Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: dorbyperry on August 19, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Title: Quiet Kalkan?
Post by: dorbyperry on August 19, 2012, 04:01:38 PM
I have just had a wonderful review from a guest renting my beautiful villa in Kisiltas.  This is the second year that they have rented my villa and they said wanted to know why there was no dog barking this year - although very blissful!  Can anyone clarify if there is less noise from the dogs?
Title: Re: Quiet Kalkan?
Post by: whiteonyx on August 19, 2012, 05:22:50 PM
have you read any of the  reports ref dogs in the forums or are you trying to upset us animal lovers on this site?
Post by: Bee on August 19, 2012, 05:43:21 PM
Considering how emotive the subject of dogs has been on here, I find this post very odd?
Post by: itstime on August 19, 2012, 05:46:17 PM
In 16 years of visiting Kalkan I've never been bothered by any noise from dogs. Wasn't last month and probably won't be next month when I'm back.
Maybe I'm lucky :)
Post by: brian j p on August 19, 2012, 05:53:14 PM
Love dogs but love people more, if forum lovers  cannot post a question without upsetting dog lovers and getting torn off then it is a sad day and time for some to get a life, dogs are important but people are more important than dogs
Post by: chickengeorge on August 19, 2012, 07:10:38 PM
I reckon we should have a competition for the most pointless post of the year - this gets my vote.  ;)
Post by: caradog on August 19, 2012, 07:17:24 PM
Love dogs but love people more, if forum lovers  cannot post a question without upsetting dog lovers and getting torn off then it is a sad day and time for some to get a life, dogs are important but people are more important than dogs
Well said Brian! It was doryperrys 3rd on post on here!! What makes anyone think he would have trawled earlier posts regarding what had happened to dogs in the area. Some people don't actually read every word on this forum. And why would anyone automatically think he was trying to upset dog lovers??
To answer your query doryperry there have been some unfortunate incidents of dog poisoning this year, which may or may not explain the absence of barking in your area.
Post by: itstime on August 19, 2012, 08:27:54 PM
To be fair he has been a member since February and owns property. Would have thought he'd have been up to date on what has been going on in Kalkan but perhaps an innocent posting?
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on August 19, 2012, 08:44:46 PM
Just to let everyone know this topic is flagged for monitoring and may be locked or removed.
Post by: Begonvil on August 19, 2012, 09:14:28 PM
Been here a week now and have to say not seen  many dogs, and not heard many barking during the night, not once woken up during the night with dogs barking, deffo an improvement on the dog front!
Post by: Cajaran on August 19, 2012, 09:34:11 PM
Don't use the "D" word unless you want to start another pointless going / getting nowhere post
Post by: Dorby Perry on August 20, 2012, 09:54:25 AM
My sincerest apologies to absolutely everyone whom I have upset - completely unintentional - and no, i have not been on the forum for a long time!  I am very saddened to hear that there have been incidents and I too feel that this situation could have been dealt with better!  Before I post anything again, I will make sure I have read everthing on the forum.  My apologies to EK as well.
Post by: caradog on August 20, 2012, 12:18:19 PM
I don't think you should be expected to read everything on the forum before you make an innocent posting Dorby. Equally I think people should take care before assuming that your comments were meant to be intentionally inflammatory. Says a lot about human nature!!
Post by: kalkanbelle on August 20, 2012, 04:10:25 PM
Hope this hasn't put you off posting on EK Dorby as I don't think you would normally get a negative response to an innocent question.  It's just that dogs have been quite an emotive subject recently so maybe unbeknown to you your question came at the wrong time.
Post by: headroom on August 20, 2012, 09:37:39 PM
To be fair he has been a member since February and owns property. Would have thought he'd have been up to date on what has been going on in Kalkan but perhaps an innocent posting?

or 2009, depending on which account name SHE uses?
Post by: dancing ninja on August 20, 2012, 09:46:57 PM
Another sad response from a judgemental person  :(
Post by: headroom on August 20, 2012, 10:21:47 PM
could not care less about being judgemental, just curious as to why there are 2 user names being used by the same person. Simple as that.
Post by: BarbH on August 20, 2012, 10:54:34 PM
I too noticed there was 2 different postings, first with 3 posts and the latest with 19.
Post by: Cajaran on August 20, 2012, 11:06:20 PM
Just curious but how do you work that out ?????
Post by: BarbH on August 20, 2012, 11:56:33 PM
Have a look on the  two posts, that tells you.
Post by: itstime on August 21, 2012, 08:34:28 AM
could not care less about being judgemental, just curious as to why there are 2 user names being used by the same person. Simple as that.

I'm confused too. I'm sure when I looked the other day there was only the one  ???
Post by: kalkanbelle on August 21, 2012, 10:43:53 AM
One poster is Dorbyperry (no space) and the other is Dorby perry (with a space).  One name was registered in 2009 and the other in 2012.  Perhaps they had to re register for some reason but in any case all their posts seem genuine and non offensive so what is the problem?
Post by: Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on August 21, 2012, 01:07:38 PM
Locking this post now.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal