Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: peter on February 10, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

Title: E visa Problems
Post by: peter on February 10, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
Hi Has anyone tried to get their e visa yet?
When enter all the information  I receive an email asking for credit card details but when I try to enter the card number it does not accept the full 16 digit number but misses out every third number. It is impossible to contact them by the Contact us Button as it comes up with error message
Does the system really work? Is it a shambles? Or is it me being thick?
Title: Re: E visa Problems
Post by: Babs on February 10, 2014, 05:35:38 PM
I used the evisa system last October and it worked fine.....just a thought but are you leaving spaces between the groups of numbers....if so link them altogether with no spaces
Post by: peter on February 10, 2014, 06:34:02 PM
Thanks Babs Tried that still doesn't work !!
Post by: peter on February 15, 2014, 02:30:33 PM
Hi Babs Again
Re Visa problem Success !! Seems that there is a glitch if you try to do the visa by Ipad Eventually done by laptop - no probs Thanks again
Post by: Babs on February 15, 2014, 03:16:37 PM
That sounds familiar.....forms etc often cause problems on an iPad......glad you got it sorted
Post by: Mayday1 on February 15, 2014, 04:24:43 PM
I think you need to use " windows enabled " compatable software  to do e visa applications.The  I pad is not compatible and I don't think it uses windows and so you will struggle with the e visa.

Use standard computers with windows and you will be fine.
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 26, 2014, 01:35:32 PM
There is an update on KTLN. There are plans to place kiosks in arrivals so those who have been unable to get their visas online can purchase them before passport control. This is a temporary measure during the 2014 tourist season only to assist during the transition period. KTLN still advise travellers to purchase their e-visas before leaving UK and to use the official site only.
Post by: Potter on February 27, 2014, 09:21:51 AM
Found this posted on Facebook http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2567406/Turkey-visa-changes-Deadline-new-e-visa-extended-2015.html
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 28, 2014, 12:12:59 PM
Yes this bears out what KTLN posted a couple of days ago. I don't think I'd want to take a chance and queue at kiosk if we can possibly help it. Hopefully any early visitors this season who have to use this facility will post on here and let us know how it goes....if indeed the kiosks are in place April/May ::)
Post by: Cuddles on February 28, 2014, 10:03:32 PM
I got my evisa yesterday but not without a problem and I had the same thing today doing Mrs BGs.

I'm using a windows 7 desktop and after inputting all of my details, I sat waiting for the verification email to arrive, and it didn't. I went back to the application and started again and this time the verification email came almost straight away and I was able to pay and print off the pdf.

Very strange
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 26, 2014, 08:43:49 PM
I have tried three times now to purchase our E-visas. I make the applications on the website but we are not receiving the emails to verify - its not going to Junk/Spam either ??? I go back to the website and it tells me our applications have timed out as we didn't respond to the email. I have tried on three different days, just in case there is a glitch in the system, tried the "re-send email" button without success and I am making the applications on a Windows 7 laptop. I have sent a message to "Contact Us" two days ago and not had a reply to that either. I am applying separately for me and BH and we have two different email addresses....any ideas..?
Post by: turkeyfan on May 26, 2014, 09:15:59 PM
K4E are you using an iPad or a laptop?

We had problems when using an iPad but it worked first time on a laptop.  https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
is the correct website too. :-)
Post by: msr on May 26, 2014, 09:58:52 PM
I applied for mine today and had no problem at all. I did it on a desktop rather than the I pad which makes a difference. It does seem very straight forward but I can imagine how infuriating it could be if there is a glitch somewhere along the line! No idea why some work and others don't. At least as a back up you know this year you can get one at the airport if all else fails.
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 26, 2014, 10:31:22 PM
I read on here there were problems using tablets so I've been using a laptop with Windows 7. I will try with a desktop in work tomorrow....it's infuriating having to go back and input the information all over again :P We are not receiving the emails so we can take it to the next stage.....Defintely on the right website too  >:(
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 27, 2014, 08:49:25 AM
Desk top everytime it seems to sail through on this....too many problems with other ways tablets /laptops for some reason..keep us informed.. good luck!!  :-*
Post by: Lynne T on May 27, 2014, 09:43:12 AM
I did ours on an iPad , you just have to be careful how you put the dates in eg 14.05.2014 not 14/5/14 . Once my brother-in- law and I got this right it was the same on the computer and iPad . 18 days to go  :) :)
Lynne
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 27, 2014, 09:58:44 AM
The main problems people are having seem to be I pads "freezing" and the confirmation message which you need not being received in your mail box...You may as well use a desk top anyway because you have still got to print out your visa
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 27, 2014, 10:45:34 AM
Success!!! good old desk top. Well to be honest, I had to change my email address as it was having trouble with my btinternet one. I did receive an email at 4am this morning which obviously expired but one to the same address this morning just said timed out even though I'd verified it straight away..? Not as painless as I was hoping but we got there in the end...phew!!
All that packing might have been in vain!
Post by: BarbH on May 27, 2014, 11:01:42 AM
Just received our visa bill which included our E-Visa charge. We was charged £12,28 each which included  transfer charges. :)
Post by: davidm on May 27, 2014, 03:43:25 PM
A tip on the eVisa front- don't wait for the confirmation email, once you have input everything and are waiting for the email that never arrives, log back in to the  'ongoing application ' section and hey presto it will ask you for payment and then allow you to download the visa immediately!

That was my experience yesterday. The confirmation email arrived about 3 hours later by which time you are timed out anyway! Teething problems I guess.
Post by: tortoise lady on May 27, 2014, 05:29:19 PM
I bought our first e-visas a week ago and mercifully found the process simple.  I used a lap top with a link to a printer.  A guest has e-mailed to say she has also now obtained her visas and found it much easier than she had expected.

So take heart those who have still to go through the process.   It sounds as if most of the time it is easy to manage although I can imagine there will be some initial problems.   When I had completed all the details the site asked how I would rate the site.   So I hope anyone who has difficulties will let them know so they can iron out problems asap.
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 27, 2014, 05:56:06 PM
Ahh not just me then...thanks davidm. Did try that little trick yesterday but it just kept giving me the timed out message. Maybe should have cleared cookies....if I knew how, I sure would have done. I do, however, know how to clear the other type of cookies...the ones you have with a cup of tea :-\ ::)
Post by: littlelin on May 27, 2014, 06:24:14 PM
And when you get to Turkey they don't even look at the Visa, it's tied in to your passport so they can check it when they scan your passport. But I'd still take a copy just in case.
Post by: Alex on June 05, 2014, 04:57:29 PM
It's defo a much better system, and quicker too!
Post by: Cuddles on June 06, 2014, 10:08:36 PM
Actually, except for your peace of mind, you don't need to print out anything. The visa is linked to your name and passport number on the police computers. So, if you push the printed version across with your passport they just ignore it and push it back.
Post by: fidimax on June 07, 2014, 11:18:09 AM
Just done 3 visa apps,no problem ... apparently,you can still buy a visa "stamp" at Dalaman,but it will cost you £20 .......    :o
Post by: joycie on June 07, 2014, 03:05:12 PM
You're lucky did the application fine but no emails. Very frustrating persevered and now have two visas after nearly giving up and going to Blackpool for my hols.
Post by: ScotsinKalkan on June 08, 2014, 05:07:15 PM
Just done 4, all very simple and quick.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal