Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: Alex_Rowland on August 24, 2013, 03:12:29 PM

Title: Hire - Soft Top Jeep
Post by: Alex_Rowland on August 24, 2013, 03:12:29 PM
Hi all,

I have seen a few company offering the SUZUKI VITARA Jeep.
I am desperate to drive a convertible without the fear of getting wet!

Has anyone hired this type of car in Kalkan?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Title: Re: Hire - Soft Top Jeep
Post by: Babs on August 24, 2013, 04:24:55 PM
Hi...we have hired soft top jeeps from from Enes and Adda.....but beware, although fun, they tend to be quite old! Someone may know of a company who hires newer versions.
Post by: Alex_Rowland on August 24, 2013, 04:52:50 PM
Thanks Babs, this was my concern also.
Adda is where I am considering hiring the Jeep from also.

When you say it was old, did you experience any problems?
Also, could you confirm if your jeep soft top was fully secure, some of the pictures look like it doesn't have a fully soft top at the rear, slightly worrying for security overnight.

Cheers
Post by: brian j p on August 24, 2013, 06:20:41 PM
Alex re"I am desperate to drive a convertible without the fear of getting wet!"  is that possible in Kalkan during the summer  , I hope there is a clause in the insurance policy , any rain and you get your money back , I think this is a reasonable clause to demand
Post by: Babs on August 24, 2013, 06:55:19 PM
No Alex, they weren't secure as you can just unclip the roof....but we never had any problems. I'm not sure we would hire a jeep again though unless it was newer.
Post by: headroom on August 24, 2013, 07:33:13 PM
we had one as part of the deal when we came the first time to Kalkan, it was ridiculously uncomfortable, there was a problem with it (can't remember what) where we were given a saloon until the jeep was fixed, and it was so much more comfortable I wished we could have kept it. Also open tops are not necessarily a good idea because you get sunburned without realising (until it hurts).
Post by: Mayday1 on August 24, 2013, 07:51:18 PM
We hired a jeep.The most uncomfortable hard ride ever.Now we always hire saloon cars.Air con if you need it,protection from the sun.As already said,the sun is deceptively hot and the last thing you need is bad sun burn....................it is my own opinion but a saloon car is way more comfortable,and more secure.
Post by: Alex_Rowland on August 25, 2013, 12:41:11 PM
Thank everyone for you replies.

It is a real shame that no companies offer a convertible which isn't a 100 year Jeep.
I think i'll wait until we get there and have a look at the cars in the metal!

Thanks again
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal