Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: BYBV on July 16, 2013, 09:51:35 PM

Title: Postcards
Post by: BYBV on July 16, 2013, 09:51:35 PM
Hi, call us old-fashioned but we always like to send a postcard when on hols.  What's the deal on stamps (first class/2nd?) and how long does correspondence take to get back to Blighty?

We're over week after next for two weeks? Yay! 8)

Timbo.
Title: Re: Postcards
Post by: Rachey on July 16, 2013, 10:18:17 PM
We always buy our postcards in Desti - opposite Abi travel. He sells you the stamps too, and usually adds a bookmark or two as well!  Postcards seem to take about 10 days to 2 weeks to get home, but once they arrived within a week  :)
Post by: JenJen on July 16, 2013, 11:00:27 PM
I always send a few postcards, mainly to my very old and very young relatives, and find they take anywhere from one week to six weeks to arrive. I sent my Gran one at the start of September last year and it arrived in November!

I always buy mine in Desti too and get a bag of freebies - he's a lovely man :)
Post by: kevincat99 on July 17, 2013, 07:16:06 AM

If you go into the PTT [ post office ] down at the far end of the counter there is usually a stand with FREE post cards on it and they are of good quality

Just help yourself

Now that is a bargain   :D
Post by: chrissy1 on July 17, 2013, 08:12:16 AM
I have found that if you put them in an envelope to send they get there quicker - don't ask me why though?  ::)
Post by: BarbH on July 17, 2013, 09:21:24 AM

For years I have bought the cards and stamps at this shop, left them at my hotels reception who posted them for me. Never a problem, usually the cards had  arrived home before we did.

Last year was different, I decided to take pre-typed labels and to put them in envelopes, not all arrived and what ones did was weeks later. What I did differently was to put the  mail in the  post box outside the post office, I was told later that this box was not emptied on a regular basis and that the best way was to give them over the counter.

This year I did not bother!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal