Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: antler on September 07, 2013, 05:50:57 AM

Title: Antler's Holiday - Day 7 - Sept 7th
Post by: antler on September 07, 2013, 05:50:57 AM
Yesterday was a day of action – for everyone else, at least – while Mrs A and I enjoyed our holiday home. Emina, the cleaner did her stuff from top to bottom, and by early afternoon the beds were left with fresh flowers on them and the same flowers in pots in the lounge.

Internet Man was back again playing with our router; not that we have any issues, but the adjacent Stone House does, which is owned by the same person and currently let out to a couple. Stone House is one bedroom property, very nicely renovated. You go in at lounge level and down a spiral staircase to the cool bedroom. It has a long balcony across the front of the property, so maximising its lovely view. Plus, it has a roof terrace the size of the whole property; I will show you on the next video..

The Young Ones had rang Kalamar Beach Club and arranged collection as Bex & I fetched some provisions. We decided to shop going up the hill and then taxi it back from Yali, ordering a top up from the liquor store, for delivery, along the way.

All three of us were delighted with the “cheese on toast” lunch and I decided as it tasted so good, all 7 of us could have it as a small starter before the Thai Green Curry tonight. So, I took the afternoon off until shave time at 6.30pm.

Mr & Mrs Soon-to-Be had arrived safely and he had asked me to introduce him to Mehmet for a haircut and shave.

Around 4.30. The Young Ones came back from the beach club saying it was really good, “but we missed our pool!” Isn’t it funny how you get attached to your “Englishman’s Castle in the sun”.  Oli was well impressed with the value of the beach club, saying “Dad, it was only £16 for the taxi there and back, the use of the sunbeds and their facilities and a lovely lunch with drinks and water”.  (He had the Calamari which he declared were of the same standard as Kaya). My son spends his money wisely – haven’t we done well?!

At 9pm I was delighted with the comments regarding the goat’s cheese, flower honey and fresh fig starter and I am sure this will become a firm favourite on the Antler’s menu. The figs were bought from the Market, going up the steep slope right at the top. A family were there with their van and had 5 or six different vegetables pouring out of the back. Whatever I asked for, all three of them would attempt to help me at the same time. The figs, were hand-picked from a tray of around 30. Big, plump and delicious.

I didn’t need to worry about the Thai Curry not delivering, as I knew the chicken thighs from Yussuf needed very little cooking. Melt-in-your mouth softness – with an extra sprinkle of fresh coriander, which had been fetched by the guy on the moped.  All those people creating our family meal…
And so we raised our glasses to the weekend, celebrating the end of our first week in Kalkan, totally chilled and making our plans for the next couple of days. I pondered just how fortunate we were that our kids had chosen to be here with us and wanted for nothing more.

http://youtu.be/b9ryPZ14G88

http://youtu.be/ymklDIo8Kz0

Antler
Title: Re: Antler's Holiday - Day 7 - Sept 7th
Post by: antler on September 07, 2013, 08:31:29 AM
Villa Kismet, early morning, looking back up from the beach.....

http://youtu.be/fBssnZr-ivE
Post by: antler on September 07, 2013, 08:48:23 AM
Kalkan Town Beach, early morning....

http://youtu.be/YJDq6th66kI
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 07, 2013, 01:57:23 PM
How beautiful does everything look first thing in the morning....and how amazing is the view from Villa Kismet. Everyone is going to book it...and the Stone House after your wonderful video snapshots. The owners should offer you a two week stay every year for life after this....well I would if it was me  :)
Post by: Joeyloveskalkan on September 08, 2013, 04:27:50 PM
Thank you for taking the time to record all those videos.  Getting us in the mood for our visit next week very nicely.
Cheers
Jo and Gary
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal