Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: fidimax on February 25, 2008, 12:49:18 PM

Title: re: changes at the ice/sultan bar .
Post by: fidimax on February 25, 2008, 12:49:18 PM
has anyone heard anything about changes at the ice/sultan bar, I understand oz is no longer at the bar.
Title: Re: re: changes at the ice/sultan bar .
Post by: turkeyfan on February 25, 2008, 01:36:29 PM
It''s a shame if he''s not because he''s a really nice guy but he was telling us in October that he didn''t know if he wanted to carry on with the bar because he has a young son who lives in Sweden (I think) who he misses a lot during the summer.

We were in Kalkan a couple of weeks ago and walked past the bar during the day.  The doors were open and there were a few people milling around and it wasn''t Oz or his brother and we did wonder if they didn''t have it any more.

Post by: fidimax on February 25, 2008, 01:55:20 PM
hi turkey fan. I think you are right about oz,I also was in kalkan in october and oz said he may not be in kalkan this year as he might stay in sweden with his family. if you know oz, you might know Yusuf from pasha,I think I am right in saying yusuf is now running the bar and I am sure if he is it will be just as good because he is a really nice guy .
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 27, 2008, 01:36:42 PM
This bar was a regular early evening stop off place for us on our way back from the beach club water taxis. That steep walk up from the harbour needed to be broken up and Oz was a wonderful host and their two cocktails for the price of one worked wonders on my aching legs and breathlessness  ;D Amazingly, I felt as light as a feather after leaving there, and the remainder of the walk back to our apartment would pass in a blur  :o
It''s a shame if he''s not going to be there this year as he was such a nice guy - I''m sure we all wish him well.
Needless to say, we will be paying a visit (or several) this year and get to know Yusuf in the process  :laugh:
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 27, 2008, 01:48:22 PM
we used to stop off there as well..2 for one!! and when you leave and reach the top of the slope ::)(15 yards) the yali does the same!! :D
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 27, 2008, 03:09:37 PM
No pain, no gain Blue Lizard the Yali was far too close...we would keep going sometimes all the way up to Emir where we were staying, or more often than not fall into Moonlight where I''d have an orange juice to regain the power of speech and the ability to make sense  ;D. They were pretty potent cocktails that Oz conjured up....only hoping Yusuf is as liberal with the spirits  :laugh:
Post by: fidimax on February 27, 2008, 05:50:00 PM
having sampled yusufs hospitality and drinks at pasha,I am sure his cocktails will be up to scratch. >:D
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 27, 2008, 06:23:18 PM
fantastic  O0
Post by: fidimax on February 27, 2008, 06:41:39 PM
I will be in kalkan in may and again in july ;DI will try a few samples and let you know  :o
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 28, 2008, 10:08:33 AM
when they said Turkey was the birthplace of Homer..i didn''t realise it was Simpson!! ;D ;D
Post by: fidimax on February 28, 2008, 02:12:56 PM
Nice one blue lizard ,I think I,ve cracked a rib  ;) !!!!!!!
Post by: Lorretta on February 28, 2008, 04:27:14 PM
Fidimax, you will get used to Blue Lizard, his posts are always very witty.
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 28, 2008, 05:43:50 PM
....and he knows where there''s a lime tree.... >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 28, 2008, 05:57:23 PM
Yes indeedy!! i am open to bribes and flattery!! if i were to reveal my secret location i have visions of people with tumblers of Bombay Saphire  staggering around my secret tree!!  ;) :-*
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 28, 2008, 06:03:01 PM
...sounds like one hell of a party  O0
Post by: fidimax on February 28, 2008, 07:39:39 PM
Hope I get invited,and I know the location of about five lime trees in kalkan,a slice goes well in a double southern comfort and ice,or six  :o
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 29, 2008, 01:42:11 PM
well then Fidimax you can host your own party...I''ll be there with the Bombay Sapphire (and Southern Comfort of course) just need the location...... >:D Any one of the trees will do...
Post by: fidimax on February 29, 2008, 02:16:13 PM
sorry kalkan4ever,couldnt possibly give out the location,all I can say is that they are about half way along the kalamar road.  ???
Post by: kalkan4eva on March 02, 2008, 05:42:34 PM
that''s all the information I need, Fidimax....no doubt when I get there there will be a lizard on guard.. :laugh:
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 02, 2008, 07:22:54 PM
no!! my secret location is not on kalamar road.....but me and my bucket know where Kalamar road is...mmmm half way ? now let me see!! ;D >:D
Post by: goonernumber1 on March 18, 2008, 07:32:34 PM
I also love the ice bar and Oz!

Recently I emailed the ice bar to see if they would have any Olympic Games coverage on their big creen during the Summer and there was an ad on the official ice bar website that advertised it''s sale......

I guess he is in Sweden then!

Anyone have any expericnece of the bar recently?

Also, does anyone think the Olympic Games will be covered somewhere??
Post by: fidimax on March 18, 2008, 08:37:07 PM
hiya goonerno1(are you a arsenal fan by any chance ?) yes i think oz is in sweden ,he said in oct he missed his family and may not be in kalkan this summer.my friend yusuf (from pasha)now runs the ice bar,Ithink he has changed the name to pasha bar,he is agreat bloke and a one off (just like oz) I am sure the bar will be just as good as when oz had it .re:the olympics,they should be on in every bar,as I am sure they will be on turkish tv.I am back in kalkan in may(and july)and I will most likely spend most of my time in pasha/ice bar,so I will find out as much as I can. oh by the way the wife is man-u !
Post by: fidimax on May 02, 2008, 05:00:09 PM
Hi ,do any of the members who are resident in kalkan know if the pasha bar has a web site(used to be ice/sultan bar) or could anyone call in and see yusuf,tell him neil is asking. thanks . neil.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal