Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Phyllis33 on September 04, 2012, 09:59:49 PM

Title: Taxis
Post by: Phyllis33 on September 04, 2012, 09:59:49 PM
Hi two questions here to ask,
Anyone know how much it would be for a Dalaman airport taxi to Kalkan?
And would anyone know how much it would be for a Kalkan taxi back to Dalaman Airport? Many thanks
Title: Re: Taxis
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 05, 2012, 08:43:18 AM
A transfer on average works out at £55 each way..book it before you go, for ease you can book it through here, go back to main page(top of this page right h side) in the blue header bar  look at airport transfers ....if you jump in one at dalaman  you will pay £70+ and could get someone not very honest ;)
i'm sure others will be along with contact details for transfers, if not i will post some connections later  :-*
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 05, 2012, 09:27:40 AM
I think there is a tariff displayed at the taxi rank in Kalkan and from memory I had £60 for a yellow taxi to take you to Dalaman - not sure if this includes tolls. As BL says the transfer companies are very reasonable and with some you get free cold water, biscuits and sweets. You can book them in advance and I've never been let down yet :)
Post by: Mrs M! on September 05, 2012, 04:51:19 PM
We used Abi Tours in Kalkan and booked ahead from their website (link below).  They were extremely reliable and most importantly we felt safe; they were also the most reasonable we found price wise - £130 return for a small minibus which would have comfortably seated six or seven passengers, obviously it's cheaper (£110 return) for a smaller vehicle. We also didn't have to pay upfront and paid towards the end of our stay in the office which is in the centre of the old town.

http://www.abitravel.net/index.php/airport_transfers.html

Post by: Cuddles on September 05, 2012, 05:22:49 PM
Agree with Blue Lizard and loumason, book in advance.  We always use Abi Travel too as, to date, they have not let us down in 11 years of using them.
Post by: Phyllis33 on September 05, 2012, 06:21:38 PM
Thank you for all your advice. Looks like we shall book before we travel in October. SO looking forward to seeing Kalkan again after3 years.
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 05, 2012, 06:25:59 PM
The link above given by loumason is an excellent one..Abi travel..... good company and the lady speaks english so it is very easy to sort out what you want ;)
Post by: Skunk on September 05, 2012, 07:53:53 PM
Couldn't agree more BL. Linda is a star.  8)
Post by: khancock on September 05, 2012, 08:42:05 PM
Im glad to hear these positive comments about Abi Travel.

I am travelling from Dalaman to Kalkan on my own (I'm a 23 year old girl) in October and I am a little bit nervous to say the least!  Having booked with Linda and hearing your comments I feel a little more calm now! :)

Kate
Post by: Skunk on September 05, 2012, 10:37:17 PM
Hi Kate, don't worry at all. My daughter has travelled with them and they are totally trustworthy.  They sometimes stop at a garage on the way back for a quick 10 min break - don't be alarmed because it's a long journey! Just get yourself a drink and enjoy, but if your flight is in the dark, put mozzie stuff on before you leave the airport -  you can be done by the mozzies on the way there which is not a good look next day! You will be fine.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal