Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: lolly on February 27, 2008, 09:58:08 AM

Title: Rendezvous restaurant
Post by: lolly on February 27, 2008, 09:58:08 AM
Hello to everyone,
 Just wanted to add another restaurant to my favorite list it only opened last season and is well worth a visit it''s on a roof top, and is run by 2 guys that used to work in Doy Doy, Ewen and Mehmet, so you are sure of good food and excellent service, I beleive that they will be open for Easter.  Enjoy!
Title: Re: Rendezvous restaurant
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 27, 2008, 01:47:18 PM
Lolly you''re right to mention Rendevous as a good place to eat. We went there last year and I have to say we had the best mezze of our entire stay - simply devine. The rest of our meal was also very good and the service was exceptional - even by Kalkan''s standards - despite a power cut during our visit.
I think they will do really well there and hope other forum members try it out this year
Post by: Pebble on February 27, 2008, 05:45:16 PM
I agree Rendezvous is one of our favorites. We go there several times on each visit to Kalkan.  The food, and service are excellent and its good value for money.  Ewan always has the biggest smile.  ;D
Post by: Lorretta on February 27, 2008, 07:14:57 PM
Hi all,
where abouts is this restaurant I might give it a try. I simply love Mezze.
Post by: Charlie on February 27, 2008, 08:23:39 PM
Hi Loretta, if you know Doy Doy just call in there and someone will take you to Rendezvous.  It''s literally round the corner.  There is absolutely no competition between the two they just share customers!!  The only down side is it doesn''t have the same wonderful views that Doy Doy has.
Post by: Lorretta on February 28, 2008, 10:02:25 AM
Thanks Charlie. I do know where Doy Doy is and I may well give Rendevous a try. The trouble is there are just so may wonderful restaurants to choose from!
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 28, 2008, 10:27:39 AM
If you love Mezze, Loretta, you will adore the one at Rendevous - I think it''s their bread that makes it so special  - they come and offer you more if they notice there are dips but no bread left...tempting as it is to say yes, we need to leave room for their excellent lamb and fish dishes :P. From what I can remember you can get to Rendevous from two sides - opposite the entrance to Paparazzi, near Cafe Del Mar or directly up from the DoyDoy. We found it by accident as my BH wanted a kebab that night - I know. I know with all those gorgeous restaurants wanting a kebab is a little like asking for an alcopop in a champagne bar - but he had a craving!! We knew DoyDoy did them at lunchtime, but after arriving there one evening we discovered they didn''t put it on their evening menu. The Doy Doy guys took us to Rendevous where they do an excellent "posh" kebab which almost hit the spot for him  ;)
The craving was eventually settled when we went to Fethiye  ::)
Incidentally, does anyone know where Frank''s Place is? We read on that woefully inadequate site Trip Advisor before our first visit that the best kebabs were to be found in Frank''s Place. We asked everyone in Kalkan and no-one knew Frank''s Place. Does it even exist?
Post by: Shirley Burley on February 28, 2008, 11:01:06 AM
kalkan4eva I can only assume you mean Oz Adana which had become known as ''Fred''s Place'' - but ''Fred'' has now moved on and last season worked at Jimmy''s Yakamoz on the harbour.  Oz Adana is still there, just up the hill to the side of Sevil (now Tesko) supermarket and does serve fantastic lahmacun, pide and kebabs, at very reasonable cost.  They have a sister restaurant in Yesilkoy which is even better value for fantastic - but no frills - Turkish fare.
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 28, 2008, 02:16:36 PM
oooh you''re right, ShirleyBurly, got Frank and Fred mixed up  ::) I hope I wasn''t asking everyone for Frank''s Place last year - no wonder no-one knew where it was.
We will be sure to visit Oz Adana this year - a whole lot nearer than Fethiye for my BH''s kebab fix :laugh:
Post by: turkeyfan on February 28, 2008, 02:59:30 PM
There is a new burger/kebab place that has opened on the roundabout near the taxi rank since the summer.  We had really scrummy chicken doner kebabs in a bread roll with salad and I think they were 3 ytl each just a few weeks ago. ;D
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 28, 2008, 05:26:22 PM
if i remember rightly "Franks place" is over on kisla... ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 28, 2008, 05:42:50 PM
Thanks Turkey fan, they sound perfect. A choice of establishments...Mr Kalkan4Eva will be pleased  :laugh:
So, Blue Lizard there really is a Frank''s Place ;)?
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 28, 2008, 06:01:23 PM
Freds is where the poster said ,up the side of the old sevil supermarket only small but excellent value..but i seem to recall being in a place in Kisla called "Franks place"   it was quite late and beer had been quaffed!! but i''m sure it was there...maybe someone from Kisla can answer for sure!! ;)
Post by: Rosire on February 28, 2008, 06:14:46 PM
Hellp Bleu Lizard,

As far as I know there is no Franks place in Kizla but there is a Bob''s Place (Barbarossa). It is a small grocery shop with a little rerstaurant. Beuatifull views over Kalkan bay, good fod and very friendly service
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 28, 2008, 07:28:11 PM
could be it!! it was a hazy night! drat that Efes!! ;D ::)
Post by: lolly on May 30, 2008, 05:29:12 PM
My friend ordered the sea bass cooked in rock salt and set on fire at the table very special, I ordered lamb shank had flames on mine too wow .....excellent service from Mehmet.  Please say Lolly sent you ,you won''t be disappointed.
Post by: Begonvil on June 11, 2008, 12:46:08 PM
I agree with Lolly, you will not be disappointed with Rendezvous restaurant, ate there twice last week,

service excellent, and lovely people work there, try the apricot chicken Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Post by: lolly on September 20, 2008, 02:26:01 PM
I will be in Rendezvous this evenıng from 9.30 local time ıf anyone wants to come and say hello to me. x
Mines a glass of whıte Angora......cheers!!
Post by: theinspector on September 20, 2008, 04:08:41 PM
 :)hi lolly where about exactly is the rondezvous from doy doy is it on one of the streets leading down from the top??
cheers mikkie
Post by: Onesque on September 22, 2008, 01:45:42 PM
Lolly nice to have met you and your friend in Rendezvous, a shame that you were returning home the following day. We had thunderstorms after you had left, but now the weather is improving. Hope you had a pleasant journey back to the UK. Best Wishes Phil & Shirley
Post by: lolly on September 23, 2008, 11:48:57 PM
Hi Shirley and Phil it was great meeting you both in Rendezvous......best meal of the week hope to bump into you both agin soon in Kalkan enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Post by: Lorretta on September 28, 2008, 05:34:09 PM
Have to say the best meal we had was in the Rendevous. Thanks for the recommendation Lolly. I had the lambs liver in a wok which was just so delicious I still keep thinking about it now! Graham had the sea bass with prawns. Both cooked to perfection and lovely service, attentive without being over the top. We liked it so much we went back on our last night, I didn''t want to seem boring and have the liver again, tempted as I was, so, I opted for the stuffed aubergine which was also divine. Graham had the lamb basket and said the lamb was beutiful, really tender. I think this place could become one of our "new" favourites!
Post by: kalkanchris on October 01, 2008, 09:07:53 PM
we also went to rendervous last week , we had the sea bass with octopuss and prawns, we had ewans chunky chips they were so chunky that they looked like roast potatoes cut in half, delicious, ewan is so friendly, and the young lady sorry do not know her name, is so abliging and helpful. the young waiter just loved to talk to improve his english not that it wanted to be improved, he spoke better english than most young that are english, we go to rendevous every time we are in kalkan just try it i am sure you will enjoy it, bon appetite. we also went to one of the trout restaruants up into the mountains, our turkish neighbours to us there, it was wonderful we had a fab evening and the food great, the price was £60 for five people,including lovely starters, fresh trout just cought and cooked,salad, chips, one large and one small bottles of wine,one beer, fresh fruit, two turkish coffees, one turkish tea, two nescafe, plus the wonderful views over kalama bay, what more could anyone want,Mmmmmmm. wish we were there now.
Post by: alantj on October 01, 2008, 11:26:41 PM
I agree 100% with your description of Rendeavous, in July all of our party of 8 thought it had the best food in Kalkan, even over previous favorites such as the Olive Garden, and at very reasonable prices (since then several guestshave left comments in our visitor book that agree with this).

Ewan is a great host, we met him around seven years ago when he was a barman and subequently made a point of trying wherever he was working from year to year after that. It is good to see his hard work and skill has been rewarded.

Regards

Alan     
Post by: M n M on October 03, 2008, 11:29:30 AM
We agree with your comments about the Rendezvous restaurant.
We have been several times and the food and service have been excellent each time.
M n M
Post by: johnst on October 18, 2008, 12:19:25 AM
I was delighted with the ambience in Daphne. Breath-taking view from the terrace especially while sunset.
Daphne is the perfect location for rendezvous. I suggest it to everybody :)
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 20, 2008, 02:54:30 PM
Johnst...I can''t work out whether you''re being cute here...or you''ve entirely missed the point of this thread  ???.

Do enlighten us  ;D
Post by: alantj on October 20, 2008, 03:16:30 PM
May also have missed out on a good meal, when we were over in July, we went to both Rendevous and Daphne''s and thought the food at Rendevous was definately a cut above Daphne''s. 

Regards

Alan   
Post by: turkeyfan on October 20, 2008, 03:27:44 PM
I thought that too, until I read Johnst other posts and then it became clear - a little advert perhaps??  :o
Post by: itstime on October 20, 2008, 05:52:44 PM
Had possibly the best meal I''ve ever had in Kalkan (and I''ve had so many meals over the years  ::) last week at Rendezvous.
I had the Grouper fish with ginger and it was simply outstanding. Other half had the Stuffed Sea Bass and was equally delighted.
A wonderful dining experience which I''ll definitely do again.
Post by: Lorretta on October 20, 2008, 06:08:00 PM
Also if you own a property in Kalkan Ewan gives you a 10% discount card.
Post by: Roxie on October 21, 2008, 12:55:12 PM
Hi all,
Must be GOOD if Itstime liked it. Will someone ask them if they are open in December?
Post by: Begonvil on October 21, 2008, 12:58:51 PM
Rendezvous will be closed for the winter months this year, Ewan''s wife is due to have a baby any day now.
Post by: Blackpool on October 21, 2008, 03:04:34 PM
Is Rendezvous primarily another fish restaurant? Most posts on here suggest that to be the case. If its better than Daphne, then its got to be good, so still might give it a try.
Post by: alantj on October 21, 2008, 04:12:46 PM
No but it has a good range of fish dishes. We went twice (it would have been more but we only discovered it on our second week of holiday) both times everyone thought the food was excellent.

The bill was also very reasonable, to the point where decided it would be a bit mean to use the 10% off card that Euan had given us on the way in  (this was noticed and 20% taken off the bill on our second visit - I didn''t show the card that time either).

Post by: MartynE on October 21, 2008, 05:28:46 PM
We tried Rendezvous for the first time in September, having seen it highly recommended by several of our apartment guests in our visitors'' book.

Honest view: it was pretty good. Not the best food we''ve ever had in Kalkan, but definitely up there in our top ten or so. Service was very friendly and laid-back, which is always a good sign and there was a nice atmosphere generally.

Would we go back? Yes, probably, but not to the exclusion of some of our other favourites that we just have to keep going back to!  We are just so spoiled for choice... Olive Garden, Ibo, Coast and Kaya take some beating.  However that''s just a personal view and I would definitely recommend Rendezvous for good value and friendly service.
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 21, 2008, 06:18:41 PM
Blackpool, it''s most definitely worth a visit. In my opinion its just as nice as Daphne''s and certainly better value. I also think the service is one of the friendliest in Kalkan - which is saying something. As Martyn E says, there''s so much choice and everyone will have their own favourites.
Post by: kalkanfan on October 21, 2008, 07:53:06 PM
I would certainly agree that Rendezvous is worth a visit.  The staff are very friendly and provide excellent service and the food is of good quality with plenty of choice.  If I have one (very minor) criticism (and Rendezvous are not the only restaurant I feel are guilty of this) is that they put too much on your plate so if you leave the various items of garnish you still look like you have half a plateful of food you haven''''t eaten.  That said I would certainly return next time I''''m in Kalkan.
Post by: johnst on October 25, 2008, 06:59:43 PM
sorry people,
i made a mistake, the wrong subject
but i don''t know the restaurant rendezvous ???
Post by: kalkancrazy on February 24, 2009, 04:18:10 PM
we go to rendevous everytime because it is superb :laugh: :)
Post by: loobylou on May 13, 2009, 07:05:50 PM
Rendezvous is certainly down as one of our favourite restaurants, the food is delicious and the service outstanding we will continue to return time and time again!
Post by: lolly on May 25, 2009, 10:19:07 AM
This season Rendezvous has a new bar and the same excellent food and service..Well worth a visit.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 25, 2009, 11:02:44 AM
Great thanks for the update lolly  :)
Post by: Elee on July 04, 2009, 02:42:03 PM
Does anyone have an e mail address for Rendezvous restaurant please?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen
Post by: Pebble on July 04, 2009, 06:40:43 PM
Does anyone have an e mail address for Rendezvous restaurant please?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen
Thee.mail address I have is pasha002@mynet.com
I''ve not used it myself but it''s the one on the card Ewan gave me a couple of years ago. Hope this helps.
                  P.
Post by: Elee on July 04, 2009, 06:58:38 PM
Many thanks Pebble - I will give it a go.

Regards

Eileen
Post by: xhantos on July 19, 2009, 11:45:31 AM
i have been to kalkan few times , i always want to eat realturkish food and fresh fish than i chose the rendezvous restaurant , food is excelent servise is outstanding lovely atmosphere frendly staff, i will go there again and again
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 19, 2009, 11:59:35 AM
Hi Xhantos

Welcome to EnjoyKalkan - where abouts in Turkey are you from as your profile says your a resident  ;)
Post by: alshepuk on July 20, 2009, 03:22:56 PM
It is a real fun restaurant.  With regard to the waitress you either love or hate.  We love her our friens hate her.  The rest of the team are great.  The irish couple we sat next to were just bewildered.  It was so funny to watch.  We will be back next year
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 20, 2009, 03:25:56 PM
Hates a harsh word?..how about dislikes? ;)
Post by: alshepuk on July 21, 2009, 08:03:00 AM
No they do hate her!!  They said she spoilt their meal as she was totally over the top.  Anyway we will be going back hopefully to see the team there again next year.
Post by: xhantos on July 23, 2009, 09:34:59 AM
i think staff is great as food ,  she just want to learn more English ,there is more than 100 restaurants in kalkan but no female staff i don't know why , her name is mucella but i call her pocket rocket  ;D she is funny she allways smiles and she is polite  i am definitely going back to rendezvous
Post by: lradders1 on July 24, 2009, 03:51:04 PM
Please could you explain where Rendezvous restaurant is located?  Thanks ;)
Post by: bryher on July 25, 2009, 05:41:08 AM
I am confused. Could someone explain the difference between recommendation and advertising? 52 posts for one restaurant, probably as good as many others, seems excessive.
It is very useful to newcomers to read of good restaurants and a very proper item for the Forum but if every recommendation received the same number of posts it does seem to border on an advert rather than a recommend
Post by: kalkanfan on July 25, 2009, 09:13:43 AM
So exactly when does a post that starts out as a recommendation become advertising?  If someone starts a post about any particular restaurant or bar other EK members will most likely comment on the post or subject matter - that's what the forum is all about.  I fail to see how anyone could consider the way this post has developed could be considered as advertising - one poster has said they know people who "hate" one of the members of staff - hardly a glowing reference. (For the record I think the young lady in question is extremely pleasant and very eager to please).
Post by: bryher on July 25, 2009, 09:45:58 AM
I only asked because one post was removed as advertising
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on July 25, 2009, 09:56:49 AM
Hi,

EK welcomes people to recommend and review all elements of their holiday. However, EK is also very aware that some businesses create accounts to try and write false recommendations about their businesses to generate more.

Whilst EK has advanced security including IP tracking, multiple user monitoring etc to detect and remove these accounts there are instances where an element of trust has to be given. If you suspect a post to be false then please do report it. Likewise, you may see posts removed sometimes weeks after the original post, this is generally because another account has caused the post to flag up on the EK Safety systems.

Hope that helps a bit  :)

Jon
Post by: abby on August 18, 2009, 06:10:10 PM
love the rendezvous, especially the vodka melon ice drinks served at the end of the meal, crazy meatballs also a bit special.
Post by: Leigh on August 19, 2009, 08:56:34 AM
Sorry to be a kill joy here but Rendevous would be the only restaurant we wouldn't go back to - ordered our meal at 8.50 and it was served at 10.20!!  I think we would have been sat there all night if we hadn't asked what the problem was - they had lost our order.  Food nice when it eventually came but not much in the way of an apology either.
Post by: Lorretta on August 20, 2009, 09:10:26 AM
We had exactly the same experience as you Leigh, which was a shame as we had eaten there previously and really enjoyed it.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal