Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: Cosetta on July 26, 2013, 01:53:21 PM

Title: Which gulet takes people who just turn up at the harbor?
Post by: Cosetta on July 26, 2013, 01:53:21 PM
If 4 people want a boat trip but do not want to pay the full charter price, which gulet will take them (NOT Sea Bella, a small gulet)?  Can guests just go to the marina and join others on a gulet boat trip?
Title: Re: Which gulet takes people who just turn up at the harbor?
Post by: itstime on July 26, 2013, 02:17:43 PM
Absolutely, but in high season it's best to book at least a day or two in advance. We did however one time literally turn up one morning and managed to have a great day out but would definitely recommend booking. Just go along in the evening and have a look round at the different boats, chat with the captain and decide on your preferred boat.
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 26, 2013, 03:46:43 PM
Cosetta, itstime's advice is spot on but your guests will need to make it clear when booking they are not wanting to charter the boat and just want four places. I think they are all 50tl per person - at least they were last month. Yildiz boats definitely take individual places and the Pina-X boats. If they do leave it to the actual morning, I think they may get lucky, but chances are there will only be places on Sea Bella :-X
Post by: Cosetta on July 26, 2013, 04:04:16 PM
Thanks mucho to both of you for the info.  I let our guests know and useful for me too since I've only ever gone on chartered boats.
Post by: itstime on July 26, 2013, 05:57:39 PM
Yeah was 50 lira last week. We went on Sunset 3 and booked a couple of days in advance. Been on most of the boats and never been disappointed :)
Post by: cptergun on July 26, 2013, 06:11:20 PM
Hi Cosetta,

It depends which season are you looking for a boat trip. If you want to go on a specific boat I would recommend you to book inadvance.

Kindest regards

Cpt. Ergun
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal