Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Dimetime2 on January 30, 2008, 09:23:04 PM

Title: Holiday Time Bus Service
Post by: Dimetime2 on January 30, 2008, 09:23:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

What would really solve the transport issues that are occurring at the moment is for a campaign to get a local holiday season bus service under way in Kalkan/Kalamar area. The council may not even need to subsidize it as i expect it would generate a  reasonable amount of cash for the operator. This way way people really would have a choice as to transport modes!

Any campaign leaders out there!? ;D
Title: Re: Holiday Time Bus Service
Post by: felicity on January 30, 2008, 09:40:38 PM
And who is going to get the taxi drivers on board (not literally!!)....I think this needs a lot of careful planning if it is to stand a cat''s chance...!!  I don''t want to sound negative - but I think whomever decides to try to get this off the ground may find they have bitten off more than they can chew...  I also don''t know how legally you will stand - and whether you can get to do it without the council''s permission/blessing and can you imagine the poor bus driver being surrounded by a group of taxi drivers - how intimidating that would be..!! 

Having said that - I think it would be a grand idea - just not sure how in the current climate it might work..!!  ??? ???
Title: Re: Holiday Time Bus Service
Post by: bluefudge11 on January 31, 2008, 12:09:27 PM
I Agree Felicity, with the intimidation tactics some of the Taxi drivers have shown towards supermarkets and those hotel owners  giving a lift to non residents, then I think it would be a non starter. (although a great idea to give people a real choice!)

oops maybe this is the start of another Taxi driver debate - sorry  ::)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal