Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: deepasforever1 on August 12, 2012, 01:55:37 PM

Title: how long does the shuttle bus transfer take from Dalaman to Kalkan
Post by: deepasforever1 on August 12, 2012, 01:55:37 PM
I'm looking at various options for getting myself from Dalaman to Kalkan - we've always used a taxi transfer before as it's been family holidays, but this time it's just me :-\  A shuttle bus seems a lot cheaper but I'm worried it might take much longer.  Enlightenment would be very welcome please ;D  I have posted on the transfer page but no luck yet and getting just a touch of cold feet about my adventure in Turkey  :-\ 
Title: Re: how long does the shuttle bus transfer take from Dalaman to Kalkan
Post by: Chucky on August 12, 2012, 07:44:13 PM
I think it depends on how many people are using it and where they are getting off. I seem to remember seeing a couple of posts that mentioned dropping people off at Fethiye and one were they transfered to a taxi at Fethiye for the remainder of the journey. I would assume it does take a bit longer but not considerably so.
Post by: misty on August 13, 2012, 08:27:58 AM
Depends on which Kamikaze driver you are allocated  >:D >:D
Post by: Kalkan regular on August 13, 2012, 09:28:00 AM
It took quite a while for my husband a year ago as they forgot to tell him to change vehicles in Fethiye and he ended up in Olu Deniz! They said it hadn't happened before. He was taken back to Fethiye and after a while put in a taxi with a lady who also hadn't been told to change at Fethiye on a different transfer and had ended up somewhere else! Other than that it would have been ok, taken about 50 mins more than a private transfer and cost a lot less.
Post by: deepasforever1 on August 13, 2012, 10:32:20 AM
Many thanks!  Just one more thing, do they pick up fairly quickly or is there a lot of hanging round at the airport?  I'm torn between my desperation to reach Kalkan and err paying for it!
Post by: Reygirl on August 13, 2012, 11:42:26 AM
There's no way of knowing exactly how long you'll have to wait as every journey is individual and totally dependent on how many people have booked the shuttle and where they're coming from.  I think the longest wait I've had is about 40 minutes for people to get on the bus at the airport and then I've had private taxi from Fethiye onwards.  I once had to leave Kalkan about an hour earlier than if it had been by private transfer because the people I was sharing with had a flight earlier than mine.  I've used the shuttle bus several times as a single traveller and have always found the significantly reduced cost outweighs the slightly longer time. 
Post by: amber on August 13, 2012, 12:41:41 PM
Didnt turn up for a friend of mine and she ended up paying 100 pounds for a taxi from the airport!
Post by: Firecat on August 13, 2012, 01:27:33 PM
I can't see your post on the transfer shares page - what are your travel dates? I am also travelling to Kalkan on my own and have private transfers arranged.

EDIT: Ah, found it. Dates don't tie up unfortunately as I'm not due there until 5 Sept. I think I'd be both too impatient and too nervous to rely upon a shuttle bus so for me the extra outlay on private transfers is worth it for the speed and certainty. Difficult call when you're only in town for a few days though as the pro rata cost is high.
Post by: kalkanbelle on August 13, 2012, 02:54:52 PM
Might be worth trying this link for sharing transfers    www.transferwithme.com
Post by: deepasforever1 on August 13, 2012, 03:38:58 PM
Thanks again for all your help.  It is a dilemma Firecat.  Kalkan time is very precious and I don't have much of it... but then I think I know what my bank manager might be saying ;D  I'll mull it over a bit longer and hope that the perfect transfer share comes along.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal