Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: BlackSnake on August 16, 2013, 09:01:46 AM

Title: Transferring money to Turkey
Post by: BlackSnake on August 16, 2013, 09:01:46 AM
Wonder if anyone can advise.  I am wanting to transfer a few thousand pounds to our Turkish bank account, with the exchange rate so high wanted to check the best way to do this.

You would transfer the money in pounds to Sterling account, would you then move it straight to the Lira account to make the best use of the fantastic exchange rate?  ???
Title: Re: Transferring money to Turkey
Post by: MartynE on August 16, 2013, 11:00:08 AM
Personally I would use Moneycorp or similar to book the exchange, and then have them transfer it direct to your TL account. Lower fees that way and probably a better exchange rate.
Post by: Cajaran on August 16, 2013, 02:56:57 PM
We looked at Moneycorp but when I emailed them regarding Turkish Lira, as I could not see TL on their website, they replied that they only supplied TL for home delivery  ???

Have I been given wrong information ??

Post by: baclava on August 17, 2013, 09:34:03 AM
I transfer directly from my Barclays account online to my Deniz bank sterling account. Barclays charge £25 but there is no charge at Deniz bank. I then move through internet banking from my sterling account to lira account. Did a transfer yesterday and the transfer rate was 3.0146.
Post by: MartynE on August 20, 2013, 09:32:23 AM
We looked at Moneycorp but when I emailed them regarding Turkish Lira, as I could not see TL on their website, they replied that they only supplied TL for home delivery  ???

Have I been given wrong information ??

I use Moneycorp all the time to change GBP to TL (sent to TL account in Turkey) and Euros (to a euro account in Italy) with no problem, so I don't know where that information is coming from!
Post by: Buster on August 20, 2013, 12:18:14 PM
Nobody has mentioned if you are not going to be using the Lira when you change it over put it into a monthly deposit account last month they were paying 8%.

Regards   Buster
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal