Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: dazbo on November 04, 2012, 02:00:29 PM

Title: nearest big supermarket
Post by: dazbo on November 04, 2012, 02:00:29 PM
Hi all, can anyone tell me where the nearest large Supermarket is to Kalkan. We've been a couple of times and have found the food shops to be a bit limited.
Title: Re: nearest big supermarket
Post by: turkeyfan on November 04, 2012, 02:04:27 PM
It maybe that if you visit a couple of shops you will find what you are looking for. What type of stuff were you after that you couldn't find in Kalkan?
Post by: kevincat99 on November 04, 2012, 08:59:53 PM

Kalkan's supermarkets overall probably have as good a range of foodstuffs in the season as most other resorts in Turkey

Remember this is Turkey and does not have places, the likes of Sainsburys and Tesco

However the range of goods is constantly expanding to cater for tourists and the foreign community
Post by: anne41 on November 04, 2012, 10:52:49 PM
I have always found the supermarkets in Kalkan provide all you need. Yes you may have to visit a few other shops like the butchers or green grocers to get all you want but I find that such a pleasure as I am on holiday and enjoy the fact that I have time to do that. Did once shop in a large supermarket in fethiye but found it no better than the smaller ones in Kalkan !
Post by: amber on November 05, 2012, 06:06:07 AM
Dazbo - When were you last in Kalkan? We now have BIM,A101.Yali,Kippa,Migros,Genpa plus a few more.Sure you will find all you need without going to Fethiye!
Post by: dazbo on November 05, 2012, 02:47:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies.We have not been for a couple of years but sounds like Kalkan has all we need.Can't wait to get back.  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal