Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: suzyq1 on May 26, 2013, 10:46:24 PM

Title: New e visa system
Post by: suzyq1 on May 26, 2013, 10:46:24 PM
As the season is now underway I was just wondering if anyone has had experience of the new e visa system and if so did it all run smoothly?

Are thy geared up for it at Dalaman airport or  is it still in the "teething stage?"

Not travelling till August but just trying to get a feel for what is going to be the best way.

Suzyq1 

Title: Re: New e visa system
Post by: Cuddles on May 27, 2013, 11:37:22 AM
What new e-visa system? Can someone enlighten me?
Post by: Kalkan regular on May 27, 2013, 12:22:56 PM
I believe from a different forum that after a bit of initial confusion at Dalaman immigration it is now ok. It costs 20 US$, about £13. You can of course just queue for a £10 stamp. This is the link.
https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 27, 2013, 01:11:49 PM
so £3 each to beat the queues at Dalaman....?
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 27, 2013, 05:02:31 PM
Think i'd rather line up and get a stamp..Customs men are very stern looking at Dalaman and always seem to go over my passport with a fine toothcomb while staring at me intently!!..don't think I'd trust an heres one I made earlier approach...by contrast our customs are like being quizzed by Harry Hill!!  ;)
Post by: Kalkan regular on May 27, 2013, 07:46:58 PM
Yes £3 more. Personally I'd queue for a stamp as if you are through immigration too quickly you will still have to wait for your luggage.
Post by: LancashireLass on May 28, 2013, 07:34:30 AM
Hi I heard on Trip Advisor about these E Visas with mixed views, one traveller was still made to queue up at the visa section, I'm not sure if they were made to pay or not they didn't say, but i got the impression he had to queue to get his passport stamped, they just complained about still having to queue up.  We have decided not to bother with the E Visa and just pay £10.

Lancashire Lass
Post by: suzyq1 on May 28, 2013, 07:58:34 AM
Well it doesn't seem as though there is much to be gained then by doing it in advance - more to pay and possibly still have to queue. I've only been to Turkey once, but I remember feeling like I was trying to bribe an official as I passed over my passport with a tenner in it!

Not long for you now Kalkan4eve? Bet you're getting excited. Hope you have a great time and look forward to your reports, especially on Palm Beach Club, as I have a feeling we will be going there quite a lot as its in walking distance to our villa. Enjoy!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal