Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Meis  (Read 1962 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Meis
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »
When we were in Kalkan last month we booked with Adda for a day at Meis. I thought the day was going to go hideously badly when we were still waiting for the the transport to Kas an hour after turning up at Adda's offices. However, we had a really enjoyable day and would recommend the trip to anyone who fancies a change of scenery.
Our girls were not too enamoured with the place, so we just got them a couple of sunbeds at the hotel at the end of the headland and my BH and I wandered off to explore. I took tons of photos - it's such a pretty little place and enjoyed our walk up to the castle ruins and down the back streets.

The place was full of Australians and we were reliably informed that many of the inhabitants had emigrated there but kept their homes on the island and July is known on the island as "Australia month" as they all seem to come over together at that time of year. August is known as "Italy month" as those that didn't go to Australia went to Italy and again they had their homes that they later reclaimed and prefer to come back in August en masse.
The cash machine wasn't working, but thanks to EK I'd taken Euros with us, but there were a lot of frustrated people standing around the ATM. The only thing I would say for those wishing to stock up on pork products make sure you get them before the shops close at 2pm. We hadn't realised this happened and had planned to buy everything we wanted just before we got back on the boat, because of the heat. Luckily, we were directed to a tiny little shop, that didn't even look like a shop, behind the old fish market (by an Australian) that remained open and were able to buy bacon, sausages and ham there. No problems bringing them back to Turkey - no bag searching took place as we disembarked!
The girls were happy, they'd sunbathed all day and we'd bought cadbury's chocolate in duty free ;D ;D

All in all a lovely day!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Meis

Started by pw on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

13 Replies
Last post March 29, 2013, 04:03:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
meis

Started by Baggy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 07:08:11 PM
by Baggy
xx
Meis

Started by Bdancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post June 03, 2016, 01:19:22 PM
by felicity
xx
Meis

Started by cleworthallray on Kas and Meis

7 Replies
Last post October 22, 2018, 12:29:12 PM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalamar panarama

Views: 2555
By: pw
hot.JPG