Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: felicity on January 20, 2008, 10:01:47 AM

Title: A Dolmus service for Kalkan?
Post by: felicity on January 20, 2008, 10:01:47 AM
Talking last week to my transfer guy (who also has a taxi in Kalkan) who tells me that there is a limited dolmus service going to be started shortly in Kalkan.  Has anybody else heard a similar story - as I would love to know if it is true  :)

He tells me that there will be a from the taxi run up the hill past the petrol station and one running along the road to Kas/Kaputas.  If this really happens - I think this would be good for Kalkan and for the locals and tourists alike!  :)
Title: Re: A Dolmus service for Kalkan?
Post by: DRBD on January 20, 2008, 11:47:34 AM
Think this subject came up some tme last year on the forum, not sure now who first brought to our attention.
Post by: kalkanfan on January 20, 2008, 11:53:39 AM
If this does happen do you not think this will just exacerbate the current issue with the taxi drivers?  A cheap Dolmus service does not automatically equal a good thing for Kalkan, the locals and tourists.  There may well be repercussions (and incidentally I''m with the taxi drivers on this issue) that have not yet been foreseen.  Cheap does not necessarily equal good - unless you own a villa?
Post by: Cruisecontroller on January 20, 2008, 03:25:37 PM
No disrespect to you kalkanfan but we think it would be a good idea, especially with the relocation of the bus station.  When the bus station was down by the taxi rank it was brilliant but now, when you want a dolmus, you''ve either got to walk up the hill to the new bus station or out to the Kas Road if going that way.  Dolmus and Taxi ran side by side without conflict before and this would be good for the residents of Kalkan, a step back to how things use to be and can only be good news for the economy of Kalkan in general, as people, resident and tourist alike, will use this facility.

Les
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal