Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: kalkan4eva on January 10, 2013, 06:52:04 PM

Title: Service Road and Building work
Post by: kalkan4eva on January 10, 2013, 06:52:04 PM
Does anyone know if the service road from Patara Prince to Kalkan has been finished?
Also, I'm interested to know if building work has spread on the "green belt" land in front of Lykia Estate?
thanks
Title: Re: Service Road and Building work
Post by: amber on January 10, 2013, 08:09:48 PM
No change to the "service road" this year and plenty of building going on in front of Lykia Estate in the olive groves.
Post by: kalkan4eva on January 10, 2013, 09:13:34 PM
thanks amber, how sad about the building in the olive groves :(
Post by: amber on January 11, 2013, 09:38:05 AM
The building in those olive groves is a disgrace.They wont be happy until they have covered every hillside with villas,"protected areas" seem no longer protected!
Post by: Cuddles on January 11, 2013, 02:33:18 PM
Kalkan is a victim of it's own success. And we only have ourselves to blame for that success.
Post by: misty on January 12, 2013, 01:23:07 PM
At least they are not building any high rise developments....but with the talk of a Mc Donald's as well it's very worrying. On a more positive note the geography of Kalkan means they can only build so many properties before they are maxed out.....
Post by: onelove on January 12, 2013, 04:35:31 PM
I have been told ( correct, who knows ! ) Mac D's want $400k for franchise  ??? ??? ???  Not a chance that Kalkan custom could support that.....hope so anyway.
Post by: misty on January 12, 2013, 08:13:00 PM
I'm not sure if it still applies but the franchise funds had to be unencumbered as well.....would it succeed I also have my doubts as in winter business would be very quiet..... ??? ???   
Post by: kalkan4eva on January 13, 2013, 06:20:12 PM
McDonalds is another debate...for now we should be asking how can a builder be allowed to build in protected green space?
Post by: alantj on January 22, 2013, 04:32:46 PM
Unfortunately in Kalkan "protected" only means it hasn't been built on yet.

Since we bourght our villa, 8 years ago, huge tracts of what were were assured by estate agents were protected (green) land has been zoned and then built on. Fortunately we decided to buy in an already built area, so didn't have to worry about losing an expensive view as Kalkan expanded.     

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal