note to all members - remember that, although iPads are terribly fashionable, they really only command a small portion of the market; also, Apple implementation of Internet standards is terribly parochial - they believe that if they want to do thing a certain way, then the world will have to follow.

Most of the Internet is constructed for Windows and Internet Explorer, being 85-90% of the worldwide user base.  Hence some  sites just do not work well with Apple-based devices.

And as for predictive text on iPads, well... >:D
Post by: Pompeyalbie on April 21, 2014, 05:17:59 PM
Our visa's now applied for and sent to work for printing off, couldn't be simpler and a lot quicker than queuing at the airport with a tenner in you hand. Thanks for the tip re using a computer as opposed to the Ipad. 180 days covers us to the end of October just incase we come back for yet another visit.
Post by: BlackSnake on May 01, 2014, 05:05:42 PM
Just gone on to apply for my e-visa. Price is now £29.99!!!!! :o ::)
Post by: hobbo on May 01, 2014, 05:20:47 PM
BlackSnake.. were you on the correct site https://www.evisa.gov.tr (https://www.evisa.gov.tr) there are other sites that may come higher in google searches that will charge more!! I have just checked the official site and it's still $20 for a UK passport holder.

Post by: Blue Lizard on May 01, 2014, 06:24:17 PM
hobbo is right..the price is still $20 as he says.......don't get ripped off!! :o
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal