Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: David S on October 22, 2012, 10:59:56 AM

Title: Turkish Wills
Post by: David S on October 22, 2012, 10:59:56 AM
Has anyone made a Turkish Will lately and can you recommend a Notary,(preferably in Kalkan or Kas) and do you know have details of its cost, please?

Thanks  so much

David S.
Title: Re: Turkish Wills
Post by: happy days on October 22, 2012, 12:04:09 PM
David s. before you embark on getting a turkish will make sure that you are clear that your written intent will be followed. My understanding is that turkish law stipulates how your estate will be divided irrespective of what you have in your Will. I have asked this question before to clarify but have yet to receive a response. If this is the case what is the point on having a Turkish Will prepared? It is not cheap to draw up a Will in Turkey. If you manage to clarify this point i would welcome feedback.
Title: Re: Turkish Wills
Post by: Korderekid on October 22, 2012, 01:13:27 PM
The fixed and moveable assets in Turkey held by foreigners can be allocated in any way you wish provided that you make a Turkish will clearly stating your wishes.

The Turkish assets of foreigners  will only be divided amongst family members of the deceased  in accordance with Turkish law if no will exists.

If you are planning to leave assets to spouse And children then you may not feel you need a will. If you wish to have different bequests a will is very important.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal