Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: Cuddles on January 22, 2013, 08:05:20 PM

Title: Cheap Efes anyone?
Post by: Cuddles on January 22, 2013, 08:05:20 PM
Efes Turkish beer 69p for 500ml at B&M Retail

Just found this posted on hotukdeals.com. This makes it the equivalent of about 1.5TL a bottle! Try getting it at that price in Kalkan.
Title: Re: Cheap Efes anyone?
Post by: michelle from newcastle on January 31, 2013, 10:58:17 PM
i love efes, that is a bargain too
Post by: Painter Man on February 01, 2013, 11:33:27 AM
Good price, I wonder how many bottles I can get in my 20kg luggage allowance. As they are liquids I can not put any in my hand baggage which is a shame.
Post by: whiteonyx on February 01, 2013, 02:35:48 PM
i smuggle mine into the country by drinking them first! ha ha never been caught yet ;D
Post by: Cuddles on February 01, 2013, 08:03:22 PM
You would get about 25-30 in your case allowing for the weight of the bottle, liquid and case.
It may be worth, installing a camping fridge circuit in the case and a bit of insulation, then when you land, plugging it into the cigarette lighter socket on the transfer vehicle. Simples! I built one this afternoon using some old fairy liquid bottles and sticky backed plastic. Of course now the Efes tastes like gnat's, it needs sunshine. (And so do I!)
Post by: kele on February 02, 2013, 08:21:43 AM
Unless I’m missing something surely B & M Retail is in the UK? There’s also a clue in hotukdeals.com. So my question is; why would someone want to bring Efes back into Turkey in their suitcases?
Post by: pw on February 02, 2013, 08:53:18 AM
Unless I’m missing something surely B & M Retail is in the UK? There’s also a clue in hotukdeals.com. So my question is; why would someone want to bring Efes back into Turkey in their suitcases?

Perhaps it's a joke?
Post by: whiteonyx on February 02, 2013, 10:26:41 AM
Drat, Drat and double Drat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Painter Man on February 02, 2013, 11:08:12 AM
Yes Kele you have missed something. I want to take the Efes out to Turkey because at the B&M price it is cheaper than buying in in Kalkan, though I guess I would miss the refund on the empties.
Post by: misty on February 02, 2013, 11:29:02 AM
Is this a joke bring Efes from the UK ....it's not expensive in Kalkan...
Post by: Cuddles on February 02, 2013, 01:56:44 PM
Doh!

You're right Misty, it's a joke when you can buy Efes cheaper here than where it is produced.

Post by: BarbH on February 02, 2013, 03:04:11 PM
where are the B&M Stores? Tried seeing if there was any near me and could not get any infirmation from their website. Can buy Efes in some shops like Morrisons but they are never that price, even our turkish supermarket charge over £1.
Post by: joycie on February 02, 2013, 03:18:58 PM
There's one in Lichfield and one in Hednesford Staffordshire.
Post by: itstime on February 02, 2013, 03:38:10 PM
There's one in Motherwell, where I live but I've never known it to sell alcohol.
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 02, 2013, 04:52:20 PM
We have one in Fareham..food etc is cheap because it has very short shelf life... ;)
Post by: Potter on February 02, 2013, 05:34:22 PM
We have one in Fareham..food etc is cheap because it has very short shelf life... ;)
Drink quicker then....
 ;)
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 02, 2013, 06:14:12 PM
i don't believe thats possible!!! :P
Post by: kalcougar on February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 PM
Why not go the whole hog and bring 14 days worth of packed lunches as well...... >:D
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 03, 2013, 08:07:33 AM
Can i bring a whole hog? >:D
Post by: Cuddles on February 03, 2013, 09:22:32 AM
Mmm! Roast hog sandwiches, roast hog salad, roast hog kebap, roast hog curry. I'm ditching the cheap Efes in favour of hog. Yummy.
Post by: joycie on February 03, 2013, 09:32:58 AM
How do you pack a whole hog I'm sure that they're cheaper at B&M.
Post by: Chris_S on February 03, 2013, 12:30:03 PM
To find a B&M Store,

Go to
http://www.bmstores.co.uk/

Click on 'Stores' on the blue ribbon - enter your postcode.

Simples, as the Meerkats say.
Post by: kele on February 03, 2013, 01:15:33 PM
I just hope Asda doesn't have a promotion on Turkish Water Melons before this Painter guy leaves for Kalkan!
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 03, 2013, 01:28:09 PM
Funny you should say that....i've seen ladies i suspect of smuggling those!! :o :o
Post by: misty on February 03, 2013, 03:04:23 PM
We had a Hog tree in the gardens of the villa...but my OH said be careful it might be a ambush  ;D ;D ;D
Post by: BarbH on February 03, 2013, 03:11:11 PM
I had never  heard of this store. Looked on their website and there are none within easy reach of where we live, nearest is Canterbury, cost more in petrol than we would save on Efes, So looks like we will be sticking to our local stores.
Post by: Painter Man on February 03, 2013, 06:11:06 PM
Don't worry Kele I will not be taking water melons out, they take up too much room. I will be taking tea, coffee, Weetabix, porridge, tins of tuna, corned beef, sardines, vacuum packed legs of pork (available at Asda), sausages and bacon plus a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. I like to travel light.
Post by: kele on February 03, 2013, 07:16:37 PM
Don't worry Kele I will not be taking water melons out, they take up too much room. I will be taking tea, coffee, Weetabix, porridge, tins of tuna, corned beef, sardines, vacuum packed legs of pork (available at Asda), sausages and bacon plus a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. I like to travel light.
Efes, and this lot. There's nothing further to add.......is there?
Post by: Cuddles on February 03, 2013, 08:07:01 PM
How do you pack a whole hog I'm sure that they're cheaper at B&M.

You don't pack hogs, you smoke them. But anyway, that's a different tail.
Post by: joycie on February 03, 2013, 08:23:50 PM
Bit big for a pipe aren't they?
Post by: Livingproof on February 04, 2013, 08:42:15 AM
There's one in Lichfield and one in Hednesford Staffordshire.
Correct - there is one in Lichfield but it doesn't seem to have any Efes. Nor is there even an empty space on the shelf for any. However I'll keep checking every time I go into town because it's a decent beer at a knockdown price! B&M are a sort of cut-price Woolies, in fact the one in Lichfield occupies the former Woolworths. They sell all manner of things though not always great quality!
Post by: kalkan4eva on February 04, 2013, 05:24:19 PM
B&M are based in the North West, that's why stores are few and far between in the South...luckily, I have a choice of 4, all local to either home or work. They all sell alcohol - us northerners are obviously big consumers - and they all sell the cheap Efes ;) BH reckons it doesn't taste the same without the sunshine though :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 04, 2013, 06:04:04 PM
B&M now have over 296 stores nationwide,,,they have taken over many Kwiksave sites along with Woolies and more recently Focus Diy.....at least someone is doing ok in the reccession
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal