Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Christina on March 16, 2013, 03:19:14 PM

Title: Heated pools in April?
Post by: Christina on March 16, 2013, 03:19:14 PM
Hello folks. This is a long shot - but here goes.

Does anyone know of any heated pools or hot tubs that might be available (for example in local steam baths) that I might be able to access when I come over end of March/April? Back home I've been having regular hydrotherapy at the local hospital for my badly injured, but recently re-built leg - with excellent results. I'd like to continue the good work whilst I am in KK for 3 weeks, but unfortunately the pool at my place is not heated, and would probably do more harm than good! I seem to remember seeing a small pool at the Turkish bath opposite the Aqua Bar on the Kalamar Road when I was there last year - I wonder if that would be open? It's not that I'll be doing lengths or anything (when I attempt breast stroke, I just go round in circles as my poorly leg cannot bend much) - but it's useful for weight-bearing exercises and just generally inducing a feeling of well-being.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Title: Re: Heated pools in April?
Post by: Skunk on March 16, 2013, 05:44:54 PM
The Likya hotel has an indoor spa with a heated indoor pool and a sauna.  We went last year and had a thoroughly spoilt time.  I can't be sure it will be open but would be worth a shot I think. I have just recovered from two hip replacements so as soon as I get the all clear I may follow suit to get me fit for the summer and our holiday over there.  ;) ;) ;)
Post by: Irene on March 16, 2013, 07:26:46 PM
I am sure that if the Likya opened early or Easter lots of people would use their facilities - including our family.  Hope you both contine to recover well :)
Post by: Skunk on March 16, 2013, 11:21:47 PM
Thanks Irene. Your suggestion of Jimmy's is a good one too for the Kisla family.  ;)
Post by: Cosetta on March 17, 2013, 07:46:15 AM
Club Patara has an indoor pool which is probably heated but I can't guarantee it.  And they are certainly open year round.
Post by: maryjane on March 17, 2013, 10:58:33 AM
Re. Club Patara, the indoor pool and Spa may well be open all year, but when there in November, the pool was DEF not heated.  Strewth, jumped in and came out vertically, it was sooooooooooooooooooo cold :o :o :o :o
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal