Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: Babadag on July 06, 2013, 07:56:07 AM

Title: Kaputas 2013
Post by: Babadag on July 06, 2013, 07:56:07 AM
Just for info an update on Kaputas beach this year.
Dolmus from by the taxis will take you up to the bus station to catch the Kas Dolmus. First one at 10.15. 3TL one way although it said on the price list 2.50 TL. When you want to come back just wait at Kaputas and stop the Kas bus which passes every half hour. Pay the driver. A cheap day out.
The umbrellas are at the top of the steps now - 5TL. No sun beds.
A lady came round the beach selling drinks but no other refreshments.

A beautiful place and hardly changed since our last visit 4 years ago. Enjoy!
Title: Re: Kaputas 2013
Post by: suzyq1 on July 06, 2013, 10:16:59 AM
Thanks for the info Babadag. Its definitely on my to do list when we come in August.
I'm sure I read on here somewhere that there is another bus stop  which is nearer to us  as we are staying in the Komurluk area. If anyone can confirm that I'd be grateful.

Suzyq1
Post by: Charlie on July 06, 2013, 12:43:57 PM
Suziq you can catch the same Kas Dolmus on the main D400 just a above Komerluk. No point in you going into Kallan to go back past Komerluk.
Post by: suzyq1 on July 06, 2013, 04:58:28 PM
Thanks Charlie, I was hoping this was the case but wasn't sure how easy it was to get on to the main D400, as when I looked on Google maps it wasn't too clear whether we had to walk all along the service road before we could join it. Is there a proper stop or can you flag a bus down like you can a dolmus?

Thanks, Suzyq1

Post by: kalkan4eva on July 07, 2013, 10:00:27 AM
suzyq1, there is a stop on the D400, just at the top of the road near Oz Adana. You will have to walk along the service road to get to it...at the end of the service road turn right and go up the hill - the stop is just there (on the right)as you get to the road. You can get any bus that goes to Kas  - ask for Kaputas (caputash).
As Babadag says its a lovely day out, but the lack of shade in the peak weeks can be harsh even for sun lovers - make sure you get a parasol ;)
Post by: suzyq1 on July 08, 2013, 10:15:23 PM
Thank you K4E,

As usual you have been very helpful, and I for one will keep using this forum because of people like you!

Suzyq1
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal