Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Overnight trips to Pamukkale/Ephesus?  (Read 3557 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Overnight trips to Pamukkale/Ephesus?
« on: May 25, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »
Hi all

We are coming back for our normal stay in September (only four months but who''s counting?) and as we have the luxury of over two weeks to play with rather than the usual seven days, we have decided that instead of being lazy sun worshippers we are going to do something ''educational'' and ''worthy''!

Ephesus and Pamukkale are obvious attractions but they clearly involve an overnight stay... has anyone organised this for themselves using a travel operator? We have tried Linda at Abi Travel (who normally do our airport transfers) and she could arrange a personal taxi & driver for us with an overnight stay, but frankly this worked out too expensive.  We were rather hoping to be able to catch a regular bus or something, and then find out if there is any accomodation on route.

Any suggestions?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1628.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
Re: Overnight trips to Pamukkale/Ephesus?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 08:17:58 AM »
Why don''t you just hire a car and DIY..??  We didn''t get to Ephesus coz we went to Turunc to see friends instead - but we drove to pammukale and spent 2 days at the Venus hotel....a lovely place - it was a lovely easy drive only about 3-4 hours over the mountains and Pamukkale is well worth the visit now they have cleared the big hotels that were ruining it.  I would stay 2 nights in the Venus hotel (run by a turk and an Australian) great place and great food and very cheap!  I can''t seem to get their personal website up at the moment http://www.venushotel.net/  but here is their TA link - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297992-d572880-Reviews-Venus_Hotel-Pamukkale.html (you should find my review on there!).  Whilst there you can also visit Afrodisias just about 10 minutes away - also an amazing place...!  Stay 2 days - see the travertines in the morning and evening without the crowds and you will benefit more from that than just 1 overnight stop - you can then travel onto Ephesus which I understand is a very fast 1-2 hours away from Pamukkale - so all you need to be recommended some accommodation there - ask the Feds - and see his trip report - he might be able to recommend somewhere - my guess is that you will need 2 nights there too!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Resident: No
Re: Overnight trips to Pamukkale/Ephesus?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »
Brilliant, thanks very much for that Felicity. The Feds also suggested hiring a car in a pm... I must confess I hadn''t thought of doing that which is silly of me really, because we often hire a car during our weeks in Kalkan. 

There is, of course, one problem with booking a hotel for two nights in Pammukale - it means being away from Kalkan for two nights!!!!  ;)

Oh well... choices, choices...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Trip to Ephesus and Pamukkale

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 10:17:16 AM
by M n M
xx
overnight gulet trips

Started by Bdancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

7 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 09:54:54 PM
by cptergun
xx
Looking for a recommendations for a hotel in Turunc & Ephesus

Started by Ahsap Man on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post August 31, 2008, 08:15:41 PM
by Chucky
xx
Pamukkale bus.

Started by Islander on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 30, 2019, 12:04:26 PM
by baclava

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal