Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: MightyAphrodite on August 18, 2012, 12:30:13 PM

Title: White Table Restaurant
Post by: MightyAphrodite on August 18, 2012, 12:30:13 PM
We were really impressed with White Table.  Really nice guy outside talked us through the menu but wasn't pushy at all. 5 of us had a variety of gourmet burgers & pasta dishes - all were amazing quality. Our teenage son who is very picky about fancy food wasn't sure about which burger to have, so they offered to make him just a plain one. He said it was the best burger he'd ever had. I had to agree - my smoked basil burger was awesome. Tried their Rose wine which was gorgeously fruity. Bill for 5 mains plus a round of beers/wine came to 127TL. Service was great - food is obviously cooked fresh to order, so this is not a fast food experience. But the setting is lovely and the small size of the restaurant gives it a nice intimate feel. Worth trying for something a bit different in Kalkan. :)
Title: Re: White Table Restaurant
Post by: HolmfirthNicky on August 18, 2012, 01:22:36 PM
We also love this restaurant, if you fancy a change one night from the usual menus then this is the place to come. The owner is a lovely guy and he really does know his wines, we had a lovely bottle of rose. I also had the smoked basil burger, really, really good!!
Post by: whiteonyx on August 18, 2012, 07:36:38 PM
Excellent food, great wines and a lovely couple running it. The mint burger with takziki is brill  ;D
Post by: MartynE on August 18, 2012, 08:47:59 PM
Agree with all of the above.. we tried it in May and it was fab.  great food, nice couple running it and a nice relaxed atmosphere. Smoked basil burger = yum!!
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 19, 2012, 11:03:59 AM
We also love White Table. Derman and Yigit deserve great success with this restaurant as they are incredibly welcoming and offer a great alternative menu and really competitive prices...plus their cheesecake is to die for :)
Post by: Bdancer on August 20, 2012, 09:54:23 AM
Yes, an excellent little restaurant and their salads are lovely too, just perfect for a light lunch, looking forward to visiting in September.
Isis
Post by: JenJen on August 20, 2012, 10:41:24 AM
I know roughly where this restaurant is but can't place it exactly in my head...whereabouts is the entrance? 

Looking forward to trying it for the first time in 3 weeks :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on August 20, 2012, 11:12:51 AM
It's opposite Salt n pepper ..(little road that leads to Kaptans) ;)
Post by: JenJen on August 20, 2012, 11:59:22 AM
Thanks Blue Lizard! It was on our list to try last time but didn't get round to it so will definitely go this year.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal