Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Weather => Topic started by: pw on April 01, 2013, 04:13:43 PM

Title: April Weather in Kalkan?
Post by: pw on April 01, 2013, 04:13:43 PM
Looking forward to updates........
Title: Re: April Weather in Kalkan?
Post by: Chris the Spark on April 02, 2013, 09:42:45 AM
At last the wind has gone :D :D
Weather is a very pleasant 25deg bright sunshine.

Last night we ate at Sade. I had the "Chicken Hermes", OH had the Sea Bass Special which Sea Bass fillets wrapped round prawns and calamari.
I would highly recommend Sade.
Anyway back to the sunbathing. Back soon
Chris
Post by: Anne on April 04, 2013, 07:00:20 PM
Well we arrived last night at Dalaman to a deluge, in fact the plane had to abort its first landing attempt it was so windy! Quite a few nervous passengers I can tell you!  Passengers, who all seemed British,  actually clapped the pilor once he landed the plane.

Today was calmer, warmed up around lunchtime but a few spots of rain late afternoon.
Post by: Lizilu20 on April 04, 2013, 10:21:02 PM
Glad you arrived safe and sound and in one piece Anne. I can imagine that was a scary landing. Thanks for the weather update too. We will be joining you in Kalkan on Saturday night so fingers crossed for some good weather!  8)
Post by: Babs on April 05, 2013, 11:07:57 AM
Have just looked at the ktln webcams and there is wall to wall sunshine.......how I wish I was going to Kalkan tomorrow rather than being holed up with a broken foot looking out at the snow and sleet......again! Have a lovely time everyone who is out there in the next few days....the forecast looks lovely....sigh! :-[
Post by: Lizilu20 on April 05, 2013, 11:44:05 AM
Oh, poor you Babs, I hope you recover quickly and can make it to Kalkan soon.  :(
Post by: Babs on April 05, 2013, 03:20:09 PM
Thanks Lizilu...not till October for us but we are off to Dubrovnik in June...a first for us. Have a great holiday!
Post by: Lizilu20 on April 05, 2013, 07:44:27 PM
I bet you'll have a great time Babs. Dubrovnik looks lovely. Let me know how you get on. I've just finished packing now. So excited!!! Hopefully I'll be able to help out with the weather updates soon.  :)  8)
Post by: amber on April 05, 2013, 07:47:30 PM
Its been a typical April weather week - sunny,rainy and windy!!
Post by: onelove on April 12, 2013, 04:51:12 PM
Hi just got Ak to Kalkan a couple of days ago......the weather has been fab since I got back, proper red today.  Put it this way, if the heating to our pool was on I would of been in it  ;)

Went for a 4 hour walk along Patara beach this afternoon....bliss  8) 

Weather is set great for tomorrow so we having a afternoon BBQ at our place, got up to 12 people coming, can't wait.

Ahhhh it's Soooo good to be back  ;D
Post by: Lizilu20 on April 12, 2013, 05:01:34 PM
Yes, a glorious day today, we were at patara too this afternoon. We were the ones dodging the wasps!!! Have a fab holiday onelove and hope this beautiful weather continues for you. Any news on the restaurant?
Post by: Bob & Jayne on April 12, 2013, 05:21:12 PM
Yes waiting for news One Love on the Restaurant, and of course the name?

Jayne
Post by: onelove on April 15, 2013, 05:12:18 PM
tanZorie @ Chapter One.

Trying hard to get opened ASAP.
Post by: onelove on April 15, 2013, 05:16:35 PM
Woke up to dreadful weather, it was So dark at 07:00 this morning I thought it was the middle of the night, strong winds, rain and then hailstones.....it picked up as the day went on, but overcast nigh on all day.

Curry tonight in the villa......all prepared by our wonderful chef......ahhhh sure smells good  ;)
Post by: Bob & Jayne on April 15, 2013, 05:28:22 PM
Like the name Onelove!  ;D O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Post by: Mayday1 on April 15, 2013, 07:26:49 PM
Hi Onelove,

Great name.I wish you all the success with the restaurant.
Post by: pw on April 16, 2013, 06:43:29 AM
Yeah, good name onelove and good to meet you yesterday!

Pw
Post by: onelove on April 16, 2013, 07:29:12 AM
Yeah PW was good to meet you and your wife.  See you in tanZorie  ;)
Post by: onelove on April 16, 2013, 07:30:41 AM
Hi Onelove,

Great name.I wish you all the success with the restaurant.

Thanks Mayday1
Post by: onelove on April 16, 2013, 07:34:38 AM
What a difference a day makes.....blue sky, no wind, no hailstones, just sunshine.... 8)

Tea and toast on the terrace......living the dream  ;) 8) ;)
Post by: Lizilu20 on April 16, 2013, 08:47:21 AM
We shall definitely visit TanZorie in August, shame we missed out last week, congratulations and wishing you every success  :)
Post by: onelove on April 16, 2013, 09:47:11 AM
We shall definitely visit TanZorie in August, shame we missed out last week, congratulations and wishing you every success  :)

Thanks Lizilu20.
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 16, 2013, 12:46:40 PM
We are out in June, so we'll have tanZorie on our list of places to try. Good luck with your venture, onelove, I hope you do well. As a new restaurant opens, its sad to see the loss of one of the older established places.... KTLN has reported that Odak won't be opening this year, we always went there at least once every trip it was a little gem :( :(
Post by: onelove on April 16, 2013, 01:15:50 PM
We are out in June, so we'll have tanZorie on our list of places to try. Good luck with your venture, onelove, I hope you do well. As a new restaurant opens, its sad to see the loss of one of the older established places.... KTLN has reported that Odak won't be opening this year, we always went there at least once every trip it was a little gem :( :(

Thanks Kalkan4eva.  Look forward to seeing @ tanZorie
Post by: Skunk on April 16, 2013, 02:58:08 PM
Yes Odak will be sorely missed by us too.  Boooo  :'( :'(
Post by: onelove on April 17, 2013, 08:44:25 AM
Great fun at the Parc quiz last night, thanks goes to the quiz master. Not a spare seat to be had.

Yesterday's weather was just perfect, lovely and hot with wall to wall sunshine. Today looks like its going to be the same  8) ;) 8)
Post by: Anne on April 17, 2013, 06:51:37 PM
Sadly wall to wall sunshine did not last, rain at 3pm.
Post by: onelove on April 18, 2013, 08:29:50 AM
Yeah Ann, it clouded over at approx 12:30, did not see the sun again. Out last night in a t-shirt  8), very mild evening.

This morning we have intermittent sunshine, I think we are in for a bit of rain later.

Most places are open now and the town is full of locals, tradesmen, business people running about trying to get ready for the start of the season.
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 18, 2013, 11:04:09 AM
Alternatif doesn't look open yet on the EK webcam :(
Its my other marker for our trip not being too far away....come on guys :P
Post by: Mayday1 on April 18, 2013, 11:12:04 AM
Hi kalkan4eva,

Alternatif is one of our,if not the favourite restaurant we go to.......service,atmosphere,food quality absolutely excellent.I doubt that they will open before May 1st.They didn't last year or the year before that.Worth waiting for certainly...............but not if you happen to be there now......in April !!
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 18, 2013, 11:20:55 AM
We also like Alternatif but I'm not sure I actually have a favourite....I tend to have a "best this trip" instead because the quality and variety of food is consistently good, its quite rare to find somewhere with awful food and poor service...IMHO.
With onelove saying most places were open, I'm just trying to hurry things along :) :)
Post by: Mayday1 on April 18, 2013, 12:05:29 PM
Yes you are right that the overall quality of all the kalkan restaurants is very high and is therefore difficult to have favourites.There are lots of places we have yet to try but out of the ones we have tried we think Alternatif stands out.
Post by: clara 50 on April 18, 2013, 02:47:17 PM
Hi Onelove where is Tanzorie situated? Always good to try somewhere new. All the best with your exciting venture.
Post by: pw on April 18, 2013, 04:17:59 PM
Well it's been a glorious day in Patara today. Now back in Kalkan  and apparently it's time to betten down the hatches for 2 days of storms! Blue sky over town but its black in them thar hills!
Post by: onelove on April 18, 2013, 04:18:57 PM
Hi Clara 50,

It's going to be @ Chapter One, above Adda car hire.

Thanks for the best wishes, really appreciated  8)
Post by: onelove on April 19, 2013, 07:43:32 AM
As PW has said it was a lovely day yesterday, I would say 80% sun 20% cloud with a very light breeze.

Not so bright this morning, slight drizzle and a sky Full of cloud. Could be a storm on the way  :(

Had a top night last night, we were invited to our chef's house for dinner, traditional Turkish food, it was fab, not a pompadom in sight..... 8) ;) 8) 
Post by: onelove on April 23, 2013, 06:45:18 PM
Another cracking, glorious sunny hot day in Kalkan, wall to wall sunshine.

Weather is set fine for the forseeable future, happy days.... 8) 8) 8)
Post by: Joeyloveskalkan on April 23, 2013, 08:12:54 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated.  Just make sure the sun stays for our arrival in 10 days time.

May well see you on the Saturday as we might be in need of a curry!

Jo and Gary
Post by: utah1 on April 24, 2013, 10:00:49 AM
Forecast for the first week in
M ???ay shows thunderstorms and rain.  Can you advise if when you get these are they in for the day or does it come and go usually.  Only got six days so if three of them are rain I will be very sad!.  Can you Kalkanites give us daily forecasts please.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on April 24, 2013, 11:28:50 AM
Accuweather shows an odd passing shower, but otherwise looks very warm and sunny:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/tr/kalkan/316968/may-weather/316968?monyr=5/1/2013  8)  8)
B
Post by: utah1 on April 24, 2013, 11:39:12 AM
Well thats certainly better than the one I was looking at.  Fingers crossed.
Post by: onelove on April 25, 2013, 11:13:00 AM
Our terrace was bathed in sunshine at 06:40 this morning and still is as I write this  8) 8) 8)
Post by: onelove on April 25, 2013, 03:44:30 PM
17:45 paridise time.......hot hot hot  8)  ;) 8)

The town is really coming alive now.....great to watch  ;)
Post by: onelove on April 25, 2013, 05:52:11 PM
19:50, sat on the terrace in shorts and t-shirt with a (large) VAT in my hand....'Is this the way life's meant to be'  8) ;) 8)
Post by: onelove on April 26, 2013, 06:30:02 AM
07:30, again Kalamar Bay bathed in brilliant sunshine and Soooo mild for this time of the morning........in a word....'paradise'  ;)

First guests arrive late tonight.....sure sign that the season has started, they are Kalkan virgins...how lucky are they  8) ;) 8)

Post by: Skunk on April 26, 2013, 09:19:50 AM
Yes, lucky beggars.  :D ;D ;)
Post by: Bob & Jayne on April 26, 2013, 09:37:27 AM
Thought exactly the same at 7am this morning when I read that!  Sitting in my office now grey and gloomy outside! Roll on 89 Days!!!!   ;D ::) O0 :) 8)

Jayne
Post by: Mayday1 on April 26, 2013, 10:02:16 AM
Arriving a week today.Keeping everything crossed for the weather to stay lovely,because i know the weather can be a little changeable in April into May.

One love i wish your guests a very enjoyable first time stay in Kalkan........I hope you have left several pamphlets for Tanzorie @ Chapter one around the villa for them !!
Post by: utah1 on April 26, 2013, 10:14:45 AM
I hope that weather report is wrong for the first week in May sob!
Post by: Sandancer on April 26, 2013, 10:43:46 AM
Me too.  6 days to go and the weather forecast is not looking good.  Not a lot to do in Kalkan in bad weather except sit around and drink.  Ah well, we can do that if pushed.
Post by: utah1 on April 26, 2013, 01:15:56 PM
See you in the bar then Sandancer!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on April 26, 2013, 01:37:40 PM
Hailstones here on the sunny south coast of Dorset!
I guess that indicates the arrival of the great british summer then!  :P  8)
B
Post by: onelove on April 26, 2013, 04:10:53 PM
Looks like my reports will be getting shorter, today........HOT HOT HOT  8) ;) 8)
Post by: Sandancer on April 26, 2013, 05:01:51 PM
See you in the bar then Sandancer!
When are you arriving?  We were there at the same time last year and had only one day of rain and silly us, that was the day we walked to the Caretta bech club along the track. The rest of the time the weather was great although the sea was chilly.
Post by: utah1 on April 27, 2013, 04:59:02 PM
Hi Sandancer we arrive on 4 May to the 10th.  Cant wait! I definitely get the Kalkan bug if I dont go every year and we missed last year so relly excited.  Maybe we will see you there. X
Post by: Sandancer on April 27, 2013, 06:08:42 PM
Hi Sandancer we arrive on 4 May to the 10th.  Cant wait! I definitely get the Kalkan bug if I dont go every year and we missed last year so relly excited.  Maybe we will see you there. X
Are you staying at the Samira in town?
Post by: onelove on April 27, 2013, 06:58:23 PM
HOT HOT....  8) ;) 8)
Post by: utah1 on April 28, 2013, 09:22:35 AM
Hi Sandancer no we are at teh Cennet Apartments in Town.
Post by: onelove on April 28, 2013, 09:33:29 AM
We landed @ 00:25 last night and the temp was 2c......that's Ringway, Manchester, not Dalaman......flip flops shorts and t-shirt was not one of my best ideas......never mind should be back in paridise in 4/5 days  ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal