Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Patara  (Read 4065 times)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Patara
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:24:45 PM »
I''ve been asked by a german friend who is on the Trip Advisor german forum for Patara for some up to date info on Patara.  Whilst I go fairly frequently to Patara - I have a mind like a sieve for things like prices and names of restaurants (must be my age..!!   :o) - so I thought I would ask you guys!!  I appreciate that this information may change for the 2009 information - but it is a starting point!

If you can let me know the answer to the following questions from Monika - and possibly any other useful information for her - I will be sure to pass her all your replies!

Thanking you all in advance -  :-*

Entrance fee
Sunbed and umbrella rates
Dolmus rate to Patara from Kalkan (and Fethiye)
Price for a beer
Average price for a meal
Taxi rates to Kalkan
Any special news such as: a new restaurant, bar or a new beach restaurant.
Any other useful information

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: Patara
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 07:40:58 AM »
Went there in October and the Entrance Fee had been increased to 5ytl per person. I don''t know if that then lasts for a week or whether it''s just a day pass. Can''t remember the cost of the sun-loungers but I think a large beer was 5ytl. Haven''t used the dolmus to Patara but I think it was 10ytl each .
Hope this helps.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »
5ytl each and that was a daily rate in October.  It was very windy the day we went so didn''t stay to eat in the little beach cafe (which we''ve always found very good) but ate in Patara itself in a little restaurant called Aspendos.  We had a wonderful Turkish meal including meze starters, main courses, beers, freshly squeezed pomegranate juice and all for around 80 lira for 4 people.  Everything homemade, excellent!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 02:14:26 PM »
In june /July the fare from Kalkan bus station to patara was 4 lira each way.We tend to buy a single to the beach and nosey into Patara village where you can get a bus back...last one is 6p.m..but they run every 30 mins through the late afternoon..we always get the 5.30 one in case the 6 doesn''t turn up!!The station is in the village square)Those who buy a return to the beach from Kalkan get on where they got off at the beach .... entrance to the beach was 2 lira per person...a sun bed was 4 lira and a brolly was 2 lira.....The beach restaurant is now run by the village people (they won''t sing YMCA though!!) the large hotel got the elbow and prices are now very much better...large beer was 4 lira.....We often come off the beach when we have had to much blasting by the sun..the village is a flat walk and takes about 25 minutes(even with my little Lizardy legs)...it is a sweltering road with some fast drivers and should be done only if you like walking!!you can get a bus which they restarted last year into the village this cost 1.5 lira and goes from under the tree as you come off the boardwalk by the toilets..beware the taxis...they must be related to kalkan ones they say "taksi  meter"but often it doesn''t work and they will try to sting you for betwen 8 and 10 lira for what locals would pay 4/5 at most...if the bus is still running use that!! ...Charlie is right about Aspendos in the village...small cheap and good food no airs and graces situated in the village square opposite the bus station( station is a shed in a car park !!)....Just on the left hand side as you go down into the village is situated "Tlos" run by Osman...the brother of Aspendos man(name slips me!) it''s alcohol free (or was) but the food is as good as anything iv''e tasted in turkey again it''s not flash but nice prices and fresh food....On the main road at the top on the way to the beach .on the right is a place called "Harrods"run by Jimmmy..hes mad and it''s good for stopping off for a snack or a beer the beach  dolmus passes and it''s the place you can see with bags t shirts etc and small general store...
                                              ta ta
                                                 for now
                                                      Lizard ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline rosarioguy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:17:53 AM »
The daily charge for the Ancient City of Patara is 5 ytl as mentioned previously but I have been told that they do a weekly charge which may be worth it for holiday makers that want to come more than once. I will check the price but I think it 10ytl for a week. I was also told by one of the dolmus drivers that following lots of complaints, that people are paying to visit the Ancient City when all they want to do is go to the beach, that they maybe building a seperate access road to solve this problem. This may just be talk but we will see.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 01:21:23 PM »
A very interesting link about Patara and its history supplied by my german friend!

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=161329

Enjoy!

Offline rosarioguy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 09:27:59 AM »
Ok entrance to patara beach and anciant ruins is 5ytl for a day and 5 ytl for a week with a different ticket!! Where the logic is I dont know.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Getting to Patara

Started by Lucy Lou on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post May 25, 2016, 05:52:55 AM
by amber
recycled
Patara Market

Started by mikel on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 16, 2008, 09:25:57 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Dolmus to Patara

Started by pw on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post April 05, 2013, 08:02:12 AM
by pw
xx
The Horses at Patara

Started by rosarioguy on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post December 04, 2008, 11:57:33 AM
by Mags

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Haan Inn

Views: 3770
By: chillout
children